View Poll Results: Followup Poll - how many hours?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • A few hours per month or less.

0 0%
  • A few hours per week.

4 9.09%
  • A few hours per day.

9 20.45%
  • At least 8 hours a day!

11 25.00%
  • I'm obsessed. I can't stop!

20 45.45%
    ABW Ambassador
    Okay, in light of the great answers given on the intial poll, I submit the following poll: (yea, I'm pretty sure we all know where it's going, but just to be thorough. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

How much time to you spend at your AM "job"

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

ABW Ambassador
    Wow..I must be the only person at 8 hours a day. I work around my family, do late nights etc. I wish I could give more, but my family is too important.

------------------------------------------------------------Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open. Thomas Dewar

Actually, this needs a little more definition. For example, when it comes to actually, really working on my site(s), I'd say probably a few hours a day. But then, if you add in the times I spend here on the board, the hours start going into "obsessive." [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

And I get the feeling I'm not the only one on this board with similar stats!

J

ABW Ambassador
    Well no great surprise!

This poll follows pretty much the other one:

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...wpollresults=Y

just as I suspected. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

So the conclusion? Yes, you can make a living with AM, but it's no "part time job." [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks to all that voted. Really good stuff here at ABW.

A few hours per day. Too much computer is not good.

Once I spent buiding a site 12 hours NON STOP. After that 2 days I was power less...

In 4-5 hours I can do everything.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Agree with Dapyx, its better to do this 4 to 5 hours a day. Better around 3 hrs in the morning and 2 hours after lunch, some break in between.

I usually avoid doing work into the night as this hampers with my sleep. Makes my mind wild awake at night thinking about AM thus reducing my productivity.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    The answer depends on if time spent checking stats (just for the sake of it but not to really make business decisions off of) and time spent at ABW counts.

Most of the year I spend a few hours/week actually w*rking (ie, real productive activity) on my sites. But I always spend MANY hours a day watching the transactions roll in, and on ABW.

The exception is the runup to the Christmas season (Now-Early November), when effort SURGES as I try to get as much new stuff up as possible before the season ends! But as soon as that Googlebot makes his run in November, that's IT--back to chilling 97% of the time and just watching the fruits come in during that glorious Nov-Dec rush!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

So is that "A few hours a week" or "I'm obsessed"?!? I didn't vote because none of the choices really fit. Usually it's a few hours a week of actual productivity, except for pre-Christmas when I'm trying to get as much stuff up as possible before the season ends. But I'm certainly obsessed with my STATS!

I suppose you could say I'm obsessed with being on the computer, but I'm equally obsessed with not allowing the sites to become a j*b. THE SITES work for ME--not the other way around.

I will say one thing, I LOVE this business! I don't really think of it as w*rk...even when I'm putting in more effort than usual. It's FUN! Asking me if it's w*rk is like asking a kid if taste-testing Hershey Bars or checking the throwability of baseballs (by playing with them) is w*rk! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's like playing SIMJOB [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Simjob. Heh.

Except I got up sometime yesterday afternoon and worked till 6am this morning when a friend came round, took me for a drive to do some shopping, watched an mpeg movie, then back to work.

Doing a full rollout on something and I'd like to get it finished before the Googlebot arrives.

I'll probably fall asleep early this evening. Dunno how many hours that will be. Too tired to count, I expect.

I

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Hmm, hard to figure out how many hours I "actually" do this a day.
    In between trying to keep track of 3 kids who live in this residence, and who are constantly trying to test my sanity, and a huge mutt who thinks she is human and tries to have a bath daily it get rather interesting around here.
    I kinda get into a routine of checking things out in the morning while having coffee, do a bit of work in the afternoon, and a lot of work late at night while the house is quiet.
    The one thing I am finding that is amazing to me, is that I can function on 3 hours of sleep, it's kinda neat seeing all these new pages and ideas come to life.
    I do keep a notebook handy all day to jot now new ideas and slogans for products, the hard part is trying to decipher it when I sit down to work. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Can you tell I love doing this and the novelty has not worn off yet? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Of all the things I've ever lost ... I miss my mind the most!

I take advantage of early mornings and get about 3 hours in in the morning, then around 3 hours in the afternoon and 3 hours at night. Hmmmmm....thats like a full time job! Plus taking care of two kids, and running a household, no wonder I'm insane [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Maria at ItsRainingBargains.com

Before I started AM. I was spending all my time on playing financial-strategy games.
    It's not a big difference... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    At this point, I'd say every waking moment is spent developing sites, checking stats, reading posts, then developing more sites - and I haven't slept since Easter.

But I can quit anytime I want to. Really.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

-Tom
    www.elbowcreek.com

I drank what?? -Socrates

ABW Ambassador
    >>But I can quit anytime I want to. Really<<

lol.

"The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes." -- Holly, from Red Dwarf

ABW Ambassador
    Forme, the problem is that the more I learn, the more I do, the more I make, the more I want to learn more, the more I do, the more I make, etc.....

It's getting to be a vicious cycle...

But I do take time outs... And I've still got a "real" business to run, so it's not constant.

But I include time here, and elsewhere on the net, because it's all releated in one way or another..

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread