Yesterday I received an email from Performics, I should receive my first check between 8 and 10 days...great news, and that the PDF summary is attched...guess what, No attachment!

Of course I emailed Performics, really don't know why I bother, but today I've emailed again !
    I'm still waiting for my emails of December to be answered...(I gave them a little leeway because of Christmas)anyone know any other addy's there besides info@performics?

ABW Ambassador
    MJ, are you on a Mac by chance? Outlook for the Mac doesn't handle PDF attachments. I had some correspondence with Performics about this a while ago and they said I needed to update my system!

So much for serving the client's needs ....

Elisabeth Archambault

No, wish I was on a Mac, then I'd have an excuse for Performics!

So much for affiliate service, wonder if they are as lax communicating with their clients.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Imagine getting an e-mail from OnResponse saying they are closing down their network and ALL affiliates have to start over again at ValueClick. Is BeFree next for a similar letter. Basically the heads are going to roll on these networks as they try to see how many they can layoff before their services crumble. No e-mail response means someone doesn't care to hear your rant or act upon your requests.

Yes, it's a pain but as a voyeur, quite interesting to watch the soft shoe shuffle going on.
    We could almost take bets on who's going down ...bit like Pud [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

It's easy to forget this is still the wild west online, but think back a few years and remember some of the bombed dot coms and say to yourself, over the years we've been robbed and cheated but we're still here,

We haven't had a open check book to develop our sites but we've managed not only to survive but prosper!

So, bring it on boys, do the network shuffle and the scumware tango, so what if we have to squeeze 28 hours out of 24 - too easy!

We're here for the long haul for the time when sanity prevails online.
    edited to add the soapbox

[ 03-20-2002: Message edited by: mousejockey ]

ABW Ambassador
    okay, I have found one tactic that has worked (at least once) with getting a network to respond to email...

First, select a merchant where you sell a goodly amount of their products. Second, write a very polite and kind letter to the merchant letting them know how much you like promoting their merchandise, but you've sent XX emails (provide dates) to the company managing their affiliate program with no response. Tell them you don't hold them (the merchant) at fault, but because of the network's lack of response you can no longer continue marketing their products and you thought they should know that the network's actions are causing them to lose you as an affiliate.

Like you, I had waited for MONTHS for responses to emails from a network (not performics). Finally, I got PO'd and wrote a letter as described to my best merchant. I didn't hear back from the merchant, but I got a really apologetic email from the network (the merchant had forwarded the message to their person in the network) within 30 minutes of sending it.

Thanks Cedric, I've thought of doing that, but I'm a little hesitant because there is no direct affiliate/merchant contact at Performics, but I'm rapidly approaching
    the position where I will contact merchants directly.

qtedford@performics.com

Try this email

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Thanks Vicki, but are you sure it won't put you in a position?

Thanks Vicki, but are you sure it won't put you in a position?

They're down for maintenance now...ah! the perfect end to an imperfect day [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

It's ok to use it! I wrote and asked a question a while back and this is who answered it, so it will be fine!

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    MouseJockey ..I love the soapbox ani ...mimics me since I do sound off a bunch. What's the stand by Performics as to parasitewarez and the new one Morpheous?

Hey MJ,

Have you tried forwarding the Performics payment notification email to your Outlook or Outlook Express account?

I usually cannot open any attachments sent to my web-based email account, so I have to manually forward the Performics email to my OE in order to open/download the PDF file. And it always works this way. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hope it helps.

Onto another matter now, has anyone noticed the slight change of the link codes used by Performics lately? We used to have only about 6 numerics at the end of the code, like this - http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=xxxxxx

But now I'm seeing 17 numerics for a primary text link!! Has anyone seen any noticeable drop in their sales or clickthrus? My own stats are too depressing to tell. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Cheers,
    TianTian

Wahoo [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I heard from Performics!
    I feel like Virginia, "Yes there is a real person at Performics, they are not run by bots" Oh! Happy Dance

Vicki, I was going to email them today, but when I checked my mail, the coveted email from Performics arrived!

It's from the same contact you had....wonder if he'd like to visit us here and answer some of our questions...sure would go a long way in establishing affiliate relations!

Tian, yes I've noticed the change in the primary links too...don't know why,as for sales, a little slow but steady, I can't really tell, because I've been working on the pages with Performics merchants, it's a bit of a dogs dinner, (heatwave here, can't do as much as I'd like) but if we could get them here.....

Mike,the soapbox is cool [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] it's one of my favorite places too!
    Can't say what their stance is regards to Moprheus, but I will contact them..lol! Probably going to be sorry they answered me!

Today is going to be a good day...it's even starting raining here!

ABW Ambassador
    I haven't seen any drop in sales, but I've been promoting a couple of Performics merchants pretty hard -- I have a significant INCREASE in sales.

If CJ doesn't watch out, Performics will be my top network. Could happen this month.

Tian Tian,

I just tried to add a Perfomics merchant yesterday and the links would do absolutely nothing. Just checked and the URL had only 6 numerics. Maybe some kind of upgrade going on? BTW, Performics merchants showing very good sales for me. Plus size clothing has been really hot.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread