Thumbs down Direct Track
    I am currently working with Direct Track, as our affiliate tracking system.
    I would like to warn you all of that system. It is a system full of bugs, that cause as alot of damage during the year we are using it.
    There isn't an option of changing passwords on the system even to the Administrator, and there are alot of missing features that were changed recently.
    I complaint to them a few times and haven't receive any proper response.
    I feel hocked since our program grow alot, and it is very dificult to change the system at that point.
    That's why it is very important for me to warn you all before you also get hocked by them.
    I wish someone had warned me.

JoeM

ABW Ambassador
    We run an indie program + a ShareResults program.

For some of our larger partners we were using DT and I share your thoughts.
    We are currently migrating out of DT.

Mike Mackin
    affmgr@elearners.com

Mike,

I was considering DT. You are migrating from DT to which on?

Cheers,
    Erik

DirectTrack was initially a coupon tracking software that evolved. Our company used a number of tracking softwares before creating our own (including DT).

If any of you are looking for an alternative that has more functionality, is stable, and more intuitive for both you and your partners, please feel free to contact me directly. I will set you up with a free demo that you can play with.

My name is Jordan Halls [removed sig line][read the TOS]
    Last edited by Adam Ward; July 19th, 2006 at 05:24 PM.

CPA Network Rep
    Hi All,

I hate to post here on the defensive, but I feel the need to here.

Joe, I'm not sure who you are? We work with a lot of Joe's. I do see that you are posting this exact message across several message boards though so I'd like to find out which account you are.

For the public's reference here...we had notified ALL clients weeks back that we needed to hide affiliate passwords for security purposes. Part of the reason was due to compliance issues with transitioning to the standards of our new public company. We clearly outlined that if an affiliate needs to retrieve their passwords, they would need to use a forgot password link to receive it via email. In addition, next week we have an option being released for our clients to generate a temporary password for their affiliates which will then require the affiliate to generate a new password.

Joe, which other features have gone missing recently? Feel free to contact me about this directly. Unfortunatly I've never heard from you prior to your 1st post here.

Jordan - nice sales pitch, but get your facts straight. DirectTrack was the backbone behind DirectLeads which started in 1997. MyCoupons.com was an affiliate site and completely seperate. You should know this, Nettraction used to get a lot of their clients for affiliate recruitment from us until we stopped referring people.

I hate to get into this discussions that waste a lot of time for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by joem
    I would like to warn you all of that system. It is a system full of bugs, that cause as alot of damage during the year we are using it.
    We use DT as well and have noticed many changes over the last few months that they MADE KNOWN they would be migrating in. I as well have noticed a few bugs and flaws in some on the newly integrated features, but I always alert them of it and get a fairly quick response as to what is being done to correct the error.

There isn't an option of changing passwords on the system even to the Administrator, and there are alot of missing features that were changed recently.
    Again, this is something they informed all of us about. This was done as a security measure. You have to imagine there are hundreds if not thousands of affiliates who have accounts with multiple networks who use DT. And many use the same username and password for each, as well as many other things. Before DT implemented the change, we were able to view all affiliates passwords, no problem. Which basically left affiliates vulnerable to all DT merchants/networks. Today, in fact, they announced the new feature that will be going in, that will allow the admin to set a temporary password if they need access to the affiliates account, in which the affiliate can later change to what they choose. It is a security measure I applaud DT for taking. You are still able to login to your affiliates account, by simply clicking the 'Login' URL to the right of their info, so I'm not sure what you need to see their password is. If they don't remember it, they can always use the "Forgot My Password" feature.

I complaint to them a few times and haven't receive any proper response.
    I will agree sometimes the response can be rather vague and simple, such as 'We have forwarded your complaint to our tech team' or something around that, but if there ever was an immediate issue I needed addressed, I have not had a problem getting a hold of them or getting a timely response.

I hate to sound like I'm on my knees for DT, but I think your repeated post throughout multiple boards of the same message slandering DT is a bit unprofessional and not being relayed accurately. I have yet to not receive a notice whenever any changes have been made, and as of now, all changes DT has made, have all been for the better of the overall system.
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]
    Director of Affiliate Operations
    [EMAIL="jon.lyons@fluxads.com"][SIZE=1]jon.lyons@fluxads.com[/SIZE][/EMAIL][SIZE=1] | 1-877-GO-2-FLUX | [URL="http://www.fluxads.com/"]FluxAds.com[/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]LinkedIn: [URL]http://www.linkedin.com/in/jrlyons[/URL][/SIZE]

Being another DirectTrack customer, I am extremely disatisfied with the service they provide. We are, in fact, changing software providers at this moment.

Our issues involved much of the same.
    Bad response time when problems did arise. Affiliates not being able to log-in. Bugs - many bugs - in the system. Their automated approval e-mail not working correctly and their failure to fix the problem.

The main thing was on TWO occassions their updates caused us to not be able to track the affiliates sales. If they are going to change an operating system that involves customers, they might test before posting live.

Good luck to them.

More importantly, good luck to those of you who choose to stay with DirectTrack or sign up with them after reading the great advice and warning about this software.

ABW Ambassador
    Jason Wolfe Retires from DirectResponse

Quote Originally Posted by JordanNT
    DirectTrack was initially a coupon tracking software that evolved. Our company used a number of tracking softwares before creating our own (including DT).

If any of you are looking for an alternative that has more functionality, is stable, and more intuitive for both you and your partners, please feel free to contact me directly. I will set you up with a free demo that you can play with.

My name is Jordan Halls [removed sig line][read the TOS]
    I cannot send private messages yet... is there anyway you can contact me?

Direct Track alternative
    hi,

CubeEffect developed a solution that is a great alternative to direct track.

look at (removed url) or contact me if you are frustrated.
    Last edited by loxly; September 12th, 2006 at 03:27 PM.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by hillik
    hi,

You won't get PM priviledges unless you become an active participant here. Dropping urls is also again the rules and frowned upon heavily.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

hi,

I'm frustrated with your post...so should I contact you then??
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]
    Director of Affiliate Operations
    [EMAIL="jon.lyons@fluxads.com"][SIZE=1]jon.lyons@fluxads.com[/SIZE][/EMAIL][SIZE=1] | 1-877-GO-2-FLUX | [URL="http://www.fluxads.com/"]FluxAds.com[/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]LinkedIn: [URL]http://www.linkedin.com/in/jrlyons[/URL][/SIZE]

Was an annoying DT downtime midweek with two networks I use.

Also I read on another forum that PrimeQ are abandoning DT for their own interface after many years... any truth to that?

Question New DirectTrack Questions
    Problems

as an affiliate, Is there a centralized place to log in and apply to new programs that use DT now ?

i log in here in the past, but it does not work anymore
    http://www.directresponse.com/publisher/directtrack/

second question
    i try to log in to one individual program at
    https://affiliates.cupid.com

the password does not work, i have clicked the lost password link to request a new password,
    but there is no response at all to my email

Hope someone from DT can help

ugh @ directtrack!

its nonstop with these guys.

i know they're probably working hard on all this, but at times it is unbearable.

hopefully they work out all the kinks soon, or else!!! :)

Max,
    Being that you are new to XY7 and unaware of all that goes on 'behind the scenes' let me fill you and all the good people of A Best Web in about Direct Track.

I deal with them on a daily basis. They are completing a move to a much larger and faster data center in conjunction with providing continuous service to all their clients. I challenge ANY company to do this with out ANY issues or hiccups. Direct Track is extremely responsive and has been more than aggressive in tackling and correcting any issues that have come up.

XY7.com has been with Direct Track for over 2 years. We have seen a lot of changes and upgrades during this time. All Direct Track’s upgrades and releases have made their system more reliable and easier to navigate. They are tops in what they do, track your conversions and all the bells and whistles you can ask for.

I recommend to anyone looking for a solution that will fit their needs to contact Direct Track.

Thanks,

Auggie
    XY7.com

I have heard of Direct Track what is it?
    What is Direct Track? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am trying to learn as much as I can. Thank you

Directtrack is a system through which you can manage an advertising network. Their system tracks clicks , etc and they also provide you with script .

I was thinking of buying DT, is it good? Any alternatives ?

CPA Network Rep
    hi,

Cube Effect is unresponsive, i sent them an email months ago to learn about their software and no response. Great first impression.

DT does have its issues but you have to take in to account the fact that they most likely have more volume running through their servers than CJ, linkshare or any other "big" network. You also need to take in to account those pissed of people who receive ads from marketers and decide to try and take sites and servers down that deliver the ads, i am sure DT battles stuff we can never imagine on a day to day basis.

I will say that DT does need to improve on their communication and responsiveness, apparently they have had some reporting issues the past few days, a friend of mine said he called every extension at DT around 8 PM and not one person was there to answer, i would assume that if your clients have a major outage and youre aware of it that people would still be in the office working, maybe im a slave driver but if something goes down in our office IT is there to fix it no matter how long or how late it gets.

CPA Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by mkrongel
    I will say that DT does need to improve on their communication and responsiveness, apparently they have had some reporting issues the past few days, a friend of mine said he called every extension at DT around 8 PM and not one person was there to answer, i would assume that if your clients have a major outage and youre aware of it that people would still be in the office working, maybe im a slave driver but if something goes down in our office IT is there to fix it no matter how long or how late it gets.
    Hi again...I wish the name of this thread was changed

Yesterday and today some of the reporting of leads and sales has indeed been delayed for the DT Networks we power that utilize our CrossPublication community. CrossPublication is where two DT Networks or Merchants pass an offer to one another through their DT interface. We capture the stats in our reporting engine and then replicate them to the appropriate Network running the offer. That replication process is currently being repaired and we have had our team on it since we found this happening...including off hours. The leads and sales are still tracking and I expect a resolution very soon.

I hope that clears up any major concerns regarding tracking or reporting.

And yes, Mike, you are a slave driver. Don't hesitate to call my cell off hours if you have a question or concern.

CPA Network Rep
    I should have added to my post that DT is a great system for the job it needs to do, affiliate marketing is very dynamic and and needs to be flexible.

DT and Mark are great to respond, my point should have been one more focused on being pro-active, but they do have a tough job, i couldn't image 100 clients all complaining at the same time

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread