Question Looking for Japanese and other Int'l Traffic. Have any?
    We've recently been brought an exclusive campaign opportunity for the Japanese market. Does anyone know reliable CPL publishers/affiliates/agencies that can help drive traffic for this offer?

In general we are getting more and more requests for International campaigns. I'd love some suggestions to reach markets in Germany, Mexico, Spain, Italy, Russia, etc. I'm OK with English speaking countries but finding myself outside of comfort zone for the others.

I think international expansion is an interesting direction for the internet marketplace. Your thoughts on this strategy? The benefits and issues associated with it?

Jennine Rexon
    President
    Rex Direct Net, Inc.
    Rextopia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rextopia
    I think international expansion is an interesting direction for the internet marketplace. Your thoughts on this strategy? The benefits and issues associated with it?
    One main issue i face with international merchants is the translation of their merchandising text.

I dont think there's any aff network that provides a translation from merchants native language to affiliates native language.

This translation is only required when obtaining links from the aff network/ aff program (in order to know what it means, so the links can be placed correctly), not while pasting it on the affiliate site. because the targeted audience would understand the language.

Did you check this out?

http://dynamicconverter.com/

ive never tried it

Good point. Translation is an issue. The only way for me to feel comfortable with the campaign and communication is to have someone on staff that speaks the "foreign" language. It may prove to be a big barrier are we move into new markets.

Still..where there is a will, there is a way.

Right now, just finding an affiliate or agency with quality traffic internationally is proving difficult.

Jennine
    President
    Rex Direct Net, Inc.
    Rextopia.com

http://dynamicconverter.com/

Interesting tool. I'll have to experiment with it to see if it works!

Jennine

Quote Originally Posted by Rextopia
    Right now, just finding an affiliate or agency with quality traffic internationally is proving difficult.
    I'm planning to build an international affiliate site myself but, I'm working single-handedly so it will take some time before the international sections of my site are ready to handle such programs.

My basic US site is not ready yet, everyday I'm buliding a little bit more on it.

I think it would be great if like you said, there was someone in your marketing team that would provide translations and cusomize merchandizing text according to what the affiliate knows, that it works.

But all of these things mean extra cost to you as a merchant, so I guess it's a matter of profits vs. expenses and the total number of affiliates you can get to take part in international marketing.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread