Be Kind and Remember The Little People
    Just a reminder that many of the employees at Commission Junction have very little control over what is happening. They are folks like you and me, with families, mortgages, etc, and are just trying to do their jobs and get a paycheck. As frustrated as we all are, don't take it all out on them when you call or write.

I bring the above to your attention after I remembered the LS Fiasco a year ago when Mr. Messer was doing everything he could to look good so he could sell his company. I received emails and calls from LS employees asking that I help folks realize they were really there to help us and most of what was happening was out of their control. I've not received any such communication from CJ employees, but thought the timing of this post was appropriate given the increasing problems we are seeing at CJ and the rising exodus of merchants and affiliates.

With that said, please realize that anything critical I point out is not directed to the hard workers at CJ, but towards the administration.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

People understand that these things are out of the control of the employees. However CS agents are a way for people to vent let their feelings be known.

They also need to stop being condescending when people try to communicate with them

Sure CS agents have a bad day but just because Customer A was a ***** doesn't mean they have to be a ***** to Customer B.

I've heard some reports of that but all of my recent interactions with CJ employees has been very friendly.

(Well, maybe that is happening because someone upstairs warned them about me long ago...)
    7 Days A Week Marketing

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    Rats! I thought this was a post about Gnomes.
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

Had it been St. Pattys day it would have gotten lots of lookers I bet.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Dwarves work at CJ???
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    Dwarves work at CJ???
    Orcs, maybe...

But only in the programming and planning departments

They're Umpa Lumpas

I thought they might be the ones who are suppose to respond to affiliate complaints and questions and that, perhaps, they just can't see over the keyboards.

That could account for a lot.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Orcs haha! I just killed some half orcs awhile ago.

Ok this post got derailed quick, but let me interject ---

FUDGE NO, WHAT IS THIS A FREAKING LOVE IN?!?!?!?!?!

This is your business, and if CJ isn't treating you as a business partner, you don't need to coddle them, that's what they want, have made you, and want you to do.

Look at the MASS freakin exodus* of merchants - they won't take the shoot, so why should, you the affiliate?

In this matter, and at these times, I say be true to your business and bank account, no one else.

*exodus remark disclaimer - many merchants are leaving yes, but no all are leaving, some are also opening secondary programs as well.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I believe that many of the longer term employees I had talked to are now gone, and now they've been replace with newer staff, people I've never talked to before. Either way, I will maintain a professional tone. I believe that being a professional, includes attitude. I've always found you can get more done when people want to cooperate with you.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin-1752[url="http://www.salocal.com/goldwing/goldwing_tech.htm"][/url]

I never said not to be professional.

I said stand up and don't be subservient, sorry if I didn't convey that eloquently enough for you or anyone to understand correctly --- They other day someone posted that they asked about Brian Caldwell's remarks at summit posted here on ABW and the affiliate got hung up on.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Frustration!
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Ditto Haiko... but this lovefest between Ron and CJ is nothing new.

TG, this has nothing to do with Ron, per se, other than that he gave sage advice in these times of tribulations.

I'm only reminding all to please, please never loose sight - this is your business, don't get hoodwinked, bamboozled, pushed aside or told anything but pertinent information about your account, earnings, real reasons for reversals and how the new changes, exodus etc do, can and will affect their business.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

I don't think Ron loves CJ. I do think that Ron loves thinking about the old days when CJ was on top of the world. I have seen plenty of threads where Ron was looking for an answer to CJ's tracking/reporting issues and not really saying very nice things about CJ in general. Also, Ron is our bartender so we have to give him special circumstancial rights to be able to hunt and peck at the system in general and pick out a few of the people that have been helping us all along. If i WERE a betting man then I would bet that Ron has already realised that CJ and Valueclick are headed out the door. No need to burn any bridges though. Just smart business to try and keep as many bridges standing as you can...
    :warning: If we don't get some cool rules ourselves.... pronto... then we'll just be bogus too..

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Collier
    I would bet that Ron has already realised that ...
    Slight correction, if I may ...

CJ is headed out the Valueclick door.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Quote Originally Posted by SALocalcom
    I believe that many of the longer term employees I had talked to are now gone, and now they've been replace with newer staff, people I've never talked to before. Either way, I will maintain a professional tone. I believe that being a professional, includes attitude. I've always found you can get more done when people want to cooperate with you.
    Exactly! And regarding the other post, there is no lovefest, this is a business and good relationships are important.

And Kevin is correct, I ran CJ hard for a long time until I found them to more responsive. Many suggestions for change I suggested were implemented and I (at least me personally) felt like CJ had at least half an ear listening to affiliates. And not just Todd. I have my direct CJ support person and she has worked hard to help me with various merchants.

CJ seemed to be following a roadmap to a profitable end. Now, they've obviously lost their map and there must one of those stereotypical men at the wheel afraid to ask directions because they are hopelessly lost.

Say what you want, all, I just wanted to say be careful when you talk about some witch on the CJ phone or wherever. That person is not representative the many other folks who do try to work with us every day. It's the administration we should be complaining about, not the workers just doing their job.

And regarding heading out the door, it's more than CJ and VC doing that, it's merchants and affiliates as well. I've been using the word exodus because that is exactly what it feels like.
    Last edited by Ron Bechdolt; July 14th, 2006 at 09:40 AM.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread