Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Smile It's Doomsday!!!
    Well my wife has been going to a fitness centre this past few months and dragged me down for a "free guest" session.... next thing I know I'm signed up and booked in with a personal fitness traineer!

I feel fitter already!

I know I'll need the personal fitness traineer because when it comes to personal excercise I have all the discipline of pig in a apple store!

Anyone else have the same fitness discipline issues ?

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    Well my wife has been going to a fitness centre this past few months and dragged me down for a "free guest" session.... next thing I know I'm signed up and booked in with a personal fitness traineer!

I feel fitter already!

I know I'll need the personal fitness traineer because when it comes to personal excercise I have all the discipline of pig in a apple store!

Cheers

Chris
    Only when I don't get enough sleep the night before...
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

Affiliate Network Rep JustJustin's Avatar
    I'm pretty good with discipline, I go 3-4 times a week at 6:00am before I start work.

Starting off with a personal trainer will be great for motivation to start, just make sure they team you with someone you get along with and respond to. In this case, the partnership is important because he/she will need to be friendly, while at the same time, be hard on you and knowledgeable.

When you start to venture off solo into the gym, I highly recommend an MP3 player with uptempo music to keep you going.

Best of luck!
    Justin
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network
    [url=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]Join the Share Results affiliate network today![/url]
    e. justin @ shareresults.com
    t. 514-849-8595
    www.shareresults.com

When I have had a bad day or am just in a funk working out always helps so much. But, when I feel like that I can't get myself off the couch to go do it. So ridiculous! My sister is a work out junkie. She makes me go when I can't make myself. It's good that you and your wife can do it together.

I have a really hard time if I don't get a good nights rest but that only lasts for a short time until I get into the groove of working out. Maybe you and your wife could workout together. That way you have someone that's counting on your which might make you more motivated to go. Or not..

Starting off with a personal trainer will be great for motivation to start, just make sure they team you with someone you get along with and respond to. In this case, the partnership is important because he/she will need to be friendly, while at the same time, be hard on you and knowledgeable.
    JJ hit the nail on the head here. Make sure the stay focused on what YOU want. I've seen a number of them that are so set in one program that they don't hear what you say your goals are. If you don't get a good vibe right away ask for a different one for your next session.

I had one once that was set on bulking up Anold Pump-You-Up routines. I wanted to trim down and tone not build. Not a good match and I dumped him fast..
    [SIZE=1][URL=http://www.tastelessandtacky.com]Tasteless and Tacky Gear[/URL][/SIZE]

I love apples.

My exercise room is upstairs, and it's been over a year since I've worked out.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

They still make fitness clubs???
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Back when I was married I had several of those Gold VIP Membership deals in 3 different Gym/Spa programs. They seem to go bankrupt and then re-open with a new name quite often. I just worked out and jogged with the wifees to effect our sex lives. (Good or Bad )
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Cheers

Chris
    Congratulation Chris, finally you hit the Gym, Stay focused like you do with Affiliate Business

I go to gym 5 days a week after my work.
    Cheers,

Harry.
    Mondera Affiliate Manager
    http://www.mondera.com/affiliate_support/
    Winner of the LinkShare 2004 Golden Link Awards "Affiliate's Choice Award"
    Winner of the 2002 Abestweb.com "Best Affiliate Program Award"

Well first session was today, and I nearly had to be carried out on a stretcher. Traineer was great, lots of encouragement and we've outlined all my targets.

But it's not till i started doing some basic stuff that I realized how unfit I really am....I'm sure I'll feel better in 8 weeks or so, but I also know that if I didn't have the trainer there to push me along I'd be pottering around the fringes, doing 10 mins on the bike and 3 hours at the snack shop

So three trained sessions a week... taking my lap top tomorrow to see if I can pick up any wireless signals in the lounge...if I can then I can see myself being camped out there every day

Cheers

chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Hi Chris,

I have the same problem as you. Lots of good intentions but bever seem to get around to it. When I do actually have a workout, I feel so much better the next day and more energy to work (and play). Its keep the momentum going thats the real issue for me. Whenever I stop for some reason (illness, travel, etc.), its a devil to get back into the routine.

Good luck with the program.
    Colin
    Jigsaw2order

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I cut out every drink but water, and lost 18 pounds in six weeks, earlier this year. I now drink about 90% water, with an occasional soda, and the weight seems to be stable. Even diet sodas seem to have salt in them, which makes you retain water, so I avoid them just as much as other sodas. I did not go on a diet, since I figured that if I do all of that at once, it will never last. So I decided to work it in phases. I have the sugar misuse takan care off, so now, perhaps I will cut a few items out of breakfast that are not really healthy.

Point is, not sure what you drink, but taking off any unnecessary weight will make your training easier.

Although I do have to admit, I had some intense migraines that first week! My body WANTED that sugar high.

As far as exercise goes, hey, I know of a great affiliate program that sells exercise videos, hehe....
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Point is, not sure what you drink, but taking off any unnecessary weight will make your training easier.
    I drink coffee more than anything else, we did a body composition check and found I have a low water volume so I have to drink more water, my trainer said

" as much water as you can drink, limit yourself to one cup of coffee per day, black no sugar, and orange juice"

The last juice and water I can do...the one cup per day of coffee...ouch! (don't take sugar in it)

Session two was yesterday focused on endurance, weight loss and upper body strength. Found out I have no chest muscles

Tempted to take some before and after pics...but they'll never see the light if I fail

Sadly no wireless reaches the gym.... but there are coffee shops in the mall where I can dash out for some email, coffee, cake, 2 lites of cola!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were doing some bike training in the RPM center they have, I was close to tears, I haven't cried out in agony for some time but I was at the very end of my endurance when we finished, had the urge to get (fall) off the bike and do my traineer some serious harm (weakly slap him around the feet) and was held in check only by the mere fact that I had no energy left and he'd probably beat me down with one hand while sleeping

So far so good... apparently it's okay to cry and scream

Outsourced Program Manager Rick - Bitcom's Avatar
    Hang in there Chris. The secret is to make it a part of your daily routine. I go 3 times a week and the only thing that gets me there is the hot tub that I start my routine with. LOL

I just bought a yoga/pilates dvd....the excersizes look real fun! Maybe next week I'll give it a try....
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

So far so good, trip to Hong Kong threw my diet out of the window for 4 days, and the biggest challenge I have found is going out with friends, everyone ordering what they like and I'm picking through the menu for anything not cooked in oil.... and then there's the beer...or rather lack of it

Cheers

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by suzigeek
    I just bought a yoga/pilates dvd....the excersizes look real fun! Maybe next week I'll give it a try....
    Good luck Suzi! I'm a huuuuge pilates fan and cannot help gushing to everyone about the results I've gotten from it
    Julia
    Affiliate Marketing Manager
    Share Results Network
    [email=julia@shareresults.com]julia@shareresults.com[/email]
    [URL=http://www.shareresults.com]http://www.shareresults.com[/URL]

I've managed it a few times but I went out of town for a couple of weeks after I bought it and I'm now trying to get back into it. The work out feels good though...

Thanks for the encouragement. Its good to hear from someone thats had successful results!!
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Well I started August 5th I think it was, and now it's Sept 8th and so far I've shed 6kg (13lbs).... just can't work out WHERE that weight went from ?

I've not eaten fried or fast food for a month, no cake, no soft drinks, no pasta, no noodles. Limited bread and rice.... lots of fruit, fish, Chicken and Salad, working out three times a week.

It's fun when it works Some of the guys I play footie with are recommending a Blood Type Diet , one guy says he can't believe the impact it had on his ability to feel more energetic and sleep better, anyone else tried this?

Cheers

Chris

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    About two months ago I started exercising an hour, six days a week.

I do 20 minutes on the elliptical machine and two 20 minute sets of yoga. My routine breaks down to 20 minutes aerobic, 20 minutes flexibility and conditioning and 20 minutes strength training. I haven't lost much weight but boy things are sure tightening up.

Ladies...if you want to get a great looking butt you have to work out on an elliptical! It's like a cross between a stair stepper, exercise bike and rowing machine. (Now if I could just find an exercise machine that would lift my wrinkles.)

I LOVE YOGA!!! I can recommend the Yoga Zone DVDs which are available at Amazon if you can't find them locally.

I've never followed it but I have a book on it and according to my blood type I'm a high protien and barely any veggies or grains.

I have to say I feel my best when I'm eating a mostly protien diet, moreso w/eggs, red meat, and fish than when I eat chicken. So there may some truth to it. Also my friends Mom followed it and lost 25 -30 pounds so it worked for her. (that was the reason I bought the book)
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I hired a famous "Personal Trainer to the Stars", naivley thinking I would eventually look like Lou Ferrigno or Arnold.

$75 a session x 3 sessions a week a 4 years = $46,800

The embarrasing pic attached is basically the best I could be.

Seems I needed to be born with a different body type to begin with, eat a lot more food then I could digest, and some dribble about not smoking

So I stopped. Now I'm back to happy flab
    Attached Images Attached Images

$75 a session x 3
    Ouch, makes me glad to be over here in Thailand, PT sessions here are costing me $20 per hour.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Yea, but you don't have Morgan Fairchild switching her sessions around all the time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast