ABW Ambassador
    Amazon Contextual Omakase Links
    Anybody using them, trying them out?

What are Omakase Links?

With Omakase Links, Associates can now automatically display the products and content that visitors to the page are most likely to buy. Adding Omakase Links to your pages is easy. Use the Build Links tool to select the appearance and behavior of the ad, and then simply cut-and-paste the code into your template or Web page. Your page will now display Omakase Links and after a short learning period, the ads will be optimized based on what the Associate has been successful with in the past; what that user has been interested in; and what the site is about.
    Because Omakase Links optimize on more than just the page itself, Associates may see a range of different products in their links but they will also see that the links learn what their visitors want. In fact, because Omakase Links aim to show the right product to the right person, each person visiting their site may see different products.

Thanks for the intro. Does this conflict with YPN or google ads? Will it slow down the web site?
    [LEFT]-[URL=http://www.ableaffiliate.com]www.AbleAffiliate.com[/URL]-
    :approval:
    Free Affiliate Program Directory for Submission[/LEFT]

ABW Ambassador
    I'm not sure about conflicting with the Adsense, I have to reread those rules. It's contextual but unlike Adsense it doesn't pay for the click, it pays by sale.

ABW Ambassador
    You're allowed to use them with Adsense. Not sure about Yahoo.

http and a telephoto
    Thanks for the info Trust!!!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    No problem, someone else had the same question about Adsense and Omakase and that was the response from Google, that they can be on the same page. Will try a few out.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Anybody using them, trying them out?

What are Omakase Links?

With Omakase Links, Associates can now automatically display the products and content that visitors to the page are most likely to buy.
    I think their javascript or magic script keyword links have automatically turned into that. I never know what I will see on one of my pages

In the "early days" Amazon offered something called "E-Z Links" which displayed baseball gloves on my site -- hey, I like baseball and I especially admire handsome baseball players but I stopped the "E-Z Links" because of my lack of control.

The keyword links used to display random books in a category: if I used "flowers" as a keyword, I'd see a really nice variety.

Are Omakase Links even more specialized than keyword links? I thought they were pretty much the same thing. I still like to use static to bring attention to particular titles.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    They're different. I know they have Easy Links now that I use with the banners that rotate promotions and things like that. Then you have recommended products links where you might pick a category or keywords and they serve stuff up based on that.

Now with Omakase it's contextual like Adsense but with a twist it seems:

"Your page will now display Omakase Links and after a short learning period, the ads will be optimized based on what the Associate has been successful with in the past; what that user has been interested in; and what the site is about."

What the site is about is like Adsense. Then you have 2 other things:
    What the associate has been successful with in the past and
    What that user has been interested in. Not exactly sure how they're tracking that. There's a few ways I imagine.

Next to Google, Amazon probably has more information on people and their online buying habits than anybody else. It's always a bit eerie to me when I go to a page with an Amazon ad that knows my name. And some of their recommendations have been spot on. I wonder if they're using that same info to serve up these ads.
    But are you still master of your domain?

I put some up and so far have not really seen any positive returns. I'm going to run them about 2 weeks before I decide whether to switch them out. If I at least see traffic (if not orders), I will keep some up. I might have to move things around a little bit because I think they might only be good on my pages which have very specific content instead of the pages (like the main page) that have a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

Tricia
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

i think their products are not targeted to that "page theme" much,
    not contextual really, i would prefer you can plug in one or two keyword phases to fine tune the result.

more like "Amazon Recommended for You" stuffs

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread