ratio
    This year
    246,823 ad impressions and only 13,358 click thrus out of 294434 total page views in webstats.

I'm not happy with this ratio and wondered what others are getting. Part of my problem is that at least half my traffic is from other countries other than US, and many with different languages. I decided not to try and doing stores based on several countries, different languages, etc.

95% percent of my sales is thru ebay, so I'm stuck here for now....unless I quit, or they go elsewhere. I know there are other issues at the moment, but wondered what others thought about the numbers. Is this a pretty poor click thru ratio?
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin-1752[url="http://www.salocal.com/goldwing/goldwing_tech.htm"][/url]

My CTR this year so far at CJ is about 2.98%.

A certain percentage of my traffic comes from English speaking countries other than the US, so I am currently in the process of creating some ad content directed at them. I'd say if you know what countries are visiting you the most after the US, then it wouldn't hurt to direct some of your efforts towards them. If it doesn't pay out, then you can always remove it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained--so they say.

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    I have a few pages directed at other languages specifically they have NO click thrus so far (in 3 months) but they are a small percentage of my site and have gotten me a few hits that went to other pages and then clicked thru to a merchant so I guess as Google Food they are worth it.
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

Here's the list from last month. See my problem?

US Commercial
    Canada
    Australia
    US Educational
    US Military
    United States
    Netherlands
    Sweden
    Germany
    Non-Profit Organization
    United Kingdom
    Denmark
    Japan
    Finland
    Mexico
    Norway
    Singapore
    Belgium
    Hungary
    US Government
    Italy
    Thailand
    Czech Republic
    New Zealand (Aotearoa)
    Switzerland
    France
    Brazil
    Philippines
    Greece
    Indonesia
    Poland
    Portugal
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin-1752[url="http://www.salocal.com/goldwing/goldwing_tech.htm"][/url]

a good portion of that problem is that your merchants probably don't ship to most of those countries.

I have two indies I work with and when I look at who is hitting on their links I see a very large percentage of visitors living where they won't ship.

I get visitors from all over the world too, but you have to look at percentages not number of countries. What percentage of your visitors are from the Netherlands for example? In my case about 1-2% of my visitors are from there, so I don't market to them. But about 5-6% of my visitors are from the UK and I do market to them with UK merchants. I don't make a huge amount of sales to them, but the amount of sales I do make is worth the effort on my part.

Yes, I understand your point fully, but the percentage from one country to the next changes every month. There's very little consistancy.

ABW Ambassador
    13,358 click thrus out of 294434 total page
    For the last several months, I've averaged 8000 click throughs for 600,000 page views. It looks like the LMI will drop CJ's click through ratio well below one click for every 100 page views.

As bandwidth prices drop, I notice people do more page views before clicking out of my site. There are is a lot more robot traffic.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread