Shoes?
    Are some of the shoe vendor feeds partially removed or being changed over right now?

I set up a multi-merchant keyword search that includes onlineshoes, 6pm shoes, shoebuy, sierra trading post, and boscov.

Adidas: zero results displayed
    Reebok: one item, same item displayed twice
    New Balance: zero results displayed
    Birkenstock: one item, same item displayed twice

This is just a few examples, but these are the bread and butter brands that most of these stores carry a wide variety of. The weird thing is that some obscure brands like Haflinger are displaying several pages of results as they should. The important are either missing or just not displaying for some reason.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Just tried a few other multi-merchant searches that I had set up before. For Online Shoes and ShoeBuy in particular, these and many other major brands are not appearing in the search results. They DO appear on "store" displays though.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by NoWires
    Just tried a few other multi-merchant searches that I had set up before. For Online Shoes and ShoeBuy in particular, these and many other major brands are not appearing in the search results. They DO appear on "store" displays though.
    Can you please give me a specific term to look for it will help me solve the issue quicker.

Adidas
    Reebok
    New Balance
    Birkenstock

Mr. GoldenCan
    Adidas
    Reebok
    New Balance
    Birkenstock
    If i understand correctly, you have created a search integration for these 4 merchants. Can you please tell me what exact search keyword is that you are trying andf not getting the proper results back?

When I try the keyword ADIDAS there are zero results displayed.

When I try the keyword REEBOK there is one item displayed twice.

When I try the keyword NEW BALANCE there are zero results displayed.

When I try the keyword BIRKENSTOCK there is one item displayed twice.

*bump*

Mr. GoldenCan
    When I try the keyword ADIDAS there are zero results displayed.

When I try the keyword REEBOK there is one item displayed twice.

When I try the keyword NEW BALANCE there are zero results displayed.

When I try the keyword BIRKENSTOCK there is one item displayed twice.
    I have tested the onlineshoes.com and shoebuy.com stores for the keywords you have mentioned and the results are comming fine. I think it has to do something specific with the list of merchants you have in your search integration. If you can please email me the url of the page where you have this search integration or the url of modify page for this search integration, it will help me to find and fix teh problem quickly.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    you can visit this page:
    http://www.goldencan.com/help/FindMerchants.aspx

type in something like "reebok shoes" and it lists all the products in GC that come up... browse through the results and you'll see which merchants are in the system carrying what you want to sell.

I tried another test search integration using just onlineshoes.com and shoebuy.com with same results.

I'll PM the test url's and original code generated from goldencan.

type in something like "reebok shoes" and it lists all the products in GC that come up... browse through the results and you'll see which merchants are in the system carrying what you want to sell
    Ummm, I'm pretty sure that ONLINESHOES.COM and SHOEBUY.COM carry Adidas, Birkenstock, Reebok, and 50+ other brands that are not getting displayed.

Whatever is wrong seems only to affect most but not all brands. "Diba", for instance, displays a selection of styles from both merchants.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Thank you for message. After i saw your stores it was easy to find the problem and fix it. the restutls should be better now.

hmmmm.

The test stores I showed you are indeed displaying the proper selections now, but stores I previously set up on a live site are still not working.

Is there something I can do to fix it, and to avoid the same problem when putting more new stores together?

Also just added merchants 6PM, Teva, Simple, UGG, and Boscovs to the test store that I showed you, and now that one does not work any more.

Took them out and added them back one at a time to see if a particular one is snagging things up. Some is working better now, but some is not. No results when searching for "UGG" or "TEVA", but some results showing for "SIMPLE".

Now in search integrations for eBags, nothing is displaying for any of the brands that they carry. All items are showing OK in store integrations, but not in search integrations. These ones were already working OK before.

Another search integration of Boscovs, HSN, Ross-Simons, Overstock, SmartBargains, Closeout, Fantasy Jewelry, and Emitations is also not displaying results for any search terms at all. This one was also working OK before.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread