Do you hire?
    Being a single-man operation, it takes a good long time (well, a max of a few weeks) to sign up with a merchant(s) and develop a decent site. It works fine for me now, but i wonder how much better I can be doing, if I can get one additional site online per month.

My question is: does anyone here hire help (i.e., through advertisements online) to have sites developed for you? Not talking about the one-pagers, but sites that incorporate a datafeed for instance.

If so, do you take any precautions to ensure that the hired person won't turn right around and put the same site up for themselves?

And, to protect my life - I'm talking quality here! No desire to associate with web pollution..

Thanks!
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

Talking
    You had better have plenty of money to pay someone up-front until the new site begans to make money for you - if ever.

Maybe it would be better to have someone mantain a site you already have, and that will generate enough money to have someone maintain it for you, and for you to build the new sites yourself.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    You had better have plenty of money to pay someone up-front until the new site begans to make money for you - if ever.
    Yeah, I really don't know how much the going rate is. I was thinking in lines of 20 to 30k for a project... kidding..
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com

ABW Ambassador
    This is a practice used by a number of super affiliates.

It all comes down to trust imo

Face to face networking is the place to start looking for Mr/Ms right.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm seriously thinking of outsourcing certain things to save time. I can't see myself ever outsourcing everything, and couldn't ever feel comfortable having one person do everything, but some *parts* would OK.

It all comes down to trust imo
    I've met a couple of people here at ABW but not face to face, and I feel I can trust them. I've actually asked one person about taking on a certain task, and asked how much it would be, and they said they'd do it for $0 - but I wouldn't dream of not paying.

But I don't think of it in terms of "hiring" when it's someone I know and am friendly with, it's just an exchange of services for cash, paying for some needed help.
    Last edited by webworker; July 24th, 2006 at 09:58 AM.

There's also the issue of quality. In some areas (like graphics and sometimes writing copy), it's easy to find people who have far more talent than you do. In other areas, it's really hard to find people who have the knowledge and experience to do as good of a job as you would like.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks for the feedback!

I can't afford to pay someone thousands to develop a site - it's just not in my budget now. However, I thought about posting these projects on some of the freelance sites for a few hundred bucks a pop. Like I said, I'm not sure how far that'll get me, as I still need to research it.

As far as whether my sites will be profitable - I've managed so far by creating "test" sites (simple one-pagers) for PPC marketing. It's when they become profitable where I'll then put a bunch of work into it. I figured by hiring someone for these projects, maybe I can get an additional one or two up per month, and manage them from there.

Anyway, it's all speculation right now. I'd love to share some of the work, as it's tedious right now. I hold a full-time job, so I only get 6 hours or so per night, plus weekend to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    There's also the issue of quality. In some areas (like graphics and sometimes writing copy), it's easy to find people who have far more talent than you do. In other areas, it's really hard to find people who have the knowledge and experience to do as good of a job as you would like.
    Yeah, that's a nagging concern as well. I suppoes the first step is to detail it all out.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread