Shop.com inquiry
    Has anyone worked with shop.com before? Specifically with their datafeeds but their coupons as well. Was your experience good or bad? I couldn't find a forum for them here. Thanks for your input.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Nope. sorry.

they basically get a data feed from merchants and upload it to their site and restribute it. It is like amazon.

Being a merchant that shop.com approached us, they were very demading in terms of asking for like XX% commission on each sale. It was way above than our margin but they have a good biz plan.

Speaking of margins! I have over forty years experience in the retail industry and know margins. How can a merchant afford to pay.
    1. The network- they also receive a commission on a purchase.
    2. The affiliate - 10% plus.
    3. Offer coupons,specials and pay all the shipping costs.
    All this adds up to someone getting cut out of their share( I wonder who)
    I still can't see a profit margin for all this for the merchant.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    it depends.

How much is a new customer worth to you? If you know how to run a biz in a lean manner, the 1st sale is usually a lost.
    Have all the marketing elements aligned together and over the years/months, you will make your money back.

Some people hit the BEP for 1st sale but some lose $, but it's the lifetime value of the new customer that is critical

Affiliate Manager
    As a merchant, we had great success. Solid dollars, low hassle, they are my first choice for CSE. Great folks to work with.

I worked with them direct and had no worries with their terms. I found that they really wanted their commission, which was tiered at our normal rates, and that they actually responded to problems quickly and gave solid advice on how to monetize their channel so that they could get their commission. Which was great, as they really kept an eye on the program and would typically let me know what was happening with a phone call or email before I even got my reports.

The two negatives that I hear about them are that they ask for a lot to get you started (either in terms of tech specs or high rev share) or that their affiliates do some annoying PPC bidding as an end run on your T/C. In the four programs I ran with them, that was not the case. All four were smooth sailing.

I can't comment on how they treat affiliates as that wasn't my relationship with them.

"As a merchant, we had great success. Solid dollars, low hassle, they are my first choice for CSE. Great folks to work with."

As an affiliate, I find Shop.com to be quite honorable, responsive and patient with my screw ups.

Some ABW members have complained about likely leakage. Despite other tantilizing "sponsor" ads on the landing page, my conversion rate is higher than on most other merchant sites.

For niche site affiliates, it's a gold mine of solid merchants. Plus some of the 600 shop.com merchants are also on CJ if you are dumping CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by DHolland
    Has anyone worked with shop.com before? Specifically with their datafeeds but their coupons as well. Was your experience good or bad? I couldn't find a forum for them here. Thanks for your input.
    I also sell stuff with them (RussianLegacy.com does). Meaning: working from the merchant side. Have had only good experience with them. Their support people have always been most helpful and personal.

Sounds like they are also supportive of affiliates:
    Quote Originally Posted by landplanfran
    As an affiliate, I find Shop.com to be quite honorable, responsive and patient with my screw ups.
    G.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread