Advantage over DataFeedFile?
    So I'm trying to decide on GoldenCan versus DataFeedFile and I'm not sure what advantage there is over the competitor. DataFeedFile has a price comparison engine, banners and skyscrapers. Does GoldenCan? If not, why should I use you over them?

One big one: Integrity.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I have met them both in person and I concur. Go with Asif's GoldenCAN.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    By the way, GoldenCAN gave a presentation about banners and how they are being added to GoldenCAN - I heard it myself at Andy's most recent seminar. Banner Integration is what Asif called it then and it's been in Beta with some affiliates testing it and Asif's been adding features to it to make it as powerful as possible. I think, but I don't speak for Asif, that the full released version is available in the next week or two.

I took a good look through the other guys stuff during the Aff Summit conference this week - there's nothing they have that Asif doesn't also have - and if you look closely, you'll be able to tell why. Think xerox machine... close copy, but not quite as good as the original.

It is the people behind these two products that makes the difference, an opinion shared by most people I have spoken with about it.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    QponCentral,

Since you are undecided use GoldenCAN. Our furniture products are listed there too. And, many recent sales coming along nicely with GoldenCAN.

see our stores here:
    http://www.goldencan.com/merchants/display_74.aspx
    http://www.goldencan.com/merchants/display_94.aspx

I've met Asif, I know asif and talk to him often, a good friend.

I don't know when Goldencan can have the xml for store and multiple store & coupon integration available. IT seems that they will release it soon?

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet
    I don't know when Goldencan can have the xml for store and multiple store & coupon integration available. IT seems that they will release it soon?
    GetData feature will be released for these Integrations today.

Store Integration Multiple Merchants
    Coupon Integration Multiple Merchant
    Search Integration

GetXML for store integration will be released with some more exciting features sometime next week.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I vouch for GoldenCan. The support is top notch and Asif is always there to answer any questions you may have. I haven't even seen a rep here from the other place.

Yeah looking deeper, I do like the support offered here. As well, the other competitor's merchant list is suspect since well over half of them are "pending" which means we make no commission. And they're non-4th click list is a whopping 4 merchants I've never seen.

Ok, I'm sold, I'll go with GoldenCan.

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    Here is another big difference no one mentioned. GoldenCAN has never spammed me. The people at Datafeed File have.
    Plus GoldenCAN has been very responsive not only to my needs as a merchant but to my affiliates needs as well.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

GoldenCan vs Datafeedfile.com
    I'm glad to find this thread, but it seems pretty one-sided (reasonable, since it is posted in the GoldenCan forum). I am helping a merchant launch their new affiliate program (at ShareASale), and trying to help them decide whether to work with GoldenCan and/or DataFeedFile.com

I'd love to see some kind of chart of features and capabilities of the two systems, and perhaps any available data on how many affiliates use each system.

An initial concern for me: I can't find a phone number or business address on GoldenCan's web site, and the domain has a "private registration" with Network Solutions as the only listed contact. In contrast, I was able to call and speak with someone at DFF right away.

But I also view the allegation of spamming by DFF as a very serious issue, and I see some very strong endorsements of GoldenCan by some folks I've come to respect here at ABW.

My core questions are:

(a) Should we pay either firm, or both, for paid/sponsored access by our affiliates? Why or why not?

(b) If we choose not to participate on a paid/sponsor basis with one firm (or both), is there any reason NOT to participate in either program on a "fourth click" basis?

(c) Are there any "key affiliates" whose participation I will want, who won't participate in our affiliate program unless we are working with [company X]?

Mark, I sent you a PM with my personal views and suggestions.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Mr. GoldenCan
    Hi Mark,
    I just sent you a PM with my contact information.

Asif,

I am also looking at goldencan and your offerings. I sent a message through your system yesterday, but could I get that contact info as well? This is a pretty old thread, but I'm hopeful. Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    I have found good use for both dff & goldencan as they both offer different things for my sites. I'm a little disapointed as I had a very important issue I corrosponded with asif recently but then his response just stopped as I was very close to getting it worked out, i sent 2 more emails but no reply which was very disapointing. i can say that the person from dff andrew was a lot more helpful in that regard and worked closely with me on a couple of issues until they were completed and he never bailed out half way through.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    I have found good use for both dff & goldencan as they both offer different things for my sites. I'm a little disapointed as I had a very important issue I corrosponded with asif recently but then his response just stopped as I was very close to getting it worked out, i sent 2 more emails but no reply which was very disapointing. i can say that the person from dff andrew was a lot more helpful in that regard and worked closely with me on a couple of issues until they were completed and he never bailed out half way through.
    Hi, I take time to reply each and every email personally and do my best helping everyone as much as i can. If you have felt that your certain email was ignored probably either i never got the emai, it got in the spam filter ( which folder i check also) or i simply planed to reply but got stuck in something else. Last week was extremely busy as we were in the process of migration and upgrade. Please send me the email again and i will reply ASAP.

I am at the Airport right now flying to Vegas for ShareASale ThinkTank.

ABW Ambassador
    either i never got the emai, it got in the spam filter ( which folder i check also) or i simply planed to reply but got stuck in something else.
    Hi Asif, ok I understand and that's what I thought as I was surprised when I never got a response to even say you were too busy now. so I hope you can add my email to the address book & I doubt I will need to contact you much after this issue is resolved as I'm sure you are very busy. I have resent the email #ID 14600 & maybe when you get back & have some time you can take another look at it then.

thanks, much appreciated
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by QponCentral
    DataFeedFile has a price comparison engine
    This is something that I hope Asif gets to very soon. I prefer to work with GoldenCAN, but the DataFeedFile price comparison option is nifty.

Having never heard of this type of service I stumbled upon DFF a few months back, I created an acct with DDF, "checked under the hood" and then did a little research (lurking) and found countless forum references such as "like GoldenCAN", "Cloned GC" etc, etc. Not to mention concerns of spam from DFF... at that point I took a step back from my research/evaluation.

Fast forward to this past weekend... where I had the pleasure of meeting Asif and he gave me great insight to his creation, "GoldenCAN". I got an excellent understanding of GoldenCAN and the integrity of Asif and his operation. I would not hesitate to use GoldenCAN for any of my sites!!!

Thanks Asif for your time

Joe

Looking for integration of one of those solutions for one of my sites, or maybe opening more sites. My previous experience with one of free Amazon scripts shows that this PHP script is looking as thousands of html pages for spider or Google site map generator. It means that you have big amount of content. In general this is duplicated content, but with some template customisation and niche focusing and other SEO practice it provides traffic, especially for multiple word searches (Amazon is getting more, but sometime my pages arrive ahead of Amazon) and generate sales.
    The question is - is it possible to get this kind of SEF pages while using one of those solutions and if so, which one would be easier to customise.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread