Question Google offering PPA ads now?
    I'm reading this on many sites:

http://internet.seekingalpha.com/article/12363

The Google AdSense team would like to invite you to test a feature that provides you with a new way to earn revenue from your website by hosting ads that are compensated based on a Cost-Per-Action [CPA] basis. These ads are very different in that you will be able to choose amongst a selection and you will also have more flexibility in promoting them...

Is this why google is being so harsh on affiliate sites?

it will be interesting to see who will set the rates of commission and if you can opt out of lower paying deals. What type of tracking is used. With this coming through adsense to you the deals are already inplace and they are simply looking for ad space. So that means that they have already intergrated tracking with the advertisers...who are they?

I'm willing to bet that it will require a G pixel on the confirmation page, thus providing even more data to the g-monster...if the java script hasn't already done this.

possible transaction flow>

Deal made with advertiser
    Ads put into the adsense system
    Ads delivered to adsense locations
    visitor purchases after clicking on your link (java script right ;-)
    pixel call sent back to google to confirm sale
    commission added to your account

?s
    how will they handle returns?
    do / will they require the privacy policy
    what is thier privacy policy
    will they provide tiers for top producers
    will advertisers need to use gbuy?

There was already a thread started on this, http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ght=google+cpa but it hasn't gotten into any of the meat of the issue yet.

Are there any advertisers here that have first hand knowledge of the program?
    Last edited by mrbshouse; July 20th, 2006 at 02:05 AM.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, there are some threads about it when the article came out last month. Same link:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...iliate+network

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Yeah, there are some threads about it when the article came out last month. Same link:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...iliate+network
    sorry about the duplicate, didnt see that post.

ABW Ambassador
    Oh, it's alright, actually the attitude towards Google has changed some since that came out a month ago.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Oh, it's alright, actually the attitude towards Google has changed some since that came out a month ago.
    Understatement of the year.

If google bans affiliate sites from its SERPs, and its introducing its own CPA/ PPA can it be sued?

May be not, because it owns its SE , and it would do as it pleases to support it's business.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I would not be suprise if google launched their own CPA network and give LS, CJ and SAS a run for their $.

They are like the walmart, in everybody's neighbourhood.

I am sure that they are thinking of it in between thier vollyball breaks and pool sessions

typical...if you go thru them it's different, maybe even a good idea...but if it's something that makes them zip...or something that can be got rid of to bump up one of their angles its justifiable....otherwise it "lacks content" and/or "is not positive to the user's experience"...what a crock....

don't get in google's way. if it's not got their brand on it, it's spam. if you can get to the top of the serps on anything that makes serious money as an affiliate and you dont do their adwhores...oops i mean adwords...it's spam.

It's been said before, many times, many ways. If you think google isn't your competitor today, you're wrong. You just don't know about it yet...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    It's been said before, many times, many ways. If you think google isn't your competitor today, you're wrong. You just don't know about it yet...

Google's not my competitor, i have AdSense , on some parts of my affiliate site. I am their friend trying to make them money.

I guess, the click throughs on their Adsense ads are dropping. Now everyone in USA and the world knows about what Adsense is, people are reluctant to click on AdSense ads, because they know that if they click on them, someone gets paid... It's like now everyone in the world is into advertising and sales, why should/would they want to click on an ad and make money for someone else.

They are probably attributing the reduced amount of click throughs on AdSense to affiliate sites based on CPAs, and that's why they are banning aff sites.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread