Affiliate Scripts Website
    Hi,

The reason I signed up to this site is to try and let people know about a website i've built which i'm trying to get off the ground. Its a site for webmasters to upload their affiliate scripts to, so the affiliate business type people can use them to create their websites.

Anyone who's worked in the affiliate business for a while starts to appreciate that there is a lot more to creating a good website than just coding, you need to have excellent marketing skills and a unique way to sell your idea or website to the world. I guess what i'm trying to say is you can't be good at everything, and those people who are good at selling, are rarely also good at actually creating websites and programming. So this site is for them. Offering a central resource to pick up great little scripts written by coders who couldn't sell ice to the eskimos!

You can find the site at affiliatescripts.co.uk, and i'd welcome any thoughts, opinions or scripts anyone would like to upload to the site.

Thanks
    Tom

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    hmmm interesting site I have been trying to learn about such stuff I have bookmarked it. One small thing When I visited the PHP section it had various areas and Miscellaneous was listed twice. (I just went back and looked and you have Miscellaneous listed twice EVERYWHERE)
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

Quote Originally Posted by tom0407
    ...i'd welcome any thoughts, opinions or scripts anyone would like to upload to the site.
    Tom,

I think this is a wonderful idea. I'd love to see it expanded, and the possibilities are limitless. My question for you at this juncture is that any script that is uploaded or referred -- are they confirmed by you for validity, viruses, spam, malicious behavior, etc???

Also, how about including in your description of each script if the scripts are free, shareware, or requiring payment under the "details" and "visit site" buttons?

Just some quick thoughts that initially came to mind when visiting.

It's a 41 script (GUI and (C) infringing) version of www.hotscripts.com
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    It's a 41 script (GUI and (C) infringing) version of www.hotscripts.com
    I am assuming that what is being inferred is that TOM is posting for the sole reason of driving traffic to this copyright protected site? Hmmm. I guess this thread is a another prime example of the belligerence that goes on in this arena. Hence, the need for security.

Btw, what is a "41 script." Is there a way to prevent such copyright infringing actions from being executed upon our own sites?

Monkey -

On the old Odd Couple ---

Felix Unger: [to woman on witness stand] Ah... you *assumed*. My dear, you should never *assume*. You see, when you *assume*
    [writes the word "assume" on a blackboard]
    Felix Unger: , you make an *ass*... out of *you*... and *me*.
    Source
    Tom has 41 scripts on his site, and it looks like hotscripts gui and (C). If you would have clicked the link in my post or gone to tom's site, you would have seen what my response was instead of "Assuming".
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Monkey -
    Tom has 41 scripts on his site, and it looks like hotscripts gui and (C). If you would have clicked the link in my post or gone to tom's site, you would have seen what my response was instead of "Assuming".
    You're crackin' me up with assumptions, Haiko. Okay. Let's just put this baby to bed. Good night.

Hi,

Thanks for the comments, this is a lively forum

I'll make sure I remove one of the Miscellaneous categories.

Also I wasn't planning to vet everything that comes through, but in retrospect perhaps this would be a good idea as it would help improve quality and set it apart from more general sites like hotscripts.com

I appreciate the similarities between our sites too and hotscripts is an excellent example of a great script website, but I think its a little harsh to say its a complete rip off. The idea is actually original I think which is pretty unusual on the net these days. I'm obviously not trying to compete with hotscripts, what would be the point!? That's a hugely successful and established website. I'm just trying to offer a niche website for the affiliate marketing industry. I work in affiliate marketing every day as a coder myself and I appreciate that there are a lot of great scripts that are being developed by coders such as myself who would love to be able to sell them to other less technical people.

I'll take all your comments on board though and appreciate if they keep coming. I'm going to add those extra details as you mentioned as well ABCMonkey

I wasn't just posting for the sole reason of driving traffic, hence the purposeful lack of direct link. I'm just interested in your opinions and your scripts if you have any good ones you want to promote.

Thanks,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tom0407
    I'm going to add those extra details as you mentioned as well ABCMonkey I wasn't just posting for the sole reason of driving traffic, hence the purposeful lack of direct link. I'm just interested in your opinions and your scripts if you have any good ones you want to promote. Thanks, Tom
    Hey Tom, I certainly did not assume that you were conspiring to create a ripoff site, and I wish you the best of luck on your venture. It definitely has a different look.

But, no matter what, with sites like yours, there is bound to be duplicated links. I mean, look at all the coupon sites out there. Doesn't make you a ripoff artist, though. Besides, you could have received written consent or licensing from the copyright owner as far as I know. Or maybe, you simply found the links yourself through your own efforts. Who knows? It's not for me to say or crap on.

Best of luck. I've bookmarked you. Do well!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread