It really is time to pause PPC ads!
    I realize that someone just reopened this topic from late June but the subject of pausing PPC ads due to CJ tracking issues went astray. So I thought it might be worthy of a new thread. No, I can not be certain that my irradic stats and sales is all a CJ tracking issue, but at this point it is mere dollars spent vs sales that have gone to H*LL in a basket. And that is why I feel it is time to pause my PPC campaigns. Today, my clicks are so far from the norm and with zero sales and because CJ still has not came clean with the true extent of what the tracking issues are, I must bow out until SOMEONE can clean up this mess. My numbers have been yo-yo'ing since late June, and are still rediculously off kilter. They say July 9th for 90 minutes.. PLEASE!! I made it it all the way through the 6th grade, you think I'm stupid??

Sooo........ I just emailed my primary merchants and explained that I can no longer pay to play without proper credit for sales.

This is so sad. So rediculous.. I'll just sit on the bench and wait for my turn to come around again. I hope it happens soon..
    The best things in life are not things at all...

I can't confirm this in any way. There's always a few mechants with tracking issues, and profitability of PPC campaigns is rarely consistent, given that there's always someone new trying to see if they can make a quick buck. But I've not noticed any changes in general.

Is the situation of the "I usually get 50 sales a day and now I'm getting 5" variety, or "I usually get 10 sales a week and this week I've only had 3" ??

I will ad this,
    Quote Originally Posted by enginez
    I can't confirm this in any way. There's always a few mechants with tracking issues, and profitability of PPC campaigns is rarely consistent, given that there's always someone new trying to see if they can make a quick buck. But I've not noticed any changes in general.

Is the situation of the "I usually get 50 sales a day and now I'm getting 5" variety, or "I usually get 10 sales a week and this week I've only had 3" ??
    I have been a 5 bar affiliate for well over a year , so I know when something stinks. I am just having trouble tracing the the odor to it's origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Airstrip
    I have been a 5 bar affiliate for well over a year , so I know when something stinks. I am just having trouble tracing the the odor to it's origin.
    5 bar affiliate is merely $2500/mo. or so, which is peanuts when dealing with the slim margins of PPC campaigns. What are the actual stats of clicks vs. sales and such during this downturn? There are so many factors (including CJ) that can affect affiliate marketing, especially when based primarily on PPC.

Regardless, I think it is a valid point to pass on to merchants that you cannot risk (and that part of PPC) doing PPC for them when CJ is having unexplained outages. If they are not telling us what happened, then how the heck do we know if they know how to prevent it from happening again.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

What he said!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Regardless, I think it is a valid point to pass on to merchants that you cannot risk (and that part of PPC) doing PPC for them when CJ is having unexplained outages. If they are not telling us what happened, then how the heck do we know if they know how to prevent it from happening again.
    Thank you 7-days. Well spoken, and I agree.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread