Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager
    Monetize User Generated Content - Bounce.cc
    Hello everyone,

I am very excited to announce a cool new tool that Suluta Affiliate Marketing Services has developed and is currently testing in Beta. Bounce.cc does many cool things, but let's start off with the most basic, link conversion.

Using ClickInks as an example, if you go to:

clickinks.com/4818/HP-Printer-Ink-Cartridges.htm

directly, and don't have a cookie set, the "Priority Code" on the bottom of the page will be "DEFT".

Now, if you go through the bounce.cc converter, your link will look like this:

bounce.cc/redirect/bounce1.php?bounceID=1&bounceURL=http://www.clickinks.com/4818/HP-Printer-Ink-Cartridges.htm

and the priority code (the affiliate code) on the bottom of the page will be 123897.

Thus, the direct link was converted to an affiliate link on the fly.

Advantages:

Network independence

If a merchant changes their network, and continues to offer deep linking, we simply change the link on our end, and all of your links should continue to work provided that you are approved to the program on the new network. Please note that this will not be the case if the merchant changes their link structure.

Forums

We are working on scripts so that you can prepend all links in your forums with the bounce.cc redirect. This will allow you to monetize user generated content with minimal effort.

Feel free to test it out in our test forum here: http://www.suluta.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1

username: demo
    password: demo123

Blogs

As with forums, prepend your "comments" section with the bounce.cc redirect, and your user generated product links will be automatically transformed into affiliate links. We are working on a tutorial on how to do this with WordPress, it should be done next week. Please feel free to post with directions on how to do this with other blogging or forum software.

Feel free to test it out in our test blog here: http://suluta.com/blog/?p=3#comments

Fee Structure

Every 5th click will be replaced with the Bounce affiliate Id, EXCEPT for merchants who sponsor their links. These are designated as "[FREE]" in the bounce interface.

Bounce will also insert it's affiliate Id into any merchant that you do not select in the interface. However there is a report available so that you can identify these and join these programs.

Merchants & OPMs

You may offer to sponsor a their link, so that it can be free for affiliates. Please contact me for details.

Getting Started

Please email me for more details if you'd like to be a beta tester, or if you'd like to be informed of when Bounce comes out of beta.

I am sure I didn't cover everything, so please feel free to post, IM, or email me with any questions.
    Last edited by Michael Nunez; February 2nd, 2007 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Added Demo Forum and Demo Blog

Beautiful development, Michael! WTG!!

Geno

Internet Cowboy
    I see big things in your future Mr. Nunez. This is a really cool tool and will no doubt push your programs over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Beautiful development, Michael! WTG!!

Geno
    Thanks Geno, you know I had to announce using my friends over at ClickInks as an example .

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I see big things in your future Mr. Nunez. This is a really cool tool and will no doubt push your programs over the top.
    Thanks UncleScooter. This isn't just for my programs, though, they are for any program that wants to use it .

http and a telephoto
    Is beta testing for merchants or for affiliates? Or both? I'm interested...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Is beta testing for merchants or for affiliates? Or both? I'm interested...
    Hey Loxly,

Yup, beta is for both Merchants and Affiliates. I'll contact you to get started.

-Michael

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    The journey begins Michael - and it sounds like it will be a good one! Best of luck with your new tool and for a successful Beta run.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    The journey begins Michael - and it sounds like it will be a good one! Best of luck with your new tool and for a successful Beta run.

Thanks Alan. I know that this will be useful to almost every affiliate.

Michael,

It's a pretty interesting tool. Will get in touch with you soon regarding this.

cheers!
    -nishith

Quote Originally Posted by nish
    Michael,

It's a pretty interesting tool. Will get in touch with you soon regarding this.

cheers!
    -nishith
    Thanks Nish. Since you have two programs (inhouse and SAS), eventually we would allow the person to choose which program they wanted to redirect to.

Contact me when you want to discuss further.

-Michael

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    So if a blog or forum used your service... and a member posted a link to a website somewhere... bounce looks up that domain in it's database to see if the page being pointed to, can be an affiliate link instead of what the member linked to (the site has an aff program and can deep link)... and it automatically converts the posted url to a bounce url instead... so the forum owners outgoing links all become, where ever possible (where they have an aff progam), aff links, so that the forum owner is monetizing outbound links automatically...

Is that what it does?

Towards better understanding the bounce service, can you briefly tell me what options/settings a forum/blog owner has to choose from in their account (or where's the help page)? The one you just told Nish about is when a merchant has more than one network/platform, you can select which one you prefer - what else you got in your bag of tricks?

Is it all javascript so that search engines don't "see" outbound links and does that improve seo by not leaking out PR as much as it would without the bounce service in place? Seems like it would help seo...

If I got it right on what it does... regarding the fees to come later... will it just be a flat service fee, a percent of sales (don't see how you could track sales - I'm assuming each merchants signs up with CJ, SAS, etc - and that you're not using subIds and writing checks to your forum/blog users) or will you also offer a GoldenCAN like model where bounce would sometimes inject bounce's aff code (versus the forums owners aff code) so that instead of upfront fees bounce becomes a rev share deal (where sites have volume to justify this model over flat fee)?

People above were asking about affiliates or merchants in the beta... so you approach merchants and tell them how they'll be able to extend the reach / placement of their aff links by being a bounce member and they sign up and get all their links into your database? And people with forum/blog/other sites sign up as affs... so your bounce service becomes a network of sorts as well, because the technology unites merchants and sites that need aff links? And unlike the affiliate work we discuss here mostly today (affs building sites, adding pages, grabbing links), you target "affs" who already have sites and can use bounce to automatically (I mean without building a bunch of pages or links and stuff) become affs of many, many programs?

If I'm understanding your bounce stuff Nunez, I think it's a hit. I also think it's totally complimentary to all parties involved and doesn't even mess with the kind of stuff I do as an affiliate or the things merchants are already doing.

If I'm "getting" this whole concept... man, you're going to have a very big database dude! And you're going to make a lot of people money!

I can clearly see it's not a Chitika type thing or a GoldenCAN type thing or even an AdSense type thing - is this a totally new idea or are their a few like this emerging on the scene? (I don't own forums/blogs, so maybe this isn't so new and I'm just a little bit in the dark...)

Ok... pause... now tell me where I totally misunderstood this idea... I'm ready to look stupid... toss my mistakes at me... interesting stuff Michael! Trying to understand it.

Hey Donuts,

Thanks for your reply. Let's divide and conquer your post .

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    So if a blog or forum used your service... and a member posted a link to a website somewhere... bounce looks up that domain in it's database to see if the page being pointed to, can be an affiliate link instead of what the member linked to (the site has an aff program and can deep link)... and it automatically converts the posted url to a bounce url instead... so the forum owners outgoing links all become, where ever possible (where they have an aff progam), aff links, so that the forum owner is monetizing outbound links automatically...

Is that what it does?
    Yes, this is exactly what it does.

Towards better understanding the bounce service, can you briefly tell me what options/settings a forum/blog owner has to choose from in their account (or where's the help page)? The one you just told Nish about is when a merchant has more than one network/platform, you can select which one you prefer - what else you got in your bag of tricks?
    Actually, the process can get a little complicated, if the affiliate chooses. For example, if the affiliate is a member of the merchants program, and the merchant does not have deep linking set up, the affiliate has a choice:

A) Redirect to the original deep linked page with no cookie dropped.
    B) Redirect to the home page affiliate link.

Obviously, they both have their benefits.

Also, if the original URL is *not* in our database, then the user is redirected seamlessly. We track which URL's are attempted to be matched and are not in our database, so that we can add them.

Is it all javascript so that search engines don't "see" outbound links and does that improve seo by not leaking out PR as much as it would without the bounce service in place? Seems like it would help seo...
    It is not done in Javascript on our end, but can be set up as such by affiliates if they so choose. All that has to happen is for links to be prepended with the bounce.cc/redirect... As far as improving SEO, I am not an SEO expert, but maybe

If I got it right on what it does... regarding the fees to come later... will it just be a flat service fee, a percent of sales (don't see how you could track sales - I'm assuming each merchants signs up with CJ, SAS, etc - and that you're not using subIds and writing checks to your forum/blog users) or will you also offer a GoldenCAN like model where bounce would sometimes inject bounce's aff code (versus the forums owners aff code) so that instead of upfront fees bounce becomes a rev share deal (where sites have volume to justify this model over flat fee)?
    I am working on the fee structure now, but here are my thoughts so far. I am thinking about different plans, here are a couple examples:

1) The Pick 5 plan - Pick your first 5 non sponsored merchants for free, then $1 for each additional merchant per month. Since some merchants will be sponsoring their bounce link, this could be a great plan. Let's say 20 sponsored their bounce link, and you chose 10 charged links, the final result would look like this:

5 Free + 20 sponsored + 10 Charged links = $10 per month

2) The ABW plan - there will definitely be an advantage for ABW merchants and affiliates, I have to figure it out. Feel free to suggest anything.

3) The All in plan - select every merchant and receive a discount.

Also, if we offer 300 deep links, and the affiliate only chooses 50, then any of the other 250 that get sent through will be changed to our affiliate link. This will be, however, available in a report so that the affiliate may choose if they want to purchase additional merchants. This report will contain click data.

I want this to be completely fair, so if you (or anyone else) sees a hole, please let me know.

People above were asking about affiliates or merchants in the beta... so you approach merchants and tell them how they'll be able to extend the reach / placement of their aff links by being a bounce member and they sign up and get all their links into your database? And people with forum/blog/other sites sign up as affs... so your bounce service becomes a network of sorts as well, because the technology unites merchants and sites that need aff links? And unlike the affiliate work we discuss here mostly today (affs building sites, adding pages, grabbing links), you target "affs" who already have sites and can use bounce to automatically (I mean without building a bunch of pages or links and stuff) become affs of many, many programs?
    Yes, this is pretty accurate. Bounce is for anyone who wants to use it. It can be for web page affiliates that don't feel like logging into a network to get their link, if they didn't want to. But the biggest benefit is for the Forum owners and Bloggers who have users generating content. Think of it this way, every time a user posts in a forum or comments in a blog, there is a potential for the cash register ringing, and it is ringing for the forum/blog owner.

Another benefit for ALL affiliates, is the network independence. When a program moves for CJ to SAS, an affiliate has to go in and change out all of their direct product links. As long as the merchant continues to offer deep linking, and doesn't change their link structure, all we have to do is change it in one cell in the database and the links will then work for the affiliate.

If I'm understanding your bounce stuff Nunez, I think it's a hit. I also think it's totally complimentary to all parties involved and doesn't even mess with the kind of stuff I do as an affiliate or the things merchants are already doing.
    Thanks Donuts, I saw a need, and am filling it.

If I'm "getting" this whole concept... man, you're going to have a very big database dude! And you're going to make a lot of people money!
    It'll be a good size, I only have 370 in there now, but will add any one that affiliates need if the merchant offers deep linking.

I can clearly see it's not a Chitika type thing or a GoldenCAN type thing or even an AdSense type thing - is this a totally new idea or are their a few like this emerging on the scene? (I don't own forums/blogs, so maybe this isn't so new and I'm just a little bit in the dark...)
    I don't know of anyone else offering this. I've started the patent search process, and this will soon be patent pending. I'm not sure if I can patent it, but I'm sure as hek gonna try!

Ok... pause... now tell me where I totally misunderstood this idea... I'm ready to look stupid... toss my mistakes at me... interesting stuff Michael! Trying to understand it.
    Nope, as usual, you're right on.

If you're pre-patent, I suggest you confer with Haiko and consider removing this exchange we're having. I have no idea at all how it could affect a patent application (I'm not a lawyer), but it seems we're publically airing your idea before it's been properly protected.

And, now understand how an affiliate (a traditional one like me) would also benefit from Bounce. Instead of coding in aff links, I could point to the desired target page on the merchant's site, and bounce them instead and let you worry about the changes a merchant might make to network, links, etc. Wasthinking in terms of owning a forum/blog site and monetizing links that others might add... but now understand how it could also apply to my intentional links I build and can see the benefits you're describing.

Cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    If you're pre-patent, I suggest you confer with Haiko and consider removing this exchange we're having. I have no idea at all how it could affect a patent application (I'm not a lawyer), but it seems we're publically airing your idea before it's been properly protected.

And, now understand how an affiliate (a traditional one like me) would also benefit from Bounce. Instead of coding in aff links, I could point to the desired target page on the merchant's site, and bounce them instead and let you worry about the changes a merchant might make to network, links, etc. Wasthinking in terms of owning a forum/blog site and monetizing links that others might add... but now understand how it could also apply to my intentional links I build and can see the benefits you're describing.

Cool stuff.

Thanks Donuts.

No worries on the patent. I have 1 year from when it goes public (yesterday) to get the patent pending status, and am still protected. According to my VERY expensive patent lawyer, lol.

ABW Ambassador
    "Forums
    We are working on scripts so that you can prepend all links in your forums with the bounce.cc redirect. This will allow you to monetize user generated content with minimal effort."

I'm very tech challenged so I'm trying to understand how this works. I have an infopoop forum and a lot of times people are posting about merchants and deals and such. So is this something that can turn those links into my affiliate links?

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    I'm very tech challenged so I'm trying to understand how this works. I have an infopoop forum and a lot of times people are posting about merchants and deals and such. So is this something that can turn those links into my affiliate links?
    Hey Trust,

Yes, that's exactly what this does . We can discuss it a little further, and you can be my infopop beta tester, that's one of the forums on my list of ones to work on. I'll move it to the top of my list for ya. Send me an email if you're interested.

-Michael

There is now a live example of how bounce.cc works here:

http://www.suluta.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Nunez
    There is now a live example of how bounce.cc works here:

http://www.suluta.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

I forgot to add, you don't have to sign up to the forum to post, just use:

played, posted, buy.com works. cool stuff.

think blog owners and forum owners will be delighted.

and as we discussed, this might find its way into the regular aff toolbox as well, to make link maintenance easier on the aff (and harder on Nunez, hehehe).

pitched it to Haiko yet for ABW? when it's ready, seems like a fit...

ABW Ambassador
    But will it actually redirect viewers to the correct page? Most people don't just post - hey look at buy.com! They post to a product on buy.com.

Past that functionality (if it can actually send you to the correct page), i am surprised by the excitement. This is just redirects that most people do (or should be doing) but with the added disadvantage of having to run it through a 3rd party that can cost you money or be down... am I missing something?

And I believe tinyurl already changed links to affiliate links (their own) if they could, so that prior art is pretty old. And that is not counting all the people already doing redirects with similar functionality...

Chet

Hey Chetf,

Thanks for posting. Here are your answers.

But will it actually redirect viewers to the correct page? Most people don't just post - hey look at buy.com! They post to a product on buy.com.
    Yup, give it a shot. Find a product on Buy.com and post it using the demo account I link to above.

Past that functionality (if it can actually send you to the correct page), i am surprised by the excitement. This is just redirects that most people do (or should be doing) but with the added disadvantage of having to run it through a 3rd party that can cost you money or be down... am I missing something?
    You're absolutely right. This is something that everyone *could* manage themselves if they wanted to. But the amount of time it takes to find out how to direct link, build the link, and (most importantly) continuously manage the link makes our service worth it. For example, when buy.com switched from LS to CJ, we would have to change one spot, and all of our affiliate's links would continue to function normally.

And I believe tinyurl already changed links to affiliate links (their own) if they could, so that prior art is pretty old. And that is not counting all the people already doing redirects with similar functionality...

Chet
    I'm not claiming that what we do is completely new, very large forums do this already for themselves, our difference is that we'll do it for multiple people. The larger forums have staffs of programmers that maintain this for them. Our product is perfect for forums and blogs that would rather focus on the things they do best - posting and blogging.

Thanks again,

Michael

ABW Ambassador
    Ahh okay. And I imagine for merchants that use the landing page or coding in the current affiliate linking it works pretty well. Nice enough. Does it know when it isn't going to find the right page? (ie. some merchants it just won't work for?)

Guess i just see linking as one part of link/page building and having this functionality still means a person needs to do all the regular stuff, which most larger affiliates do through code and dbs so this isn't needed. But I guess for affiliates who hand make each page and don't use a simple redirect script...

chet

Ahh okay. And I imagine for merchants that use the landing page or coding in the current affiliate linking it works pretty well. Nice enough. Does it know when it isn't going to find the right page? (ie. some merchants it just won't work for?)
    Great question Chet, right now, every URL in our database allows deep linking. If the merchant doesn't allow it, Bounce assumes that the forum owner wants the user to land on the product page, so it sends it to the original url without changing it to an affiliate link. However, there will be an option in the very near future that will allow the affiliate to have the user land on the merchant homepage (through the affiliate link) on all merchants who don't allow deep linking. Thus giving affiliates the choice.

Guess i just see linking as one part of link/page building and having this functionality still means a person needs to do all the regular stuff, which most larger affiliates do through code and dbs so this isn't needed. But I guess for affiliates who hand make each page and don't use a simple redirect script...

chet
    Yup, link building is a part of every affiliates life. Which is another reason this thing is great. Let's say you wanted to make a link to The Wiggles - Dorothy the Dinosaur costume: http://www.tystoybox.com/2200/3247/878292/3187/1 (like how I just threw my merchant in there ).

Instead of having to log in to the Network, and go through all that trouble, our users can just append that link to the end of their bounce link, like this:

Bounce URL:

http://www.bounce.cc/redirect/bounce.../878292/3187/1

and voila, they have an affiliate link.

Obviously, this is geared to those who have much better things to do with their time then to manually change links in posts and don't know how to make it themselves (or don't want to manage it).

Thanks again for your post Chet.

-Michael

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast