Puzzled...
    Howdy!

So, I set up an account with Link Share about a month ago and got this message...

"We are unable to validate one or more pieces of your profile information at this time. We recognize that this may be due to the third party databases we employ being inaccurate or not up-to-date, or the information you entered being not exactly as they have it. We are currently making changes to our registration and validation processes and will be attempting again to validate your profile information in the future as such changes are implemented. While these changes are being made, you are welcome to participate in the LinkShare Network and will receive payments as if validated."

So I sent a note to support asking to clear up whatever's not valid. At which I note their advisory... ..

"We are experiencing prolonged turn-around times for email due to technical difficulties with our Email Management System and extended wait times on the phone system. We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve the technical issues. Our Affiliate Support department is handling inquiries in the order we received them."

That was a month ago and I've not heard back from anyone.

That advisory is still there.

Today, I got an email from a merchant saying my account was "innactive." I don't see any merchants in my "Inactive Merchant Programs" so.... the email must mean my Link Share account is innactive!!

So... how the heck to I get Link Share's attention to fix my account???

Thanks!

Lyte
    [URL=http://www.pc101.com/][B][U][COLOR=Blue][I]PC101 Computer Forum[/I][/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL] [COLOR=red]-[B] Providing free technical support to computer users of all experience levels.[/B][/COLOR] welcome:

[I][URL="http://www.talkvbulletin.com"][B][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Talk[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]vBulletin[/COLOR][/I][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][/URL]- Discussion Forum for vBulletin Enthusiast! [/COLOR][/B]

Contacting Linkshare 'support' is futile.

See if one of the merchants you promote can intervene on your behalf. That is often the only way to get anything fixed when Linkshare f#cks up your account.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Wow... bummer!

Well, I detest poor Customer Service so is there another affiliate company that has a good stable of electronics/computer type merchants??

Thanks!

Lyte
    [URL=http://www.pc101.com/][B][U][COLOR=Blue][I]PC101 Computer Forum[/I][/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL] [COLOR=red]-[B] Providing free technical support to computer users of all experience levels.[/B][/COLOR] welcome:

[I][URL="http://www.talkvbulletin.com"][B][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Talk[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]vBulletin[/COLOR][/I][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][/URL]- Discussion Forum for vBulletin Enthusiast! [/COLOR][/B]

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Call them
    they have a 1-800 # somewhere

use their chat function. I know they spoke highly of it during the symposium in NYC in June

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Lyte,
    You can probably get more help by contacting our Customer Support at 1-888-SHARE89 (Mon-Fri 9AM-6PM EST) since I am not able to look at your account or know which merchant you are talking about.

The message that you are getting when you log in is a validation message. We use a third-party to validate affiliates. Sometimes our system is a little sensitive and if the information you entered is not exactly like the third-party, you get this validation message.

Validation has no impact on your status with a merchant. I would recommend that you go into your account and go to the Home tab, select Merchant Status Update on the right side of the screen. This should list any merchants that have terminated.

I am not sure what you mean by the "Inactive Merchant List". LinkShare does not have such a list. Sometimes merchants will remove affiliates from their programs for performance. You can try to reapply to that merchant program or contact the merchant directly to see why you were removed.

Hope this at least gives you a start.

Ranae

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    I am not sure what you mean by the "Inactive Merchant List". LinkShare does not have such a list.

Ranae
    Click on Your Account.

Click on Merchant Status Update.

I suspect that's what Lyte is referring to, although that would not address the issue.

Ranae, after a year and a half, why is Linkshare still using a company to validate identity that has clearly illustrated they are not up to the task? Validating identity cannot be limited solely to an automated process.

Ebay uses a company to validate identity. When their data cannot validate based on what the user has provided, they provide a toll free number to call where they then ask you several questions. This happened to me and then my identity was verified immediately. During this process, it became evident that the information these companies rely upon is flawed because the phone rep asked me when I lived at a particular address they were showing for me. That address was my sister's address from many years ago in a city where I had never lived, but she had.

Linkshare needs to refine this process to one that works. If Ebay can do it, Linkshare certainly can.

Smile
    The affiliate support number is on the sheet that comes with your check. I recently had to call them and got right through and they were very helpful.

As far as the merchant saying you are inactive. I would reply to the email directly to the merchant to clear that up. What they may be saying is that they haven't seen a sale from you. They often define that as inactive although you're still with the program, so you may not have been dropped.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Click on Your Account. Click on Merchant Status Update.
    I suspect that's what Lyte is referring to, although that would not address the issue.
    You are correct Sir!

I did receive an email (finally) from someone at LS but I only glanced at it on my way out the door. I'll read it fully and update this thread tomorrow.

Thanks guys for your responses!

Lyte

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread