ABW Ambassador
    Not getting paid - is signing up for Signature mandatory?
    I thought it was optional so I didn't, but I haven't had any payments from LinkShare since early January.

Are you on direct deposit or checks? If you're on checks, several people have had problems where one of their checks was lost and LinkShare put the account on hold (apparently without notifying anyone). You might want to check with LinkShare support to see if there is a hold on your account.

It's another example of a well-intentioned project that just wasn't thought out or implemented very well. The assumption is that there's some problem if a check gets lost and it might be best to hold future checks until the problem is fixed. In reality, that's usually a bad assumption.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    I thought it was optional so I didn't...
    I don't see how Signature use or non-use would affect payments.

Signature is a reporting method (supposedly it makes it easier for the affiliate to track the sales), it doesn't affect the [receipt of] cold cash .
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    On checks, I was leery of direct deposit with LS but it looks like I was wrong and better sign up for it.

Thanks.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    webworker,
    Signing up for Signature would have no impact on your payments. It sounds like there might be a hold on your account. Here are a few reasons why your account may be on hold and you have not received payment.

1. You have not registered your account through Athena, our registration system that was launched in April 2005. Affiliates are still able to log-in and manage their LinkShare accounts. However, beginning in May 2005, affiliates that have not updated their registration information to obtain a master account will no longer be eligible to receive payment of commissions. If you are not registered through Athena, there is probably a message that comes up when you log-in. If you are a U.S. tax payer you will be required to register a tax ID. This may be either a Social Security Number or a Taxpayer ID Number (TIN) depending on your situation.

2. You may not be owed any commissions or your merchants have not paid for the specific time period. Check the Merchant Payment History Report in SynergyAnalytics under the Network Transaction Tab.

3. You may have a payment threshold set. Log into your account, select "Your Account”, select "Update Profile", select a channel, scroll down to "Payment - Payment Threshold [optional]", change your threshold, and click update at bottom of the screen.

4. Your account may have a hold because your email is not valid or has been caught in a spam filter. If this is the case, you will see the instructions to validate your address when you log into your account.

Ranae

I show a payment was sent on July 10th, but checking the mail today it has not arrived. Has anyone else who gets their check mailed not gotten theirs yet?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    webworker,
    Signing up for Signature would have no impact on your payments. It sounds like there might be a hold on your account. Here are a few reasons why your account may be on hold and you have not received payment.

1. You have not registered your account through Athena, our registration system that was launched in April 2005. Affiliates are still able to log-in and manage their LinkShare accounts. However, beginning in May 2005, affiliates that have not updated their registration information to obtain a master account will no longer be eligible to receive payment of commissions. If you are not registered through Athena, there is probably a message that comes up when you log-in. If you are a U.S. tax payer you will be required to register a tax ID. This may be either a Social Security Number or a Taxpayer ID Number (TIN) depending on your situation.

Ranae
    Ranae, would you please post instructions on how to register with Athena?
    I've been with Linkshare since 1998/99 but I am not sure if I am set-up through the Athena system.

Thank you.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Rhia,
    First, if you are getting paid by LinkShare for your commissions, you are already registered through Athena. You don't have to worry about anything.

Affiliates that are not registered through Athena would not have received a payment from LinkShare since March 2005. If you are not registered through Athena, you will see an *Important Message* from LinkShare in the interface when you log into your account. Some affiliates ignore this message and go directly to the "Proceed to Home" button.

If you think you are not registered, you should follow the prompts in the first screen, where there is the message from LinkShare. This is where you will need to enter your TaxID information.

Rhia and Webworker,
    You can also PM me with your login username and email address. I can then look up in our system to see why you are not receiving payments.

Ranae

Ranae,

Were checks mailed out late this period? I did not get mine and have not heard back from LS support.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Rhia and Webworker,
    You can also PM me with your login username and email address. I can then look up in our system to see why you are not receiving payments.
    Rhia7, I haven't been sent a payment since January 2006. But have you actually missed getting any of your Linkshare payments? Are you having the same problem that this thread is about?

The topic here is missing payments.
    Last edited by webworker; July 17th, 2006 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Rhia7, I haven't been sent a payment since January 2006. But have you actually missed getting any of your Linkshare payments? Are you having the same problem that this thread is about?
    Yeah, and I have a few commission amounts listed under the heading "Payment Deferred - See Merchant's Payment Terms" [located under the section Account : Payment Report ] but when I click on the link the payment terms are not defined. I am not sure if the deferred payments are related to Athena. I'd like to see the Merchant's Payment Terms. I know one merchant "On Hold" switched to another network, but what about the balance I had with that merchant while the merchant was at Linkshare?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, and I have a few commission amounts listed under the heading "Payment Deferred - See Merchant's Payment Terms" [located under the section Account : Payment Report ] but when I click on the link the payment terms are not defined. I am not sure if the deferred payments are related to Athena. I'd like to see the Merchant's Payment Terms.
    That is completely different from not getting paid at all. That is a topic about deferred payments and merchant's payment terms and has nothing to do with not getting paid at all.

This thread has nothing whatsoever to do with merchant payment terms or deferred payments. This one is about not getting paid at all.

Start your own thread on your own topic.

I know one merchant "On Hold" switched to another network, but what about the balance I had with that merchant while the merchant was at Linkshare?
    That is also another topic altogether - getting paid for merchants who left the network. That has nothing to do with this thread, it's a different topic. That has nothing whatsoever to do with not getting paid at all.

Start your own thread on your own topic.

ABW Ambassador
    All payments received
    Following up on this, the issue is that there were some uncashed checks, so Linkshare put a hold on the account.

I spoke to someone (very nice, BTW) in Customer Service who looked up my account, verified my email address and mailing address, and sent verification and information over to Accounting to issue payment - which they did on the following payment date in their accounting cycle.

I've been paid every single penny that was due, retroactively, even going back to include some merchants who were slow payers.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    So is this your first consolidated payment?

If so, it should be nice

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    So is this your first consolidated payment?

If so, it should be nice
    Yep! Very consolidated, and very nice!

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread