Question Best tracking solution for an affiliate network please?
    We're looking to establish a UK-based affiliate network. We already have a stable of merchants, but are looking to consolidate the tracking used. We're not looking to compete with the established networks on the sort of merchants we use - essentially we're going to be using high-value finance programmes with perhaps up to only 50 affiliates on them, and find that paying a network override is prohibitive. The network doesn't need to be used for recruitment, but the more it can do, the better! It needs to be branded in our brand and obviously have a certain amount of credibility, usability and stability. There will be little in the way of co-reg etc, but more CPA, CPL and commission-based models, and it would need to accurately report any variables to accurately validate.

Options I've seen so far include DirectTrack and Kowabunga - does anyone have any thoughts on these, or any suitable alternatives?

Many thanks

ABW Ambassador
    Hello Azam,
    Am sending you a PM

Best Regards
    TGO

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I have spoke to the guys at Kowabunga a few years ago

seem like a pretty good sys

ABW Ambassador
    "Options I've seen so far include DirectTrack and Kowabunga'

Between those two, I would go with Kowabunga. I use a lot of MyAP indy's and don't have any problems. And when I do have problems with indys, it always seems to be happening with those using DirectTrack. That's been my experience at least.

Azam,

I can't say that I know the positives of Kowabunga, not to say that there aren't any, but I've never had the chance to use the system. That being said I currently work for Direct Response Technologies, which owns and operates DirectTrack, so I could tell you a little bit about our system.

We are currently power over 200 affiliate networks worldwide. All of them have access to cross promote offers to each other in a portal called CrossPublication. The system will allow you to run any type of offer you want (CPS, CPL, CPC, CoReg, Call Track, etc...) and gives you the ability to have your Network branded to your company.

Again, since I can't offer any insight to what Kowabunga has, this post is one sided.... But if you'd like, I can take you through the DirectTrack application and show you some very unique features.

Drop me a note if you'd like.

Best,

Anthony

ABW Ambassador
    www.thinkpartnership.com has established itself in the UK
    Ask Jim Banks - CEO of www.webdiversity.co.uk

Mike Mackin

Thank you to everyone for their replies. Appreciate it very very much

Any other recommendations or advice please? Thanks a million.

I have thought about starting an affiliate network my self. The only problems is that I dont have the hundreds of thousands of dollars to attract merchants.

However as far as affiliate tracking goes anything you built that is automated can be reversed engineered, so why dont you create a semi-manual tracking method?

How? Well this option I am going to explain would be good for couponers but unsure if it would work for others

WHat if you created a "Coupon Code Affiliate Network" WHere instead of relying on cookie based tracking, you would rely on coupon code tracking. Meaning every affiliate would be automated generated coupon code: Every time a customer manually types in this coupon code and makes a purchase, a query would be sent from merchants site to your database and the system would give credit to the affiliate with that coupon code. This plan is hijack proof and the merchants would not to have to worry about affiliates stealing coupon codes out of their magazines and newsletters,etc.

ANyone else like this idea?

oh well, I thought it was good

Hi Anthony,

I manage the ChoiceShirts.com affiliate program using Direct Track but we have not had any luck with the cross publication networks. Any helpful hints on why? I's love to hear what else we could do to take advanatge of this feature.

Thanks,
    Kerri

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread