ABW Ambassador
    Links n Sigs
    I wonder why not many members display links to their own websites on this forum compared to other similar forums?

I have also taken down links to my own main websites as I feel paranoid now

Is it about people pinching your ideas or been linked to from a site with "Affiliate" as the main keyword?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    I think mainly pinching ideas/site copying type of stuff. For me something else. In the past I posted one of my sites but then I think it's how a certain parasite found out where I lived, just whoised me. So I'm trying to stay "company free"

ABW Ambassador
    But if you go to other forums like digipoint & sitepoint etc then there is not the same fear there.

Although I must admit I once used some of my cell phone sites in my sig in a busy posting peroid on sitepoint and a bit after that there were a number of people building cell phone sites.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, I've seen those forums and looked at the affiliate sections. It isn't a fear, I've read and most appear to be newbies. Spam everywhere. Some are there just to drop links when someone has a question. Someone would ask what's the best network and someone would reply with a link to their site hoping they would go there and click some Adsense or something. Makes it pretty much useless, can't have many real discussions there. I don't trust someone's reply if theres an affiliate id attached to it. But some people here have sites in their sig, personal preference. Whatever you're comfortable with as long as it doesn't break any of the rules here.

Mine is there just in case an Aussie reads something I post. Anyone copying that site can expect to make about $1 a month in profit!
    [URL=http://ProxyGrader.com]ProxyGrader.com[/URL]
    How anonymous is your proxy?

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread