Huge Invasive Pop Ups?
    Call me paranoid, but it seems like everytime I check CJ links on my site, I end up getting some huge invasive PIA popup. Anyone else seeing this happen?
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

No, I didn't get any. You should run a spyware, mal-ware program to see what's been downloaded into your computer. Do you have Norton or other antivirus?
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin-1752[url="http://www.salocal.com/goldwing/goldwing_tech.htm"][/url]

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by leeann
    Call me paranoid, but it seems like everytime I check CJ links on my site, I end up getting some huge invasive PIA popup. Anyone else seeing this happen?
    My guess is that you have a Parasite problem on your machine.

The LMI gives VCLK control over your page. Since the LMI lets VCLK pump whatever javascript code they desire into your site, they could very easily turn your web site into a popup farm. For that matter, VCLK did just that with their flagship product Valueclick.

As for paranoia, it is probably justified when you work with a company like VCLK that you just cannot trust.

Again, I suspect that you have a parasite problem. The parasites might already have code specifically designed to work in concert with LMI. We really don't know yet if the LMI will make the parasite problem worse or better.

Do you have a .com or a free site such as tripod? I had the same problem with one of my free sites - my pop-up blocker was constantly alerting me every time I clicked on a link or the back button. I moved my site from that free hosting site to a different one and haven't had any problems since.

Quote Originally Posted by swankette
    Do you have a .com or a free site such as tripod? I had the same problem with one of my free sites - my pop-up blocker was constantly alerting me every time I clicked on a link or the back button. I moved my site from that free hosting site to a different one and haven't had any problems since.
    No, this is a regular site. It's been there forever and I do not use popups of any kind or Google. It started about a week ago and hasn't quit. It's this HUGE popup for http://www.winantivirus.com/ and it pops several windows opened at once. I thought maybe it was CJs and was inside one of the js I tested. I took them off and I'm still getting it. Norton and Spy Sweeper can't seem to stop it and it overrides my popup blocker.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Boot up in the Safe Mode with network support if possible. Try and update Norton and Spy Sweeper to latest profiles. If they update ... run those programs to find the Adwhore perps. You have both a trajan virus and Spyware/Adware that most likely keeps from detect/removal in normal windows mode.

If need be download & install Microsoft OneCare Beta and AVG anti-virus. Run those in safe mode and watch the results if the scumbag affiliates who trashed your system for infestation fees set up the offending apps to disable Norton and Spy Sweeper in regular mode. That's very common. Look for more unethical affiliates to jump on Adware/Spyware installs now they been shaken out of Adsense arbritrage schemes and have their crack habit to support.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Arrow
    There is probably adware, malware or spyware on your computer. These usually come in so called 'free' products such as Smiley downloads or certain shareware products like 'free' download accelerators etc. Remember nothing on the net is free. Companies that give you something for free that requires them to pay thousands in server costs have something up their sleeve. Count on it.

An excellent application program to get rid of these parasites is Adaware from LavaSoft and it's free.

http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-...bj=dl&tag=top5

Hope this helps

Thanks everyone. I guess it isn't CJ related (but it's their business practices that make ya wonder sometimes!) Anyway, now it's progressed to a fullsize virus and it's infecting system32/dfrwmi.dll and it won't let me get rid of it or quarantine it. I'm in computer hell right now.. plus my main site has been down for over 10 hours. I spent (literally) all night trying to find a solution. I'll try those things which have been suggested.
    leeann

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread