Ending Relationships
    I would like to know how to end relationships with affiliates without losing commissions earned so far no matter how small.

I've tried for three years to earn commissions and have earned some, but not enough to receive a check. I no longer have the time put into this and want to get out. I would like, however, to receive the commissions I have earned to this point to feel like the effort I have put in has not been wasted.

How do I go about doing this? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

With the new consolidated payments, I don't think LinkShare has any minimum payment amount. You should get paid even if you've only earned a buck.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Some have a minimum amount, as you mentioned.

My best advise is to contact them directly, meaning the merchants.

Login to LS
    Go to the last Tab on the top right.
    Click and see the account info.
    email or call the merchant program manager

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    emaxsys,
    You might want to make sure that there are no holds on your account. There are a few reasons why your account may be on hold and you have not received payment.

1. You have not registered your account through Athena, our registration system that was launched in April 2005. Affiliates are still able to log-in and manage their LinkShare accounts. However, beginning in May 2005, affiliates that have not updated their registration information to obtain a master account will no longer be eligible to receive payment of commissions. If you are not registered through Athena, there is probably a message that comes up when you log-in. If you are a U.S. tax payer you will be required to register a tax ID. This may be either a Social Security Number or a Taxpayer ID Number (TIN) depending on your situation.

2. Your account may have a hold because your email is not valid or has been caught in a spam filter. If this is the case, you will see the instructions to validate your address when you log into your account.

Ranae

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    If you are not registered through Athena, there is probably a message that comes up when you log-in.
    I have had a strange message when I log in since I registered the account in June 2005. I couldn't tell you where I registered the account from now. It's been over a year. I'd suspect it was through Linkshare.com as I've never heard of Athena.

When I contacted LS customer service about this strange message on the same day I registered the account, they told me to ignore it. It's still there over a year later and says the same thing. It says something about my account cannot be validated (see below) yet all the info I've provided is indeed valid and has been since June 2005. I've sent LS lots of traffic but it never seems like my CTR is accurate and sales are slim to nothing. I've often wondered if this strange error message is causing issues with my entire account.

"Legal Message --- We are unable to validate one or more pieces of your profile information at this time. We recognize that this may be due to the third party databases we employ being inaccurate or not up-to-date, or the information you entered being not exactly as they have it. We are currently making changes to our registration and validation processes and will be attempting again to validate your profile information in the future as such changes are implemented. While these changes are being made, you are welcome to participate in the LinkShare Network and will receive payments as if validated. If you have any questions please contact our affiliate support team through the following link: Support"

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    emaxsys,
    You might want to make sure that there are no holds on your account. There are a few reasons why your account may be on hold and you have not received payment.

1. You have not registered your account through Athena, our registration system that was launched in April 2005. Affiliates are still able to log-in and manage their LinkShare accounts. However, beginning in May 2005, affiliates that have not updated their registration information to obtain a master account will no longer be eligible to receive payment of commissions. If you are not registered through Athena, there is probably a message that comes up when you log-in. If you are a U.S. tax payer you will be required to register a tax ID. This may be either a Social Security Number or a Taxpayer ID Number (TIN) depending on your situation.

Ranae
    I've been with Linkshare since about 1998/99 -- how can I tell if I am registered through Athena?

Thank you
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    ocs94,
    You are registered through Athena if you are getting the validation message. LinkShare uses a 3rd party to verify affiliates. Sometimes if an address does not appear exact, this may cause the validation message. Validation will not affect your payments.

I know some affiliates made minor changes i.e. putting an apt. number on the first address line from the second address line and getting verified. You might want to try this to see if it works.

Ranae

ABW Ambassador
    Reply to the same question about Athena in the other thread, the one about not getting paid.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...08&postcount=8

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread