Can I make it in this business?
    I graduated from PSU with a finance degree and I don't have any web design skills. I interned at a mutual fund and found out I don't like working for the man. Affiliate Marketing is all I think about and have been reading any thing I can get my hands on. I plan on using sitesell.com to build my sites, since I have no computer background.

Is it possible to go far in affiliate marketing if I dive into it and keep learning every day?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PSU4Life
    Is it possible to go far in affiliate marketing if I dive into it and keep learning every day?
    As long as you don't have an aversion to blood, you can be a brain surgeon. If your determined, you can do anything, so I say yes --- in a completely obtuse answer.

Welcome to ABW!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Thanks for the motivation. I look forward to learning a lot here!

ABW Ambassador
    You can hire people to do all the work for you, if you wish.

Design, html, programming, content writing, site submission, link building, etc.

You can run it like a BIZ where you come up with the ideas and contract for everything.

imho

ABW Ambassador
    I graduated from PSU with a finance degree and I don't have any web design skills.
    Then you have knowledge under your belt that can enable you to create great content for sites targeted toward financial markets.

I interned at a mutual fund and found out I don't like working for the man.
    To a degree, even though affiliate marketing is done as an independent, it's still to a certain extent being at the mercy of "the man" unless the right relationships are formed with the right people.

IMHO Sitesell may be a good deal for some, but my impression is that it's more for product-level markets - and from what I've seen it's restrictive as far as customization is concerned. Throwing together a simple, search engine friendly site is the very least of it; it's quality content that's the hard part to come up with, and if you investigate the areas you have knowledge in and read here to learn what pitfalls to watch out for, you'll be able to come up with some good matches for partnerships.

Unless the idea of throwing yet another datafeed site out there (for somethng like dog food) rocks your socks, you might consider an information based model using both contextual advertising and affiliate programs. If so, do some searches and take a look through at Snib's posts here at ABW to get the gist of a content-based, value added model. He's "tech" but the same principles would apply.

Just my initial reaction, FWIW.

Thanks
    Lot's of people are doing just that here at ABW. Stick around a while, and I"m sure you'll do fine.

Best of luck!
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

You need a good system to help you in the right direction, I use the One Month Magnate, there are others that will work, but finding the right one is not easy.

Clint Pollard

PSU - I would not recomend sitesell or any other sitebuilder including my own for affiliate marketing. You will need to learn about web design, compatability and marketing.

This is a good market to be eaten alive in. Hiring people and building a company is a sure way to lose big money.

Anyone can make money, just like investing in stocks. But if I buy 2000 shares of a company because their logo is blue, I could lose big. And building a website on a system because it is easy is moving down the same road.

Everyone thinks affiliate marketing is a road paved with gold. It's not! but you can make money, good money. But you need a serious website and serious tools. If you hire people, the only people that will make money are the people you pay.

If you need to start small, do that. But do not expect that you can buy a site and start collecting checks tomorrow.

actually..you don't have to hire people..is too costly..

I would suggest for people like me! buy script...there are ton of good html script ready to use..and they are cheap for just 30USD u can get a good script running already..of course it not orginal..but you can change the pattern to sut yourself..

Quote Originally Posted by zx88
    actually..you don't have to hire people..is too costly..

I would suggest for people like me! buy script...there are ton of good html script ready to use..and they are cheap for just 30USD u can get a good script running already..of course it not orginal..but you can change the pattern to sut yourself..
    could you give some more examples of some cheap scripts? I'm interested in this. I'm a newbie and in my 3rd month of IM. thanks

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    would you like a side salad with your order of bs?

ABW Ambassador
    If you maintain that level of enthusiasm and are willing to work your *ss off, yes. Concentrate on selling products or services that are related to topics you are passionate about.

The web is full of people with no expertise and good ideas who make money. Not to say having the technical side of things down isn't helpful...

Find a friend who thinks like you who does know programming. Become partners, split 50/50, you write the content and come up with the ideas, and he or she programs the site and gets it working.

Ta da! You have yourself a business.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Quote Originally Posted by hh_fitness
    could you give some more examples of some cheap scripts? I'm interested in this. I'm a newbie and in my 3rd month of IM. thanks

Erm..I not sure bout it.. but you can search clickbank or google bout the script..

recently i saw a people selling pixel ads script

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread