Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IBSDirect Datafeed
    Are there any plans to update the IBSdirect datafeed? I was working with it the other day and found some items with the wrong price along with some out of stock items.

Sent this via IM as well.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Scott
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    The IBS Direct feed is being updsted but we need to wait till after the 18th of August.

IBS is launching a new website, new back end and new functionality. This is the message that went out yesterday to their entire customer base.

ANNOUNCING THE NEW IBSDIRECT.COM STOREFRONT

On August 18, 2006, look for a new IBSDirect.com. Though the storefront may look similar to the existing storefront, we are moving to a new host location, all new software and a new database environment.
    Powered by AspDotNetStorefront software, our new storefront will contain all the modern features you've come to expect from a first-rate Internet store. Of course, the new IBSDirect.com will be filled with all of the Scripture products from the IBS inventory of ministry priced, outreach oriented Bibles, New Testaments and more, but your shopping experience will be much easier, faster and more reliable.
    Since everything will be new, including a new host location with a dedicated, private server to run on, IBSDirect.com will start from scratch. This means for you faithful customers who have established accounts, you will need to recreate your account information in the new store.
    Thank you in advance for your patience during this transition. We are working hard to make the move a painless experience. Please pray that God will show us favor, helping us to complete this move on time and without any prolonged interruption in service to you.
    Sincerely,
    Your Friends at International Bible Society
    We are sending a similar email to our affiliates once we figure the best way to minimize the work load to swap links and the data feed set up on the new site. We are working with Dennis and Brian on several options....
    Stay tuned and we will keep you and everyone informed ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Thanks for the heads up Andy. I'll put that site on the back burner for a couple of more weeks.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    The IBS Direct feed is being updsted but we need to wait till after the 18th of August.
    Another week of waiting...
    https://shop3.gospelcom.net/epages/I...erTemplate/104
    Scott

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    It will be worth the wait! I've seen the new site and storefront and it's much, much faster loading than the existing site. I've also been told that the new storefront also has backend database tools that will make it easier for Andy and the IBS crew to update the affiliate datafeed faster and more often than before. Good things come to those who wait... and it'll only be a week or so until the changes are rolled out. The new store's speed is so much faster that I expect conversion rates to get a nice bump.

Well, the new feed is up, but none of the links work as they all go to 404 pages.
    Scott

Well, the new feed is up, but none of the links work as they all go to 404 pages.
    I just got back and am trying to get my IBS pages working again since the change over. The 404 problem seems to be solved, but the feed has me frustrated. No product descriptions, no categories, and no number like a SKU that stays the same over time. It's real hard for me to hold my organic search traffic if I can't keep the same file names over time. What am I missing in this since no one else seems to be having these problems? Right now I have 300 pages without images and the pages link to a welcome page at IBS.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpaw
    No product descriptions, no categories, and no number like a SKU that stays the same over time.
    That would help wouldn't it
    Scott

Hey, yeah,

I've been using the IBS datafeed through a blog, using a script I bought which lets me show product name, description, buy url, price, etc., pretty much however I wish to arrange it so that it'll show each product item in a timed post on a WordPress blog.

Unfortunately, it guts the blog post if there's no product description -- and that newest datafeed appears to have NO product descriptions??

I don't think it's very useful without at least some product descriptions.

Any plans to put that back in? I just bought a new domain to set up specifically for a WordPress blog that would feed IBS products into it.

Gary Speer

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    Any plans to put that back in? I just bought a new domain
    Same boat here.

I really want to get in on the IBS gravy train, but without descriptions for the products, I'm sure google/yahoo/msn would just laugh at me when indexing my pages.

C'mon ARC, let's get this feed fixed right.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    Same boat here.

I really want to get in on the IBS gravy train, but without descriptions for the products, I'm sure google/yahoo/msn would just laugh at me when indexing my pages.

C'mon ARC, let's get this feed fixed right.
    Good morning everyone....

I hear you, the new updated feed is coming. Most of you know IBS moved to a new back end, new cart, much faster load times and better control. The datafeed that is at SAS is a temporary feed.

Dennis was expecting to get a script last Friday to dump the complete back end data into a feed, but the script was delayed. We expect the feed to be done and uploaded this week to SAS with full descriptions.

Please be patient a few more days while we allow Dennis to export the data. He has been slammed with the new site. On a positive note, conversions are way up on the new site. So the gravvy train is moving, much faster...

Thanks,
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Update:

We should have a feed with descriptions by tomm.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    Update:

We should have a feed with descriptions by tomm.
    Thanks so much, Andy, and applause for you and the guys at IBS Direct for getting on top of this.

I really couldn't believe they'd do such a nice job redesigning the site and not have descriptions in the datafeed. Good to hear it'll be along soon.

Keep up the great work, to all!

Gary Speer

UPDATE:

The IBS Direct data feed has been updated and loaded to SAS. It is the full feed with descriptions and all the goodies from before. Lock and load...

Also, be looking for a newsletter today, a few cash promotions being offered and great news for the hispanic market ...

The IBS Direct data feed has been updated and loaded to SAS.
    I only see the 8/25/2006 feed.

We have a new feed up at SAS dated 9/7/06 with descriptions of a sort. It's what is on the ibsdirect site but truncated in weird spots. It has the html but broken in the middle of<div>s. Looks like a lot of work to use.

Code:
    <DIV align=center><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Single copy price reduce over 50%</SPAN></DIV>  <DIV align=center><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>Today's "seekers of spirituality" are looking for words to live by&amp;mdash;but n
    This the description from line one.

Ouch!

I just downloaded and looked at that IBS Direct datafeed, too, and it really seems to be a mess.

Agreed, bumpaw, it needs some serious work to remove the odd coding, incomplete descriptions, awkward HTML, etc.

Andy, any help on the way? I still have that domain I wanted to devote to the IBS feed, but??

Gary Speer

Action Jackson - King of the World
    it worked fine for me except for the lack of categories

it worked fine for me except for the lack of categories
    I just rechecked and the descriptions are still weirdly truncated. Did you use ftp or the download? I used the download.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I just clicked on download the feed from SaS. I used WM to generate the feed with the raw attribute in the descrption so it ignores the funky stuff.

I used WM originally for what I have running now. The descriptions in that one are about 10 times bigger than the ones in the latest feed. I am wanting to go to a php and mysql set up now which is easier for me. I can get rid of the html easily, but growing the text in the description is harder.

Well, at least we've gotten something in the description field, but come on, this MESS needs to be fixed.
    <DIV align=center><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">The Bible for Sportsmen</SPAN></DIV> <DIV align=center><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Ideal for your non-Christian hunting and fishing buddies</SPAN></DIV> <DIV><BR><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic">The H
    Scott

Just noticed some links in the descriptions to listenersbible.com also. Someone needs to fix this leak too.
    Scott

I realize everybody's busy with a lot of stuff, so it doesn't seem to be a real priority to fix this datafeed's problems.

I find the same sort of "Description" stuff you have, Scott. I ran the free DataCleaner script Chris Sanderson offfers on the IBS datafeed and it helped. For some reason, though, it still left some of the "<SPAN " stuff behind. Also, once the descriptions were cleaned up, I glanced through that field and found a lot of items with descriptions that were only partial sentences, sometimes ending in mid-word, such as "fait " instead of "faith."

Dunno whether we'll ever get a good feed with really usable "Description" field.

Gary

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast