Unhappy 4th day: still no reply to missed tracking sale inquiry
    A colleague of mine who wanted to sign up for Yahoo Search Marketing clicked on my banner to do so earlier this month. The sale never showed up on my CJ reports, so I asked him to send me his order email -which he did.

I forwarded that information on to CJ 4 days ago, and have still received ZERO reply. Is this typical for CJ?

I'm a new affiliate, been with them for just over a month.

Can anyone share from their experiences about how much success I might have with getting CJ to give me my $30 commission for the Yahoo sale?

Maybe.......
    Quote Originally Posted by RickPlmr
    A colleague of mine who wanted to sign up for Yahoo Search Marketing clicked on my banner to do so earlier this month. The sale never showed up on my CJ reports, so I asked him to send me his order email -which he did.

I forwarded that information on to CJ 4 days ago, and have still received ZERO reply. Is this typical for CJ?

I'm a new affiliate, been with them for just over a month.

Can anyone share from their experiences about how much success I might have with getting CJ to give me my $30 commission for the Yahoo sale?
    Maybe you should start with Yahoo first. Then if Yahoo says the sale tracked, they can make sure that you get your commish one way or another. Make Yahoo do the leg work. If CJ is implicated, then it would be best that YAHOO adresses the issue with them.
    The best things in life are not things at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Airstrip
    Maybe you should start with Yahoo first. Then if Yahoo says the sale tracked, they can make sure that you get your commish one way or another. Make Yahoo do the leg work. If CJ is implicated, then it would be best that YAHOO adresses the issue with them.
    Thanks for your reply. I sent yahoosearchmarketing@cj.com an email describing the situation. Hopefully I'll get a reply from them.

15 years and counting
    RickPlmr - I forwarded that information on to CJ 4 days ago, and have still received ZERO reply. Is this typical for CJ?
    Give them some time. You don't expect them to work on a Sunday. You'll be lucky to get your information in less than a few weeks. They have to contact Yahoo to confirm the sale. On top of that, their customer service is overloaded by other problems.
    Your best bet is to contact the Yahoo Search Marketing AM directly thru CJ email or directly.
    CJ is pretty reliable, but we're not working in a perfect world. CJ will credit the sale IF the right conditions are met.
    Yahoo don't pay automatically, they Batch Process Transactions. It means it can take a few days before your commission shows up. Last batch was July 7th. They don't do it everyday. Be patient.

Zeus is right, especially about CJ support being very (VERY) slow right now. Also, note that the email address you sent that to is a CJ address not a Yahoo address. This usually indicates that CJ is running their affiliate program, not Yahoo so you may actaully be back talking to CJ instead of Yahoo.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I'd be far more concerned about the fact that the sale did not get tracked and reported than with whether I get the measley 30 bucks on the one tracking failure that I happen know about. What about the ones you don't know about?

Your time would be better spent promoting programs that might track the sales and pay you for efforts.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I sent an email to CJ on July 5th about an untracked order. The ticket is still open, so don't hold your breath.

Fyi, my case was wonderfully resolved by the merchant, who ended up going back over my sales from the past few months, eventually crediting me $880
    in unreported commissions.

Good luck to you.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread