Restrictions, etc! Need Help
    I've e-mailed the administrator on this to no avail, so maybe this community can help out.

I understand there are restrictions for new users (like looking up a profile, sending PM's, etc). I can't find it in FAQ's, but how many posts do I need to make before I can contact a particular user or view my profile, or anyone else's??? It is a bit frustrating receiving a generic notification every time I attempt to contact someone or view profiles without explanation.

Sorry 'bout that. Just frustrated, that's all.

ABW Ambassador
    Takes some time, one day it'll be there. No one can tell you the amount of posts or it goes up. Sometimes there are people just signing for the sole purpose of dropping a sig or spamming members, that kind of thing. Just one of the things to curb that type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Takes some time, one day it'll be there. No one can tell you the amount of posts or it goes up. Sometimes there are people just signing for the sole purpose of dropping a sig or spamming members, that kind of thing. Just one of the things to curb that type of thing.
    Well, I am here with good intentions, and sometimes not thinking like an abusive person.

However, on the other hand, I'd like to see some more clairity in the FAQ's that such restrictions exist, or even before I sign up. Not that it would make a difference, I would have joined anyway since I enjoy being part of a group of dedicated professionals. Just that I am also a sort of anal retentive detail expecting individual. At least I visited the FAQ's before I posted, that at least says something.

I do appreciate your reply. I guess I will wake up one day and find that I will be able to visit profiles of others I see posting here. I guess not receiving a reply from the administrator sort of made me feel like that my question was ignored.

Thanks again!

I did not recive a single email from you.

Additionally, if you bothered to look at the stickies in this very forum (they are called that and stickied for a reason ) you'd find the answers to your Qs.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    I did not recive a single email from you.

Additionally, if you bothered to look at the stickies in this very forum (they are called that and stickied for a reason ) you'd find the answers to your Qs.
    Haiko, I don't know specifically if the email was sent to you. I used the following form:

http://forum.abestweb.com/sendmessage.php

Thus, if you did not receive it, then it might be a signal that the form submission is in error. Why would I lie about this???

Lastly, "bothering" to look at the stickies in every single thread forum for a piece of information that globally affects every single thread forum doesn't really make sense and is inefficient. Hence, the reason I checked the FAQ's. It was purely arbitrary I posted here, and would never had thought to seek out this particular forum out of numerous others to seek out this information.

No disrespect, but I am a bit taken aback by the insulting defensive stance and attack on my integrity. Not necessarily the best approach to keep up morale if speaking about a dissatisfactory experience publicly results in a slam by the a lead administrator.

My answer would have been:

I apologize for the lack of response but I unfortunately did not receive your email. However, for future reference, you may find the answer to your question in the following location:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=55801

The sticky does not necessarily address the specifics of your question for security reasons, but if you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me at the following location:

http://forum.abestweb.com/sendmessage.php

Thank you and enjoy our community.

Administrator

IMHO, a much better approach than the answer given since the answer given only gave me a negative impression of you. I may be a newbie in the affiliate ring, but I have decades of customer service and community management experience (said only to punctuate my high standards for excellence).

No need to get defensive when diplomacy can win new visitors and the confidence of existing community members.

Quote Originally Posted by ABCMonkey
    Why would I lie about this???
    Why would I?

... and as for my "insulting and defensive response" --- LMAO!

It is quite clear from your "dissertation" that it was you who was insulted. Look, I'll make this simple ... membership is free, you contribute then you get rights, you don't ... and you won't. This is not a matter of diplomacy it's a matter of give and take. So please save your time and make affiliate pages and don't go into hypothetical nor suggested responses, your not the Queen of England, and it's 3:35AM.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar

" your not the Queen of England, and it's 3:35AM." Haiko you kill me ...

But ABCMonkey had me going, too. ABCMonkey, hope you stick around - I, for one, look forward to more of your levity and well written posts and welcome another anal retentive individual to help expose grammatical and spelling errors.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABCMonkey,

Here's a tip: mellow out and get acquainted with the board.
    Have you used the search function yet? Try it.
    Read posts and join in (but try not to have a chip on your shoulder).
    If you participate with a good attitude (that doesn't mean you have to agree and bob your head like a bobblehead, you can differ in your opinions but try to keep cool) everything will come to you
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Hug it out everybody, it's late, it's going to be ok Here is the thread to read:

It's all good player!

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Why would I?

... and as for my "insulting and defensive response" --- LMAO!

It is quite clear from your "dissertation" that it was you who was insulted. Look, I'll make this simple ... membership is free, you contribute then you get rights, you don't ... and you won't. This is not a matter of diplomacy it's a matter of give and take. So please save your time and make affiliate pages and don't go into hypothetical nor suggested responses, your not the Queen of England, and it's 3:35AM.
    Yes, I was indeed insulted and was not indicating otherwise. And I am not disagreeing with your security policy, either, Haiko. I agree with it. I only hoped to find it in the most obvious of places (FAQ's) for a person joining such a community.

However, my grievance in response to yours was not so much the placement inasmuch as the attitude behind the post. From my perspective, it was just plain disrespectful. It was what I was feeling when you responded. And this is important constructive information since in no way am I a person of ill intentions. You don't necessarily need to agree, and visa versa. I was simply offering a different approach that just might make a newbie here feel more welcome, even if they have a greivance.

I understand your policy. I respect them. And now no where to find the sticky with such information. I am not particularly fond of you at the moment, and certainly not very confident that we will get along much since I already have a sense of disapproval of your perceived attitude. Nonetheless, I hope that in time, this will be all water under the bridge.

Of course, I will always speak my mind with as much constructive tact as I possibly can. Diplomacy is what this place is about because real people are involved, not avatars.

It is a shame you did not receive my original note and that a reply was not sent. But that wasn't the case. I was unhappy, and sought out public aid along with a dissatisfying remark about the "perceived" lack of response. We're adults, deal with it. However, it is now clear to me that, based on what you said, you did not receive the original note, and I apologize for assuming that the form worked and that you received my note when, in alleged fact, you did not. I have no issues conceding to this. Other than that, I stand by my words.

If you would like to extend your apologize, I will accept. Otherwise, I am content and hope that all will be well with time. Good luck!

It's all good player!

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
    Okay, just please don't tell my Mommy that I am up past my bedtime
    I always get in trouble
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Hug it out everybody, it's late, it's going to be ok Here is the thread to read:

Thx, Trust, for the link. I'm not angry. I just have a habit of speaking my mind and get long winded with the details for the sake of outlining such detailed clairity. Haiko and I just got started on the wrong foot. All will be well, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ABCMonkey
    If you would like to extend your apologize, I will accept.

Holy Fudge!

It *is* the Queen!

http://www.ddripandelli.it/ourworld/..._the_Queen.mp3

Your Majesty, please forgive my misdoings, allow me to take fault for your laziness in not clicking stickies and this ever so dreadful software which dost protest sending mail to your "ever" so loyal subject.

God save our gracious Queen
    Long live our noble Queen,
    God save the Queen:
    Send her victorious,
    Happy and glorious,
    Long to reign over us:
    God save the Queen.

O Lord, our God, arise,
    Scatter thine enemies,
    And make them fall:
    Confound their politics,
    Frustrate their knavish tricks,
    On thee our hopes we fix:
    God save us all.

Thy choicest gifts in store,
    On her be pleased to pour;
    Long may she reign:
    May she defend our laws,
    And ever give us cause
    To sing with heart and voice
    God save the Queen.

Word to the wise ->Relax buddy, relax and now it's 4:15AM so no more, my sides hurt.

[closed]
    Continued Success,

Haiko

15. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread