Anybody familiar with these skeezers?
    http://www.validclick.com/screened_click.php

But I've never run any PPC to this page, ever; it's the home page of the site, and I only run PPC to pages with specific brands or styles.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    According to that, it's got nothing to do with what you're advertising or what the destination URL is.

It's claiming to be some kind of fraud-prevention thing that some PPC engines are using. If a fraud click comes into your ad and is detected, their system (if it works as claimed) kicks the click through via a ValidClick redirect rather than going through the PPC's meter.

Until today, I'd never heard of them. I would suspect that they're working with 2nd or 3rd-tier PPCs, since I can't imagine a major one allowing such an outsourcing of their fraud dept. to be so obvious...

ABW Ambassador
    I know Google has some kind of click fraud tracking thing going, I wonder if they're using them:
    http://www.adotas.com/2006/03/when-c...-fight-back/2/

In Google I saw this snippet:
    Now there is technology available to stem the click fraud tide but, as a colleague of mine expressed recently, if Google turns on the ValidClick switch,

but then I don't see it on the page.
    Last edited by Trust; July 27th, 2006 at 04:02 AM.

ValidClick? Think Partnership? DirectAds?
    I just got an email from something called "Think Partnership" promoting a "Click Fraud White Paper" which turns out to be a straight sales pitch for ValidClick.com. ValidClick apparently operates some kind of PPC network for content sites with enhanced tracking and click-fraud detection -- but there is no list of participating sites, and no meaningful information, other than a bald claim that their publishers earn an average of 44 cents per click.

When I went to their web site, it seemed quite clear that they are "not ready for prime time," so I was surprised to see in this thread that they date back to July. Among the issues: their signup form allows only corporations to sign up as publishers, and imposes special disclosure requirements that the company itself doesn't even meet.

Has anyone had any experience with ValidClick or Think Partnership? Who are these guys? When I read through their email more closely, I discovered that Think Partnership now owns Kowabunga Technologies (which operates MyAP and Kolimbo).

ABW Ambassador

Not only K! and ValidClick, but our good friends SecondBite as well....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Todd (Farmer) is in the MyAp / Kolimbo division, I doubt he's got much time to answer questions about this other division of ThinkP.

Todd / MyAp acquired by ThinkP:
    http://blog.kowabunga.com/archives/2...ing_cor_1.html

Bet ToddF will be in Vegas for Aff Summit... just guessing, but I imagine Kolimbo will have a booth.

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    I just got an email from something called "Think Partnership" promoting a "Click Fraud White Paper" which turns out to be a straight sales pitch for ValidClick.com. ValidClick apparently operates some kind of PPC network for content sites with enhanced tracking and click-fraud detection -- but there is no list of participating sites, and no meaningful information, other than a bald claim that their publishers earn an average of 44 cents per click.

When I went to their web site, it seemed quite clear that they are "not ready for prime time," so I was surprised to see in this thread that they date back to July. Among the issues: their signup form allows only corporations to sign up as publishers, and imposes special disclosure requirements that the company itself doesn't even meet.

Has anyone had any experience with ValidClick or Think Partnership? Who are these guys? When I read through their email more closely, I discovered that Think Partnership now owns Kowabunga Technologies (which operates MyAP and Kolimbo).
    You got it? ... I got it too.
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

http and a telephoto
    Think Partnership also has a booth at Summit, let's be prepared to hammer.. er... ask questions about SecondBite etc...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread