Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Article thieves
    Does anyone else offer articles for reprint?

I do and I've been seeing a stupid amount of crappy made-for-Adsense sites with my articles on them. Not only are they creepy for building Adsense exploit sites but they are not honoring my reprint stipulation that they include my resource box with the articles nor are they giving a live link to my site.

99% of these cretins do not have contact info on their sites so I can't email them about it. It's starting to piss me off big time. What needs to be done to stop this crap, other than removing all my articles from the article data bases and not allowing reprint permission? It's kind of too late as there are plenty all over but most people are giving a hot link to my site when reprinting.

Has anyone else found a solution for this?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Contact their webhost
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoWires
    Contact their webhost
    Thank you! Should have been a "duh."
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    You can look up the whois info (IF it's legit) and send email to that contact, but you may not want to do it from a *good* email addy, the same folks could be harvesting for spam mail.

Do the host definitely, and if no contact can be made with anyone at all and IF the whois info is phonied up, you can report the domain name as falsified.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    and/or file a google DMCA complaint. if they're not following your license policies, it's copyright infringement, and those pages must be removed from google, and the adsense program. You'll get good karma by reducing adsense spam!
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    sad but true.

i would not invest hours in this cos they are popping up like mushrooms after a rain.

it's a loosing battle and you get one, he/she will come back with 3 sites

ABW Ambassador
    Don't pause for a minute. Contact google. First with an email then a phone call. Insist they shut off adsense for that site.

Otherwise these idiots will just yank your article, but they won't stop stealing articles.

It is a double edged sword, I have plenty of that happening to me also. I choose to let it be and keep developing my sites. I understand your pain, that is just what I do. I feel that going after these people is a waste of time.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

yeah, it's not so simple as "contact the host". sometimes it comes down to common decency...if there is such a thing. from what i have heard, claiming a few sentences of common knowledge does not stand much of a chance of withstanding a copyright challenge...and if you want to do that then you are in the wrong business...lol. if it was extensive i would do it anyway, especially if its a challenge to your own serp results if you cant get any satisfaction...otherwise what does it matter (other than principle).

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Nail the article and site scrapers as evry one of their trrowaway "made for adsense" sites all use a common account. Get Google to yank one offending site and you've whacked their other sites too.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Nail the article and site scrapers as evry one of their trrowaway "made for adsense" sites all use a common account. Get Google to yank one offending site and you've whacked their other sites too.

sounds like a good angle to me.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread