Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    http and a telephoto
    The Donuts Airboat Trip...
    MANY thanks to Donuts for the airboat trip into gatorland.... here are a few of the pics... more are here

Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

http and a telephoto

Smiling faces with the driver of the boat that did some 360 donuts for donut... Michael Coley has *that* video!!!!!
    Deborah Carney

ABW Ambassador
    Names... names.... looks like fun.

loxly, I bet I can guess your favorite color?

chet

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    loxly, I bet I can guess your favorite color?

Top Photo:
    OnlineShoes Mgr (Angel), Donuts, Loxly, Michael Nunez, Uncle Scooter, Michael Coley.
    Deborah Carney

Wow, looks like you guys had a blast!
    KK

15 years and counting
    Great pictures. Cool team.

Lox: You were the best looking one there... Again!

Oh, btw, I got all of your IMs this morning. For some reason, all the ones you sent when I wasn't online were being stored on my other Windows alias ( I have a business desktop and a gaming desktop on this box). No idea why that would happen....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Was very cool time! Beforehand, I asked Wayne (our driver) if he'd do some "at speed" 360's for a big tip - he obliged and earned a fatty. We were going about 20 mph over grassy marshes and he'd jam the rudder over hard and we'd go spinning 360 turns while still moving forward at fairly high speed. My guests, the ABW'ers listed here, don't know that these travelling 360's are pretty darn dangerous...

:-)

If you do tip over and can't get the boat righted where we were at... it ain't the tipping over that scares me, it's trudging back through the gator infested waters towards dry land.

Our guide got us right on top of this smallish 5 foot gator and he rode him for several minutes so everyone got a real up close look - maybe as close as 3 feet from the boat. Everyone could see how fast and agile a gator in the wild really is... trust me, you don't want to be out of the boat on their turf.

Osprey, American Bald Eagle and tons of herons (great blues, whites, greys) and some beautiful cranes as well including several families of sandhill cranes.

Was a blast! I was glad my friends enjoyed it! We had a really great time!

Sounds like a ton of fun....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Thanks for the pics! Can put faces to names now
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

Affiliate Manager
    Looks like you all had a good time. The video Micahel showed me at the ABW lunch with the gator about 2 feet away from you guys was unreal.

You know us Florida boys, suckers for anything outdoors!

That was an absolutely incredible ride! Thanks Donuts!

P.S. The kids love the Iguana stuffed animal, but Kara didn't care for the rattlesnake eggs.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    The kids love the Iguana stuffed animal, but Kara didn't care for the rattlesnake eggs.
    Hahahahahhaaaa!

[in case you weren't there... rattlesnake eggs come in an envelope (a washer wound up on a rubber band doohicky) and when you open the envelope to look inside, it unwinds real quick and sounds like a rattlesnake's rattler gone wild!]

Hope the gator head made it through the airport bag checks! Think it might make an inspector's trophy collection of stuff retained... (what I would do if I had that job).

You guys are way too much fun!!

I'm so glad I met you!!

Hugs,
    SBA
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; July 14th, 2006 at 11:15 AM. Reason: You'll get a sig soon enough, no need to upload a pic of a business card

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Was very cool time! Beforehand, I asked Wayne (our driver) if he'd do some "at speed" 360's for a big tip - he obliged and earned a fatty. We were going about 20 mph over grassy marshes and he'd jam the rudder over hard and we'd go spinning 360 turns while still moving forward at fairly high speed. My guests, the ABW'ers listed here, don't know that these travelling 360's are pretty darn dangerous...
    MColey has video of one of the 360's. What a great ride .

Looks/Sounds like it was a blast. Lucky people
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    It was SOOO beautiful. And being on the boat felt like ice skating at times it was that smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    we'd go spinning 360 turns while still moving forward at fairly high speed. My guests, the ABW'ers listed here, don't know that these travelling 360's are pretty darn dangerous...
    Those were a blast and the driver was skilled enough that I never felt in danger just had a fun thrilling rush! And every time he spun us, Donuts would throw his arms up in the air like he was on a rollercoaster and in a way we were...in the middle of gator/snake/tree stump infested waters
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Internet Cowboy
    Thumbs up
    I've gotta chime in here and say two things. First, that the airboat tour was awesome. I grew up in Louisiana, but I still never tire of seeing nature, especially when you are so close that you can reach out and touch it, although I highly recommend that you don't reach out and touch an alligator

The second thing I have to say is that it's been two years or so that Donuts and I have become good friends and this guy is awesome. He is talented in his craft, he is generous with his time here on the boards, and he is generous with his money and resources. The airboat ride is one of many times that I have seen Donuts reach out and make a difference. He is a true cool guy in every sense of the term. But don't do anything stupid like copy his site or anything like that. I have seen him when his stinger is out and I would not like to be on the receiving end of that!

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    this guy is awesome. He is talented in his craft, he is generous with his time here on the boards, and he is generous with his money and resources. The airboat ride is one of many times that I have seen Donuts reach out and make a difference. He is a true cool guy in every sense of the term. But don't do anything stupid like copy his site or anything like that. I have seen him when his stinger is out and I would not like to be on the receiving end of that!

I concur!

Wow, you guys are poets!!

UncScoot, was cool of you to ride everyone out there to meet me in the swamp. For a bus driver, dude, you can sing!

Feelings mutual and we've got some really great times ahead of us.

I met UncScoot through ABW, as well as everyone else that took the tour. Testament to the true treasures that are here, in this place.

Those relationships and others like it have been more important to my success, and the enjoyment of it, than anything else in the world.

If we go out to Vegas, I'm smelling a helicopter trip to the Grand Canyon. If we can talk Loxly into it, maybe a bungee jump excursion! Imagine us yelling "cafepress can fly" as she plummets towards oblivion! If Loxly chickens out, I'll trick Missy Ward into taking a leap of faith!

PS - so jealous of Brian's piano talent and your singing Scoot - you TOTALLY rocked the house - the video is really great, but I was there - the sound quality of Loxly's camera doesn't come close to capturing your vocal power and it's sway over people. Got me on the dance floor (ok, Tang shoved me out there too and I was also strangely drawn to Nunez's gyrating hips... hehehee). Anyhow, your singing talent makes me want to learn to play something. Bringing my cow bell to Vegas I guess.

ABW Ambassador
    Those are fun, looks like you guys had a great time. Had an uncle that lived out in Kissimmee and went once. Awhile ago.

Looks like this was a blast. I'm really sorry I missed this one.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

http and a telephoto
    If we go out to Vegas, I'm smelling a helicopter trip to the Grand Canyon. If we can talk Loxly into it, maybe a bungee jump excursion! Imagine us yelling "cafepress can fly" as she plummets towards oblivion!
    Somehow I think you can talk me into trying just about anything! I have always wanted to do the chopper over the Grand Canyon and just haven't gotten around to that yet...

The most important people in my life at the moment are people I have met here at ABW. (Along with a couple of very special CafePress shopkeepers, that I of course sent right over here). You folks are family, whether I am Momma Loxly, Team Loxly, or just plain Deb.

We need a real video camera for the Vegas jamfest, or any other jamfests that might come along... and may there be many in our future in many different places... (San Francisco in October anyone?)

Thank you again Haiko for providing the venue that makes it possible for folks like us to meet and get to know each other, and makes us want to get to know each other in person too. Each time I meet ABW'ers in person (like in LA meeting Roger, Rexanne and crew) I make a special new friend.

Donuts, you gave us the ride of a lifetime. UncleScooter, you gave us all the thrill of your voice. Angel, you knew when the loxster needed hugs. Michael C you gave us a lunch to remember.

We work in isolation so much of the time, mostly by choice, but we still need to know there are others "like us" that are out there too. And we have so much in common that when we do get together and meet, we form instant bonds. I like/need to be alone, and I love being with people. But not just any people... only people that "get it".

And since I am prone to getting overly sappy, I will stop now, or this will turn into a book...

And for Carolyn: "It's after 5" and "not it!!!!"
    Deborah Carney

http and a telephoto
    If you do tip over and can't get the boat righted where we were at... it ain't the tipping over that scares me, it's trudging back through the gator infested waters towards dry land.
    *NOW* he tells us..... lol.

Lox: You were the best looking one there... Again!
    Again? lol. I was surrounded by some pretty impressive men, that's what made me look good
    Deborah Carney

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast