View Poll Results: Would you join us on a trip to Russia?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES (for 1 week in Winter 2006)

0 0%
  • YES (for 2 weeks in Winter 2006)

0 0%
  • YES (for 1 week in Summer 2007)

8 25.00%
  • YES (for 2 weeks in Summer 2007)

6 18.75%
  • NO...

12 37.50%
  • YES (just tell me when)

6 18.75%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trip to Russia [poll]

Question Trip to Russia [poll]
    Following the discussion in this thread, I am posting this poll and am looking forward to your feedback.

ABW TRIP TO RUSSIA

Costs

The cost of the trip will comprise of:

1. Cost of the air fair (b/w $650 and $800 roundtrip if booked in advance)
    2. Visa fee ($100)
    3. Cost of roundtrip train fair from Moscow to St. Petersburg (approx. $100)
    4. Accommodation (from $50-60/day)
    5. Meals (from $40/day)
    6. Excursions (around $20 pp per excursion)

Trip

The route would start in Moscow. Depending on the duration of the trip, the stay in Moscow can be anywhere from several days to a week. Then - a train trip to St. Petersburg. Can be substituted by plane, but you won't see any of the country then. The train ride from Moscow to St. Petersburg is only some 5 hours, and you can see the country (not just the two biggest cities, which are very capitalistic) then. The stay in St. Petersburg can also be anything from several days to a week (depending on peoples' preferences).

I am offering several options to choose from in this poll. Choose the duration of the trip (from 1 to 2 weeks) and the time of the year (winter 2006 or summer 2007). If you are not serious about your choice, please do not vote. We do not want the voting to show irrelevant results, as some of us hope that this planning will result in a real trip. So thank you in advance for taking this seriously.

Affiliate Grants

There will be affiliate grants from AM Navigator to help sponsor the trip. No definite decisions have been made about the conditions on which to award them yet, but if we are going, grants will range from a couple hundreds of dollars to full sponsorship(s) of the trip.

Well... I guess, this is about it. Feel free to ask questions and of course, vote (if your vote reflects what you seriously think about the whole plan and your part in it).

Geno
    Last edited by Geno Prussakov; July 18th, 2006 at 05:56 AM.

Some are asking me what Winter 2006 is when 2006 is coming to an end... Read "Winter 2006" as December 2006. Sorry for the confusion.

Geno

It will only let me select one (unless I need instructions) and I would like to say I'm up for all four 'yes' choices. Don't want to select just one.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by missdonna
    It will only let me select one (unless I need instructions) and I would like to say I'm up for all four 'yes' choices. Don't want to select just one.
    I hear you, Donna. I specifically did it that way (for us to see the exact number of people that voted and what they voted for). The main question now is really: whether to do it, or not... It'd be good to get at least some feel on the timing now too (we'd kill two birds with one stone then), but the timing question is really secondary at this stage...

Geno

Can you add one more choice? "Yes, just tell me when" ?

Or maybe I'd be the only one selecting that.

Added it for you, Donna.

Geno

I can't vote on the poll ... not enough posts yet I presume ... but I would go for 1 week in the summer of 2007. I don't have any holidays left for this year. I can't really be definite yet as I travel a lot for my day j*b and will have to wait and see the planning for that first.

Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by Staril
    I can't vote on the poll ... not enough posts yet I presume ... but I would go for 1 week in the summer of 2007.
    Your vote has been added, Sue. Thank you!

Geno

I must admit, the results are turning out to be better (more optimistic) than I expected! At the moment: 90% "for it" vs. 10% "against it". Sweet!! Add me to it, and we already have a group of 10 for the next summer.

Keep those votes coming in, please. It'd be fun to actually pull this together!

BTW, those of you that have already voted: would you come by yourself or with your spouse/friend (meaning more than 1 per vote)? Let me know.

Or maybe I'd be the only one selecting that.
    Looks like you're not the only one, Donna. Thanks for a good suggestion on a voting option!

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov

BTW, those of you that have already voted: would you come by yourself or with your spouse/friend (meaning more than 1 per vote)? Let me know.
    I'll come by myself. But I'd like to travel with some other ABWers from LAX if it works out that way. Gonna be a long trip.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Summer 2007 - I'm game ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    Summer 2007 - I'm game ...
    Good to hear that!! ...Summer, huh? I wonder why no one voted for the Winter?!

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Accommodation (from $50-60/day)
    Please note that this is inexpensive accommodation (three stars) as requested here. More options may be viewed here or here. You may live wherever you want. We do not have to all be in one place. However, it'd be better (both for getting together faster and for getting a better rate)

Geno

ABW Ambassador
    "Can be substituted by pain, but you won't see any of the country then."

What kind of pain are we talking about? I have a pretty good tolerance but not sure what my breaking point is

Russia sounds like it would be a good trip.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    "Can be substituted by pain, but you won't see any of the country then."

What kind of pain are we talking about?
    No typo gets by Trust; especially if it is like the one quoted above...

Read "pain" as "plane". Sorry about that. Just edited it in the original post.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Geno

Ohhhh, I would love to do this!

Several years ago I sent off for a bunch of travel brochures. I had my dream trip all planned out - I was thinking of doing a cruise down the Volga River with stops in little villages along the way. Plus a few days in Moscow and St. Petersburg. It looked liked so much fun and that way you also get to see the countryside.

I can't go this winter - sigh, Christmas in Russia would be lovely. My oldest is getting married in January so that would be too close.

Put me and the hubby down for a possible maybe for Summer, if that's ok. (all depends on finances and how things are going then)
    Ebudae

Quote Originally Posted by Ebudae
    Several years ago I sent off for a bunch of travel brochures. I had my dream trip all planned out - I was thinking of doing a cruise down the Volga River with stops in little villages along the way. Plus a few days in Moscow and St. Petersburg. It looked liked so much fun and that way you also get to see the countryside.
    We can definitely do the river cruise. I am hearing they are very nice. My wife and myself always wanted to go on one. You do not go through just some regular countryside, but also visit some of the most famous old Russian cities: Kizhi (on an island in the Ladoga Lake - the biggest lake in Europe), Mandrogi (a village where they have little cartels where they make what we sell at Russian Legacy), Yaroslavl, Uglich, etc. Here's a sneak preview on one of such cruises... They are extremely popular among Russians (those that can afford them), save foreign travellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebudae
    Put me and the hubby down for a possible maybe for Summer, if that's ok. (all depends on finances and how things are going then)
    Finances? Read the Affiliate Grants "clause". AM Navigator may help you to pull this all together (if we have a good crowd agreeing on going)...

We are getting very good numbers already. 11 votes "for it" above, out of which 2 voted for couples (ABWer + spouse). Add myself (and maybe my wife to it), and we already have 14-15 people interested. Good feedback.

Let's see some more votes (either way), please.

Thanks,

Geno

Geno:

I just voted for 1 week in summer of 07. Dave and I both think it would be one of those "trip of a lifetime" ventures. It was hard to decide between one week or two. The best vacations are 7-10 days, but a week would be easier to swing financially.

Winter in Russia would be lovely, but we're already booked vacation - wise for this year and making plans for next summer already.

This sounds like it would really be a great trip. Finances would definitly be an issue with me but I also have some personal responsibilities that I don't think I'd be able to go. Wonder why the winter isn't getting the votes, too.? I think Russia in the winter would be soooooo pretty Guess that's a personal preference, though. I love how the countryside especially looks in the winter

Trust's comment: "Can be substituted by pain, but you won't see any of the country then." What kind of pain are we talking about? I have a pretty good tolerance but not sure what my breaking point is.

rofl

Definitely sounds like it will be a great trip

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    Definitely sounds like it will be a great trip
    Oh, yeah.........

So, now we have 13 votes "for" (which presupposes at least 16 people coming) + myself and my wife. That is a group of 18 affiliate marketing world people!

Anyone else?

Geno

Just in case anyone was busy for a couple of days and missed this.

http and a telephoto
    I just voted for "Let me know when" and it would be me by myself... of course subject to finances, job obligations etc at the time It would be wild if we can pull this off... and I would want to be at the same hotel with other folks... not scattered about in different places. So Michael can help coordinate a group rate?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW will pitch in to the "Affiliate Grants"
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    ABW will pitch in to the "Affiliate Grants"
    Thank you very much, Haiko.

This trip is tax deductible, of course. How are we gonna document it for the tax folks? It needs an official-sounding name, for starters.

Haiko, thank you. I won't keep trying on making you come, man.

We already have 14 votes "for it", which translates into at least 17 people coming (as three of the 14 have told me they'd be coming with spouses). Add me to it, and we have a group of 18 already!

Donna, keep promoting this and we'll have to rent the whole ship!

Geno

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast