Amazon Site Review: LiveWebShop.com
    I'd like to get some feedback on my newest site, I've been working on enhancing it's search engine friendlyness. Have over 70k unique pages indexed so far.

I do have a Google Sitemap as well. I'm also running Google Adsense on the site, if I could get some feedback on the integration that'd be great to.

I've just recently built the shopping cart addition, with checkout taking place on my site, not Amazon's.

Thanks for your friendly helpful feedback.

PuReWebDev
    Last edited by Trust; September 9th, 2006 at 04:40 PM.

15 years and counting
    Great looking site. Easy to navigate. Good search and perfect integration of Amazon products. Great job.
    Now, let's talk about Google!
    You're lucky to still show up in their SERP and run adWords.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Nice site, Dev! Love the concept.

My only suggestion would be to enlarge the font on the main page, at least and break the top paragraph into bulleted points or small sentences if you can justify them without compromising the integrity of the English (or any) language.

You want to capture your visitor's attention and I think most people don't read or comprehend more than short, simple sentences online. You want then to know what your site offers and it's got good points to specify.

I think you can get away with more text when describing a product someone is already interested in but on the main page, you'll want to grab visitor's attention fast, hold on to their attention and interest them enough to click on a category and stick around.

Good luck!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    PS ... I'd remove the Google ad borders or make them smaller.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Thanks for the good feedback. I forgot to mention, it's still a work in progress. The css for the entire site still needs to be hooked up.

You are correct, the homepage itself needs a touch up, I'm gonna have some really nice graphics up there shortly. Plus some better copy. The homepage to be honest is probably the one thing that I haven't actually worked on much, lol. I will make a bigger text though, thanks Rexanne.

Zeus, yeah, I'm really lucky this time around. Google seems to be blessing me. The site is not two months old yet, but I just got a pr3 last week. I'm gonna work hard to try to get that elusive pr5 or 6.

thanks for more feedback

PuReWebDev

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread