Poor conversion rate for footlocker.com?
    I recently started pushing some very targeted traffic to footlocker.com and am seeing a VERY poor conversion rate. Has anyone else had the same result w/footlocker?

I'm sitting at 300+ click-throughs and 0 sales. I see a great conversion rate from other retail merchants in LinkShare.

300 a day or just 300 total? If 300 a day and no sales you have a problem. But, if it is 300 over several days or weeks you need to be patient (and get more clicks per day).
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

300+ click-throughs over 2-3 days. I launched Sierra Trading Post at the same time and have had 9 sales w/less than 100 click-throughs.

As I mentioned, this is targeted traffic.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I was talking to somebody at the affiliate summit last night.
    A suggestion is to have a cap of 500-800 clicks to get a good measurement. it might not be the right crowd for you if you do not make money after xxx-xxxx amount of clicks.. then move on

You might want to change some of the variables to see if the targeted traffic will match the footlocker crowd.

Aren't they one of the "short cookie duration" operators?

Keep in mind that some of the slick artists like Sierra and Shop NBC know how to use unreasonably short cookie durations to exploit affiliate traffic for a free ride on "latent customers".
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    I have an overall 2.48% conversion for them but this year a little lower. So they do ok for me, not great. Their cookie is only 3 days, check your Non-Commissionable Sales Reports and see if you have sales showing up there.

Thank you for the suggestions and additional info. I'll let things run as they are for a couple more days to see what happens.

So far, I see 0 sales in my Non-Commissionable Sales Report. In addition to that, it looks like there are some reporting problems today since my Click-Through number hasn't gone up at all.

Thanks again!

Alton

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    NoWires, what is Sierra's cookie length, I can't find it on their site. I thought they had a decent cookie!

I believe it is 7 days but you can bet your sweet patootie that the percentage of latent customers that buy that kind of stuff more than 7 days after referral is well into the double-digits.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    First three I checked...
    UPromise = yes.
    ShopAtHomeSelect = yes.
    eBates = yes.

No need to check further for me.

I am not saying that this is definitely your only problem, but I can guarantee you that many of your return day sales will be lost in this program. Find a clean one where the merchant is seeking incremental sales from their affiliates.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-j
    Thank you for the suggestions and additional info. I'll let things run as they are for a couple more days to see what happens.

So far, I see 0 sales in my Non-Commissionable Sales Report. In addition to that, it looks like there are some reporting problems today since my Click-Through number hasn't gone up at all.

Thanks again!

Alton
    Alton,

They also seem to have a delay in reporting, so they may report sales to linkshare when the item ships, which is usually a couple days later. Contact Kamika there, he is usually very responsive, kgut *at* eastbay.com.

First three I checked...
    UPromise = yes.
    ShopAtHomeSelect = yes.
    eBates = yes.

No need to check further for me.

I am not saying that this is definitely your only problem, but I can guarantee you that many of your return day sales will be lost in this program. Find a clean one where the merchant is seeking incremental sales from their affiliates.
    Also take a really close look at what Donuts says here, if you don't know what parasiteware is, do a search for it on this board. It should be one of the criteria you use in selecting new merchants.

-Michael

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread