Ending Relationships
    I would like to know how to end relationships with affiliates without losing commissions earned so far no matter how small.

I've tried for three years to earn commissions and have earned some, but not enough to receive a check. I no longer have the time put into this and want to get out. I would like, however, to receive the commissions I have earned to this point to feel like the effort I have put in has not been wasted.

How do I go about doing this? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CJ pays out if you have at least $25 in consolidated commissions. Even if you earn just $0.01 from a merchant, it'll be included the next time you earn a check. As long as you don't quit everything, and you accumulate at least $25, you should get paid.

Be aware that on CJ if you don't earn anything from any merchant for six months, they will charge your account a $10 inactivity fee each month until the account balance is depleted and then they close the account.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    CJ pays out if you have at least $25 in consolidated commissions. Even if you earn just $0.01 from a merchant, it'll be included the next time you earn a check. As long as you don't quit everything, and you accumulate at least $25, you should get paid.

Be aware that on CJ if you don't earn anything from any merchant for six months, they will charge your account a $10 inactivity fee each month until the account balance is depleted and then they close the account.
    Thanks for the reply. I've been "Inactive" with CJ for several months now. So I guess with that one I can assume is that all earnings there are lost. I never did accumulate with any affiliate more than $25.

With BeFree I have an affiliate that I earned about $3 short of getting a check. I am attempting to cancel all of my affiliates and do not intend to open any more affiliates with CJ or BeFree. So I guess I'll just leave my accounts and count my earnings as experience.

If you contact them and let them know you want to close the account they will probably send you a check. I closed an account with Amazon once and I got a check from them for a very small amount.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by missdonna
    If you contact them and let them know you want to close the account they will probably send you a check. I closed an account with Amazon once and I got a check from them for a very small amount.
    the least you can do it to contact them and try..

If your web sites are up and the links are live, why do you need to close them down? I went for months before getting a penny, and had given up maintaining the site. Then, all of a sudden someone bought something, and I upgraded the site as a result. Since then, the commissions have been slowly growing.

You may wish to make the site a better "pre-seller," sending traffic to the merchant with a positive attitude towards the product. Take some modest traffic boosting steps (post in forums on your topic, put some articles out there).

Then just leave it alone and don't invest any more precious time until/unless the traffic grows and some sales happen. You don't lose anything by letting things ride, especially if your commissions are under $25.

you must remember that sales can be very seasonal, depending on which merchants you promote. and, CJ and BF are not the only networks to consider.

Thanks guys for replying.

The sites are already down and the domain names already gone. I may try again sometime but right now I just don't have time.

Thanks again.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread