Question Affiliate Links sent to us from Advertisers' newsletters are not in JS format
    Affiliate Links sent to us from Advertisers' newsletters are not in JS format. Why ?

Do you pick and use those non-JS links ?

If they are non-JS and they are like coupon links that expire next month, I will use them , because i will remove them when they expire anyway.

CJ: please, please, give us back the old html links.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrindavan
    Do you pick and use those non-JS links ?
    Yes, I use them, if they were javascript me and a whole lot of people would just delete the email without grabbing the link

ABW Ambassador
    Most of my links are updated through merchants email now as its much easier than logging into CJ and going through the very painful process of trying to get a normal link from them grrr
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    All I can say is "thank goodness" they are sending 'real' links and not the crappy ones.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by shimmy
    Yes, I use them, if they were javascript me and a whole lot of people would just delete the email without grabbing the link
    Same here!

ABW Ambassador
    Frankly I deleted all coupon links no matter what format they are. Because most coupons last one week, some only last a couple of days. It is too much trouble to monitor the expired links if you are dealing with several dozens or hundreds of merchants. Maybe you guys have better ideas on how to manage this?

It is really laughing for me.
    If compulsory JS links is to solve the long term problem of further updating links u put on webpages from day after day or week after week, if all links are auto-updating, why i still have to monitor coupon codes sent via merchants' emails

The mannual updating seems do not stop at all after introducing JS links.

Quote Originally Posted by atonca
    ...Maybe you guys have better ideas on how to manage this?
    I post the expiratation dates in case I miss removing an expired link. If merchant doesn't give expiration date, I don't use it.
    ~Ernie

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by erninator
    I post the expiratation dates in case I miss removing an expired link. If merchant doesn't give expiration date, I don't use it.
    I did that too. But it still looks funny if you leave an expired ads on website.

ABW Ambassador
    atonca, try using goldencan ... thankfully there are 3rd party companies like goldencan around that do what CJ should be doing.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Exclamation
    >>goldencan

yes, but there is still a time delay
    the merchant update an offer, and goldencan has not done it yet. In the past, i see deals and coupons only available from merchants' emails but not from Goldencan

just because banners and links are not updating automatically, we are paying fees the third party

exclusive use of dynamic JS links without solving the problem of limited time promotion and coupons is the biggest mystery to me in terms of management and marketing.

give me back the legancy links then

Quote Originally Posted by atonca
    I did that too. But it still looks funny if you leave an expired ads on website.
    I use a PHP script to filter it out. When expired, a coupon link could be: extended, changed to a non coupon, or totally expired (dead). With JS link, it could be more difficult to manage.
    IRS
    Don't ask why the ball doesn't come.

>> With JS link, it could be more difficult to manage.

JS links are for advertisers to manage and update.
    What i see now is many advertisers just treat them as before, they do not update expired promotion with new promotion.
    They just create more new links for the new promotion and ask you to pick and put on your site.

And they still keep expired promotion banners.

Quote Originally Posted by IRS
    I use a PHP script to filter it out. When expired, a coupon link could be: extended, changed to a non coupon, or totally expired (dead). With JS link, it could be more difficult to manage.
    I use a query in MS Access to filter out expired offers, so I need to know the expiration date. I tend to not use coupons if the merchant does not give an end date, but if it's a great deal, I sometimes make up the expiration date.

If there is a text link for Free Shipping, I have a filter for that, too. But my query can't read a js code. So those offers are not being shown on my "free Shipping" page, and the merchant is missing out.

Also, if I have a link on my "back to school" page with some text I've added describing a backpack, I don't want it suddenly changing to a link advertising a Christmas tree.

Bottom line - if a merchant sends me a special offer or coupon to post, in html and with the expiration date, I will use it. Otherwise, they would be wasting my time with their emails.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    atonca, try using goldencan ... thankfully there are 3rd party companies like goldencan around that do what CJ should be doing.
    I've tried a few merchants with goldencan. They do save me a lot of work. Will see if they convert good.

Question
    Do you know such links from advertisers' email are
    classified by cj as

New Link Type that are for use in email
    or old format Legacy Link ?

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread