Test purchase
    I've read in here that some affiliates have made test purchases. Did you do it from you own computer (IP)?
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin-1752[url="http://www.salocal.com/goldwing/goldwing_tech.htm"][/url]

I've done it from my own computer. I also have let my friends know to email me details if they make purchases so I can check. Both ways have tracked for me.

How long does it take the sale to show? Does it depend on the merchant?
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin-1752[url="http://www.salocal.com/goldwing/goldwing_tech.htm"][/url]

I think it shows up when the order is shipped but it probably does depend on the merchant. They usually appear on our account within a day or two.

Most of the time I contact the AM or network rep for the merchant and have them do the test purchase. I can see the sale post and be deleted and don't have to do any work on my end.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Most of the time I contact the AM or network rep for the merchant and have them do the test purchase...
    I get requests for these (test purchases) all the time. If it is any of my programs that you want to test, let me know. Any AM that cares about their program would do it for you in no time...

Geno

To late, I needed a KN air filter for my Goldwing anyway (fox performance), but the sale hasn't shown up. I saw "real time" stats advertised......thought they ment it. That's ok, as long as it does show up.....ordered yesterday.

I did a test purchase on a SAS merchant and had a problem. (Merchant name withheld pending resolution)

I clicked in to the merchant and saw the click in SAS. Checked my cookies and had 5 for the merchant. Later I came back to the merchant via Firefox history to make the purchase. No click recorded in SAS and the sale did not track.

I was able to duplicate this except for the actual purchase. Now I'm wondering if entering from Favorites would track. The AM did a test purchase and all tracked fine, but a 30 day cookie wouldn't help here.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Entering from "Favourites" should track. Did you check on whether the cookie was there before making the test purchase (that didn't track)? The only reason that I can think of for it not tracking is a firewall/antivirus software. That's why I'm asking about the check on cookies...

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Most of the time I contact the AM or network rep for the merchant and have them do the test purchase. I can see the sale post and be deleted and don't have to do any work on my end.
    I find that interesting. I was not aware of the possibility of having an AM or network rep for the merchant perform a "test purchase."

I've purchased items through my own links but I have not asked any AMs to click my links as a test.

Is the AM willing to go through all the actions and then void the transaction?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Is the AM willing to go through all the actions and then void the transaction?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Entering from "Favourites" should track. Did you check on whether the cookie was there before making the test purchase (that didn't track)? The only reason that I can think of for it not tracking is a firewall/antivirus software. That's why I'm asking about the check on cookies...

Geno
    If clicked thru my link with my ID#, a cookie shouldn't matter. I thought cookies were for duration. The link ID should be recorded reguardless.

Did you check on whether the cookie was there before making the test purchase (that didn't track)?
    Nope, but I have just done this test. I have 9 of their cookies. I typed theirdomain.com in the address bar and went to their site. I used a link from my history and went to their site and neither click showed in SAS. Clicked a banner on my site and it tracked.

The link id alone should track a sale as long as the sale is made right after clicking thru the site with id. I've email SAS about this yesterday. In today's atmosphere with ad and spyware prevention many cookies are no longer stored. That's bad for duration, but it shouldn't matter for direct click thru sales.

I haven't heard from SAS about this yet. I may pull the ads till I confirm this.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread