15 years and counting
    AdWords, Google Checkout & Affiliate Marketing
    It's clear now. Google is a competitor. No wonder why they are whacking our AdWords accounts. Is it all about Quality? Nope. Just getting rid of the competition. Is it fair?
    Beyond flexible integration options, Google Checkout also works with Google's search advertising program, AdWords, so online stores can more easily attract new customers, increase sales and process them for free. We're especially excited about combining Google Checkout with AdWords because it gives our advertisers a more complete solution for attracting customers through Google and processing the sales that result. Just so you know, you don't have to be an AdWords advertiser to use Checkout on your website, so don't let that hold you back.
    Find it with Google. Buy it with Google Checkout.
    http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2006/...th-google.html

Bad news for the couponers, too:
    http://www.google.com/buy/m.html

WOW...... It's their house and they are doing whatever they want in it...

G.

15 years and counting
    Geno - It's their house and they are doing whatever they want in it...
    So, why don't they say it, loud and clear. They are not after MFA spammers. Their main aim is to kill Affiliate Marketing to launch their Checkout service.

Animal Lover
    Yeah seen that coupon site for the big G...how thin can you get? Really, it's kinda two-faced to say we want you to build quality content rich sites and then put that up as their 'face of the future'...

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Oooooooooooooooooooo that's gotta hurt a lot of you who do PPC. :-(

First we have the ISPs wanting a piece of the AM market and now Goog wants a bigger cut of the pie, too. This has become BIG business guys. We're gonna get trounced by the greed mongers. It's not gonna stop here ... it'll just get worse and from more directions. Sure hope we're not seeing the glory days of AFF marketing.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

15 years and counting
    Rexanne - Oooooooooooooooooooo that's gotta hurt a lot of you who do PPC.
    Rexanne, it goes far beyond AdWords and PPC. With adWords they are not only targeting, keywords, campaigns... but also domains. I saw a correlation between the $10 penalty and sites being tagged as affiliate and falling in the SERPs.
    I had enough time during the last 6 months to monitor their activities and play with them. It's quite ugly.

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe they should start a rebate site or a way parents can shop and have money go into some college fund or their favorite charity.

15 years and counting
    and start an affiliate program with CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Rexanne, it goes far beyond AdWords and PPC. With adWords they are not only targeting, keywords, campaigns... but also domains. I saw a correlation between the $10 penalty and sites being tagged as affiliate and falling in the SERPs.
    I had enough time during the last 6 months to monitor their activities. It's quite ugly.
    I see that Zeus and it scares me. I don't do PPC but I see the greed mongers crawling all over OUR business and hate to but will predict more and more greedy players jumping into this end of the WWW. We might all be best off investing our online income into another business plan offline to diversify and not get caught in the crossfire. Sucks.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Maybe they should start a rebate site or a way parents can shop and have money go into some college fund or their favorite charity.
    That could very well be the next move they make.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

15 years and counting
    Worse, up to now, they were bothered mainly by CJ and LS links, even with hidden links or redirect. With the last algo change, it seems they are going after ShareASale links, too. It's too new, so I had no time to experiment with many sites but I've a serious doubt.

Worse, up to now, they were bothered mainly by CJ and LS links, even with hidden links or redirect. With the last algo change, it seems they are going after ShareASale links, too. It's too new, so I had no time to experiment with many sites but I've a serious doubt.
    I'm getting a sense of deja vu - Remember the stock market tech crash 4 or 5 years ago? Get ready for the second coming ... I hope like hell it doesn't happen but I sense us "little" guys might be about to feel a crunch. Not just the moms and pops but everyone making money by having "discovered" AM before these biggies decided to jump in the pool.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

15 years and counting
    Rexanne - I'm getting a sense of deja vu - Remember the stock market tech crash 4 or 5 years ago?
    For sure I remember the dot.com bubble burst in 1999/2000. I lost a fortune with LinkShare and their bankrupted merchants.
    Affiliate Marketing grew too fast, got too much attention. That's why I hate statement like "Learn the Insider Secrets that Made Jeremy Palmer $1,000,000 Last Year" It can only attract the sharks. I'll like to know how much he's going to make next year from Affiliate Marketing?

Worse, up to now, they were bothered mainly by CJ and LS links, even with hidden links or redirect. With the last algo change, it seems they are going after ShareASale links, too...
    Hmmmmm.... Not good.

Geno

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Hmmmmm.... Not good. Geno
    I can't confirm it, Geno. But, I tried SAS links on different non-affiliate sites, before the algo change, I had no problem to have top ranking in no time. After the algo change, the pages were removed from the SERPs (and only the SAS pages). These sites are crawled everyday. I never had such problems before. Maybe, it's just me, that's why I'll like to hear from others.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread