ABW Ambassador
    How Do You Check Last Month's Reports?
    I'm trying to get a total for what I made last month and Past Revenue only goes up to April 2006. Thanks.

TrustNo1 In your account click on the download.csv in the reports/stats section. Here you can choose a particular period that you would like to see the stats off. Hope this helps you!
    [B][URL=http://ablogfullofgames.blogspot.com/]Blog Games[/URL]
    [URL="http://fractalenlightenment.blogspot.com"][COLOR="Red"]Our Blog[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks, tried that and I have to download and then I get a page of sales and if I want the total have to break out the calculator and add it up. I want to be able to click a month and see the total or be able to select a date range and have it show right there.

And then the Past Revenue part goes up to April and gives the amount but not the breakdown.

Trust i have a basically non functional affiliate account to see how it is from the affiliate side so im not too handy with the features. But in the download .csv why dont you select the date range for a particular month.

Because the feature that you are asking for currently does not exist i think. I dont see it atleast

Cheers!
    [B][URL=http://ablogfullofgames.blogspot.com/]Blog Games[/URL]
    [URL="http://fractalenlightenment.blogspot.com"][COLOR="Red"]Our Blog[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, doesn't exist. It's frustrating. Past Revenue still only goes thru April. So the only way I can see what I made last month or the month before is hit Activity Details and literally get out a calculator and add it up. The reports need a major overhaul.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I'm 99% sute that my "past revenue" was recently more up to date than it is now... they must be working on that feature currently... TN1, suggest you drop a note to Brian or support.

ABW Ambassador
    When I login it only shows thru April. I click Past Revenue when I login. I have dropped notes months ago. In the what can we fix thread. As far as Past Revenue, even then it just has the amount. I can't get any breakdown, I can't pick a merchant and a date and get a report, nothing like that.

Even Activity Summary, the only 2 options are This Month and Total (all time at SAS)

Can't you just do a drag and sum in your .csv?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    I see you can generate a csv report, then download it. I do that and then open it and I have a big text file. And then I guess i have to take that and put it somewhere to get the numbers or something. How do you find out what you made last month from inside the SAS reports step by step.

Hum... from memory. I think you can select all and copy the .txt file into cell A1 of your Excel spread sheet then do a data text to columns using | as a delineator which puts it into columns. From that, it should act like any other spread sheet and you can sum as usual. My computer is too busy for me to check it right now but I think that is it. Probably, similar for any spreadsheet type program. Mine opens automatically in Excel from SAS but that is what I do when I ftp the .txt files for feeds so it should work.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    Exactly, kind of archaic. The reports really need a major overhaul. It would be easier if it was like every other network where you just select a date or date range, hit submit and there it is.

So, did you get it to work? Sure it could be easier. But, once you get the hang of it, it really only takes a couple of seconds to do. It is just frustrating when you don't know how, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    When I login it only shows thru April. I click Past Revenue when I login. I have dropped notes months ago. In the what can we fix thread. As far as Past Revenue, even then it just has the amount. I can't get any breakdown, I can't pick a merchant and a date and get a report, nothing like that.

Even Activity Summary, the only 2 options are This Month and Total (all time at SAS)
    For what is worth.......

If you click on Activity Details, You will be able to get all of your Transactions from day one.

It's too bad that you can only get 25 Results at the time, and then have to click on Next 25 Results , to see more but, at least you can see your Past Revenue from day one on SAS.

While the way it's now sucks, you can see it by Past Revenue from day one on SAS by total Revenue, or you can see it by Past Revenue from day one on SAS by merchant. (but, only by one merchant at the time)

I can't get any breakdown, I can't pick a merchant and a date and get a report, nothing like that.
    Yes you can, but the way it's sucks.

ABW Ambassador
    Ssanf, I know you like SAS, so do I. But the reports suck.

"While the way it's now sucks"

Yes. Hopefully it gets fixed. There's always room for improvement. This is an area that definitely needs it.

OK, but you have it figured out, now. Right? I just want to know that you can do it because the information is there and accessible to you.

ABW Ambassador
    Actually no, I get this error:

Cannot load the conversion files.

But you do agree that the reports should be fixed like every other network has them? Where you can just click a button and it shows up right there on the screen.

Well, yes, since some people are having trouble getting the information, it would appear.

I don't know why you can't get it to work. You get that error when you copy the contents of the .txt file into cell A1 of your spread sheet?

ABW Ambassador
    Even if they weren't having trouble with downloading csv text files and opening up spreadsheets, you shouldn't have to do that to get some reports. Time for an upgrade.

The reporting could certainly use some improvements, but the advantages of SAS far outweigh the inconvenience of the fairly limited reports:

1) They don't allow parasites. Period.
    2) They're honest and trustworthy.
    3) Reporting is truly real-time, not an hour delay. I can see the sale in my account seconds after it happens.
    4) Payments are rock solid. No "extended" transactions or surprises.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

15 years and counting
    Who needs spinning wheels and glossy charts at SAS?
    Michael Coley - The reporting could certainly use some improvements, but the advantages of SAS far outweigh the inconvenience of the fairly limited reports
    I second that.

ABW Ambassador
    "The reporting could certainly use some improvements, but the advantages of SAS far outweigh the inconvenience of the fairly limited reports:

1) They don't allow parasites. Period.
    2) They're honest and trustworthy.
    3) Reporting is truly real-time, not an hour delay. I can see the sale in my account seconds after it happens.
    4) Payments are rock solid. No "extended" transactions or surprises."

Yes, Michael of course. But that's not what we're talking about, check the title of the thread. This isn't a network comparison thread. We're talking about reports. You said "fairly limited reports" that's the topic. Yes, SAS is great and has great people. Some in this thread are taking it personally and know the reports need help and want to talk about other stuff because you feel bad about saying anything negative about SAS. It's contructive criticism. Business not personal. It's a great network but there is always room for improvement.

We can go off topic and talk about different parts of the networks. We can talk about real time reporting and I would put it SAS, Performics, CJ, Linkshare in that order

We can talk about being parasites free and SAS would easily win.

And if we're on topic talking about reporting SAS would be 4th for me. I want to see them first.
    Last edited by Trust; July 30th, 2006 at 05:40 PM.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread