The wife and I.
    She's turning 30 soon, she's low maintenance....and she doesn't try and run my life (no offense ladies).

'77 GL1000 Goldwing
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin-1752[url="http://www.salocal.com/goldwing/goldwing_tech.htm"][/url]

ABW Ambassador
    I'd ride your wife if you let me. And I'm safe, so I'd wear a helmet.

ABW Ambassador
    In the second photo on the second page linked to, you look like a proud papa standing next to that sweet little baby.

and she doesn't try and run my life
    Oh my, how can you stand it? How do you survive, living like that, without a Resident Vocal Advisor to help you make decisions about everything every day?

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Oh my, how can you stand it? How do you survive, living like that, without a Resident Vocal Advisor to help you make decisions about everything every day?
    In peace!
    ......and you're right, the other one's my kid.

Last edited by SALocalcom; July 12th, 2006 at 07:45 PM.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin-1752[url="http://www.salocal.com/goldwing/goldwing_tech.htm"][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    In the second photo on the second page linked to, you look like a proud papa standing next to that sweet little baby.
    Here, I'll tell you about my "little baby". It's a 1976 Honda CB750F SuperSport. I got this bike in a motorcycle junkyard in terrible condition, but the engine turned over, and I'd always wanted one, so I bought it. After spending nearly $2000 in parts and supplies to replace nearly everything but the engine, I started to learn how to tune it. I was harder than it should've been, which is hard enough.

It turned out to have 836cc bigbore pistons and a custom made cam that some old time cam wizzard made. So this "little baby" does 0 to 60 in 4 seconds, and again.....85 to 125 in under 3.

After riding it a couple years, I put a new rear tire on it, and noticed a (kind'a) swaying from side to side around 75 or 80mph. So I left it that way. I think about remounting the rear tire every so often, because I used to make a little run out to a lake south of San Antonio, and back, and run it up to 90 or 100 for a few seconds three or four times. The bike was very smooth at that speed and still has plenty of power at 100.

So I haven't remounted the rear tire, and it keeps me under 80. I don't know what's going to happen when I have to put another rear tire on, but that's not going to happen for a while now that I've got the Goldwing too.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    You make a lovely couple
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    I'd ride your wife if you let me. And I'm safe, so I'd wear a helmet.
    You make a lovely couple said by Rexanne

LOL May you and the wife have many happy years together

.and you're right, the other one's my kid.

and you won't have to worry about money for the education or a big wedding, either Very nice looking bike

My brother and his buddies all bought CB's around 79 or so. His is still sitting at my parent house in chicago rotting on their back patio! I took road trip from chicago to sturgis on a honda 650 decades ago!! Trip from hell for me(my x say's it was the best time of his life!!LOL Guess that's why we are X's)....I'm not really into bikes either and Sturgis cured me of liking Harley's, too loud. I like BMW's.

Anyway past life

I can appreciate your bikes though - proud papa!
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Quote Originally Posted by suzigeek
    My brother and his buddies all bought CB's around 79 or so. His is still sitting at my parent house in chicago rotting on their back patio! I took road trip from chicago to sturgis on a honda 650 decades ago!! Trip from hell for me(my x say's it was the best time of his life!!LOL Guess that's why we are X's)....I'm not really into bikes either and Sturgis cured me of liking Harley's, too loud. I like BMW's.

Anyway past life

I can appreciate your bikes though - proud papa!
    I'm not much of a harley fan, they're ok (I spose), but not my thing....but many of the people that ride those things are really just trying to impress eachother....and yes I agree, too loud. I really enjoy takin' my little 836cc and runnin' it up against a 12 or 1300cc harley, and just blowing their sh** away. Sure, a good harley can get me off the line, but I've past them by the end of 1st gear, and by the end of 3rd gear I'll look in the rear view mirror and they're just little bitty speck, way back there. I have to admit, it's one of my favorite things to do.

The wife and I have been married for 27 years, but my mistress is a 36 year old VW bus. And she has a younger friend (my 34 year old bug).

I don't even listen to the radio when I'm with them as I like to listen to them. They tell me all is well or that there is a problem and I'm always a sympathetic listener and pay quick attention to all their needs. Bath time is always fun (about once a week).

I'd put up a picture, but they are both camera shy.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by SALocalcom
    '77 GL1000 Goldwing
    i never knew they made goldwing in 77.
    Wow. Cos I usually see those and they are spanking new with the speakers blasting and the guy's helmet looks like it came from the 21st century.
    Eitherway, nice bike

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    The wife and I have been married for 27 years, but my mistress is a 36 year old VW bus. And she has a younger friend (my 34 year old bug).
    Looks like you have a happy family going there. Any kids.

VW, they are awesome if you treat them right

First Goldwing was '75.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread