Question Will Javascript Links fail to meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines?
    I don't know how strict this law about making all websites accessible is but, just to be on the safer side, I think it's better to meet a few WCAG guidelines.

If a user browses the web with a text browser like lynx, then the Javascript links will not appear for that user, for this i'm supplying plain text in

So, don't use CJ.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Quote Originally Posted by best123
    It's double work, to add the JS links and then, to add the html links.
    I'm sorry but you can't cut and paste twice? Is that too much work?

Obviously, CJ is not the network for you.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    I'm sorry but you can't cut and paste twice? Is that too much work?

Obviously, CJ is not the network for you.
    Cut and paste twice multiplied by 1000 = 2000 , thats double work

plus correcting all the bugs in each link, is additional work

Dont cut me off like this, I am making a valid point/concern here about WCAG.

I like CJ in many respects their user interface especially is superb and I will never leave their network even if they force their JS on me, I will just have to give CJ the lowest priority when it comes to choosing banners and links, because of the JS. JS makes pages extreamly slow and tries to load the page in one shot instead of in phases like the old html links.

i only hope they keep the legacy links forever, they can show this by not calling them "legacy links"

its just a request , not a demand.

even if i demand why will they listen to me? I'm a NOBODY to them anyway.
    Last edited by best123; July 19th, 2006 at 01:57 PM.

also why do 2 if the html stays like you said? if they go to java only then you can end up paying for what you cant get...getting people to pages they cant click thru on.

Best 123 has a strong valid point about the extra work.

Even if you just want to use the html links, now you have to click through to an "access" page, then click through again and wait again for the link delivery page to load.

Sure, if you are just posting link or two before you head out to the country club for the afternoon, what impact is an extra 12 seconds going to have on your routine. Fine.

But if you are a PRO who retrieves links all day every day, you have to consider that your productivity is being cut by probably about 30% or more. That hurts like a motherf#####r.

"Obviously, CJ is not the network for you."

We don't promote networks; we promote certain merchants or certain product lines.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Also "Web Content Accessibility" is or might become a serious issue.

Already 2 websites have been sued for it. (i read a post about it on the internet, dont remember the link to it)

It's like saying, hey too bad you are disabled (blind, deaf, etc) , my website uses Javascript links, and your plain-text browser/ reader cant see my content.

May be even if i have to work twice as much for adding the html links, i would do it... but CJ has put a notice which says , the legacy links will be discontinued

If they are discontinued then there's no way for websites that use CJ links to meet WCAG accessibility guidelines, when it comes to displaying CJ content.

Adding 2000 links hurts my wrists and tendons, its not simple when you multiply the whole thing, it HURTS.

ABW Ambassador
    the funny thing is i got a Javascript error as i went to read this page on line 361 and the page would not load even after a refresh? IE 6.1 - thats just a basic example of how js can be nasty.

best123, I totally agree with what you have written below except I will leave if I can only have js as an option but I doubt that will happen:
    I like CJ in many respects their user interface especially is superb and I will never leave their network even if they force their JS on me, I will just have to give CJ the lowest priority when it comes to choosing banners and links, because of the JS. JS makes pages extremely slow and tries to load the page in one shot instead of in phases like the old html links.
    NoWires, again I agree. The way CJ have made it extremely hard to access html links now has really screwed my production flow. I'm sure it does not affect the guy who only goes on CJ now & then to get 1 or 2 links but for someone like myself who can spend up to 5 hours or more a day on CJ getting links now instead of 1 hour is devastating to my business. What hacks me off is that they never gave us time to prepare for this and I was not expecting this to happen until 2007.

Best 123 has a strong valid point about the extra work.

Even if you just want to use the html links, now you have to click through to an "access" page, then click through again and wait again for the link delivery page to load.

Sure, if you are just posting link or two before you head out to the country club for the afternoon, what impact is an extra 12 seconds going to have on your routine. Fine.

But if you are a PRO who retrieves links all day every day, you have to consider that your productivity is being cut by probably about 30% or more.
    Last edited by MichaelColey; July 21st, 2006 at 11:22 PM.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread