Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Arrow Boycott All Of Google Products
    In Light of the Recent Change of Adwords we suggest a Boycott of all Google Products and Services.

Fight Back REMOVE all of your Google Tools, Desktop Search, Toolbar and more. It may be small but it will stop their data mining.

Send the message..

Use Yahoo

$10 for a single word and $10 for my Domain that it BRAND NEW I don't think so.

Together we can bring down the Giant.....
    Last edited by apex-auctions; July 15th, 2006 at 08:02 AM.

I would rather boycott Yahoo based on them funding spyware.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    I would rather boycott Yahoo based on them funding spyware.
    Can you afford $10 per word ?

Google's Adwords algorithm is quite complex - it is bound to get a few bid minimums wrong.

Don't give up, get even! If your $10 keyword is [word word], try:

[word word 3rd word]
    [word word 3rdword]
    [word word 3rdword]
    [word word 3rdword]

etc.... in my experience they might only cost you 10c each

The $10 keyword is probably $10 because your CTR is low, ie more likely to be 0.25% than 3%.

Quote Originally Posted by enginez
    The $10 keyword is probably $10 because your CTR is low, ie more likely to be 0.25% than 3%.
    No it's because of GREED on Googles part.
    How can the CTR be LOW on a new account and a new domain ?

Previously the words were $0.07 - $0.20 then boom across the board on various accounts with different functions $1 to $10 even my competition was effected... Poor devils.

ABW Ambassador
    "The $10 keyword is probably $10 because your CTR is low, ie more likely to be 0.25% than 3%."

That ain't it. I started a new one a couple of days ago which I posted about and the CTR was about 9%, keywords targetted and landing page great. $10 now for those keywords.

Quote Originally Posted by apex-auctions
    No it's because of GREED on Googles part.
    How can the CTR be LOW on a new account and a new domain ?
    I don't think it's greed as much as quality assurance. Google's trying to improve their results all around. Google has made it clear for some time now that they won't send free traffic to low value-added sites. Now this is just them applying similar rules to their AdWords advertisers. I imagine that if your site doesn't rank naturally in the free results Google probably doesn't want you paying to advertise either. Hopefully this will motivate webmasters to step up their efforts and create more useful sites.

Think about your site for a minute and try to decide if you help your visitors make a purchase decision. Do you offer product reviews, merchant reviews, price comparison, buying guides, feature comparisons or community features? I believe this is what Google is looking for and if you aren't doing at least something beyond what your merchants are doing it just won't cut it.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    That might be some of it Snib but some things to remember:

Most of the spam sites I see have Adsense on them, Google knows this.

A lot of my ads don't show for the search network but all show for content network. If they're bad then why do they let them show on the content network.

Did you see the other thread where I pointed out adding/subtracting ' and s can make keywords go from 10 cents to $10 and vice versa. That doesn't make sense.

If you read over at WMW and here, you'll see lots of people having quality landing pages being affected too. Like I said, people aren't doing PPC to lose money. So the landing pages have to work.

And product review/shopping comparison sites are not the only quality sites out there.

"I imagine that if your site doesn't rank naturally in the free results Google probably doesn't want you paying to advertise either."

Have to read the threads. People have posted some campaigns not being affected are direct to merchant. So you don't even need a site.

So it's not as easy as you just posted. I understand your premise of having a quality site but quality sites and landing pages are also getting affected. And the crappiest sites sill have Google all over them (Adsense)

bizzare idea:

could this be part of some longterm plan to integrate the sponsored links into the 'natural links'. just have one set of listings, but people pay for the 'money keywords'?

That has to be the holy grail for any search engine. It would never work now, but if done gradually enough...

bizzare idea off:

My sites rank in the top 1 - 30 in a natural search of the keywords I purchase. I get over 1/2 million hits per month on the sites I currently promote, and yes these were of benefit to the customer.

I personally will most likely benefit from this google change since I mainly only blitz advertise when my competition comes up with something similar.

<<< ---------------------------------------------------------------->>>

But put this strange twist on it. Could this be Google's retaliation to CJ for trying to step into the advertisment game with the LMI ?????? The few sites google didn't target of mine did not have CJ links on them hmmmm.....

Just a thought.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    I imagine that if your site doesn't rank naturally in the free results Google probably doesn't want you paying to advertise either.
    Then they are crazy, and outright dumb, too, for missing basic market dynamics!

The only point of advertising on PPC is to get exposure to what doesn't rank highly for free.

No need to pay for what's already showing in the free listings.

My sites rank in the top 1 - 30 in a natural search of the keywords I purchase. I get over 1/2 million hits per month on the sites I currently promote
    Boycott, eh? Why not put your money where your mouth is and submit a request for them to remove your site from their index?
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by NoWires
    Boycott, eh? Why not put your money where your mouth is and submit a request for them to remove your site from their index?
    I don't recall saying : " Let's act in the same stupid fashion as Google and cut our own throats "

Hit them in the pocket book and remove their money making toys.
    I removed all of their toys, and canceled all of my campaigns with them.

Top natural search placement is an art, to archive it you just have to do your home work and wait a few days vs the pay now top rate now. I for one would be happy to see all PPC go away. But in today's world that would not be possible.

If google wants to play these games charge the same for every click or display the rates and not make them up based on some flawed formula. For over a year I had several different sites paying very different prices for clicks on the same words same content same traffic flow.

Someday Google will not be top dog and I think this could be the start. They all trip and fall at some point and this could be it.

If I get free clicks from them that is More money in my pocket and less in theirs. Then I win day after day after day..

The sad thing is people like us built Google a dime to one dollar at a time. Now we get cast off like the people in google.cn...

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Then they are crazy, and outright dumb, too, for missing basic market dynamics!

The only point of advertising on PPC is to get exposure to what doesn't rank highly for free.

No need to pay for what's already showing in the free listings.
    I used to think of PPC as a backup too, but it appears Google just doesn't want certain sites even if they pay. I disagree that you don't need to pay if you're already getting free traffic. Look at the big price comparison sites, they get great free listings plus they pay PPC. 2 links on the first page is better than just 1.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by apex-auctions
    Fight Back REMOVE all of your Google Tools, Desktop Search, Toolbar and more. It may be small but it will stop their data mining.
    Google decided to pay high to remove MFA and Arbitrage Sites from AdWords System.

They decided to suffer the consequences of millions of AdWords users mad and unhappy with the system like you are - this is the price that they decided to pay for cleaning up the Google.com ads from non content landing page ads (I'm not telling that this is the case of the site you promote)

If you convince all the users around the world to remove Google Tools this will be nothing compared to the price that Google is paying having his AdWords support mail box full of thousands of complains about this case.

Talking
    They may have removed some from the adwords side, but I have'nt heard about any leaving the adsense side yet.
    If they are doing this with an algo, it's just something else which will be gamed IMO.

I could care less if all the MFA's were gone personally, I just do the affiliate thing.

I am certainly not in disagreement with google. None of my sites have MFA landing pages on them. I have seen nothing effected in either Google Adwords and my adsense stuff is doing just fine. Actually a bit up in the past week.

I hate when I search in google for something and get sites with nothing but a bunch of links and not actually what I am looking for and I am glad they decided to take a chance and clean it up.

IMO.

ABW Ambassador
    What is MFA?

15 years and counting
    made for AdSense: (MFA)

Google is not really going after MFA sites. They are penalizing AFFILIATE sites with no AdSense Ads.

made for AdSense: (MFA)

Google is not really going after MFA sites. They are penalizing AFFILIATE sites with no AdSense Ads.
    That has to be true. I had a camapaign that was paused and I then re-activated which worked fine for 2 days and all of a sudden it is inactive again and wants $10 for very good, well performing keywords.

The landing page is perfectly relevant, shows exactly what the ad promises, and offers a lot of comparisons for competition.

I am glad they decided to take a chance and clean it up.
    Getting rid of MFA sites is fine.. but google screwed up big time somewhere along the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Getting rid of MFA sites is fine.. but google screwed up big time somewhere along the line.
    Yes, that's my point.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    "Getting rid of MFA sites is fine.. but google screwed up big time somewhere along the line"

I agree. Something went wrong / is still wrong.

Seach G for "crack pipe". This search:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=crack+pipe

You'll see this ad:
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Crack Pipe
    Looking for Crack Pipe?
    Find exactly what you want today.
    www.eBay.com
    ~~~~~~~~~

Given this example, does anyone want to try and convince me that their systems are working properly?

I'd love to boycott Google, but right at the moment AdSense is the most reliable income I've got outside of my d*y j*b.

I think the more likely resolution to this one is a class action.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast