Cancel my account!!
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]
    Director of Affiliate Operations
    [EMAIL="jon.lyons@fluxads.com"][SIZE=1]jon.lyons@fluxads.com[/SIZE][/EMAIL][SIZE=1] | 1-877-GO-2-FLUX | [URL="http://www.fluxads.com/"]FluxAds.com[/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]LinkedIn: [URL]http://www.linkedin.com/in/jrlyons[/URL][/SIZE]

Unbelievable. Thanks for sharing.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    Ya the rep got fired. But really it should be someone higher up that came up with these tactics.

I am so glad I never used AOL. Even in the old days of the interent I found a local company and they helped me by giving me a copy of setup sheet in person.

No problems and damn fast connection too. But that was 33.6 if I remember right.

Of course the guy got fired. Not the people who wrote the book that he was probably reading from with all of the tabs for what to say when people have various responses to why they are cancelling.

They also probably have a board up somewhere showing the number of people that reps have been able to keep on board and give prizes for who can retain the most.

No Joe-blow employee is going to go to that length if he isn't under some kind of mandate to do so.

Sheri

Quote Originally Posted by Sheri
    Of course the guy got fired. Not the people who wrote the book that he was probably reading from with all of the tabs for what to say when people have various responses to why they are cancelling.

They also probably have a board up somewhere showing the number of people that reps have been able to keep on board and give prizes for who can retain the most.

No Joe-blow employee is going to go to that length if he isn't under some kind of mandate to do so.

Sheri
    Agreed! I'm sure it's standard protocol to harass...i mean.."help"...their members when they are looking to cancel their accounts.
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]
    Director of Affiliate Operations
    [EMAIL="jon.lyons@fluxads.com"][SIZE=1]jon.lyons@fluxads.com[/SIZE][/EMAIL][SIZE=1] | 1-877-GO-2-FLUX | [URL="http://www.fluxads.com/"]FluxAds.com[/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]LinkedIn: [URL]http://www.linkedin.com/in/jrlyons[/URL][/SIZE]

I had a horrid time canceling the account for my granddaughter even after they had moved!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I cancelled my AOL account (a backup testing account) a long time ago. I did not have a problem actually. But I do believe that the customer service rep could have used a little better judgement when the aggravation level increased. However, I'm sure this guy wasn't a high paid employee and it's highly probable that AOL has policies to retain customers with tactics to counter adversity. Unfortunately, the lower level employees are seemingly the fall guys. I doubt AOL would come out and tell the public about their retention policies.

Tell everyone you know: you don't need AOL. No one needs AOL. They are on par with REAL Networks as far as sleaziness goes in my mind.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread