ABW Ambassador
    Need Some Non-CJ Merchants that Convert!
    Hey,

I'm beginning work on a new, sprawling content site (travel in Nevada and photography). Most of the advertising will be quite targeted (hotels, books, Adsense), but I do have space for some text links for "general things", such as credit reports, credit card offers, and other stuff that in one way or another applies to most people.

CJ obviously has lots of these, but....I'm not gonna mess up this new site with a bunch of crappy javascript links. Nor do I want to go back through the site 6 months from now and replace the links when CJ converts fully over.

Thus, looking for some recommendations for merchants that people find convert off a general content-type (travel oriented) site and who you have had good luck with. And who aren't with CJ, either! Any shareasale merchants would be particularly nice.

Jim

Also, as a side note, I don't use banners. Instead, I use text links with a tiny custom graphic. These ads are then placed in a database and will be dynamically served up in a random order, filling up any empty spaces I might have in my advertising area of the page.

Have you considered selling text links? If your site has decent PR, other Nevada travel related sites would likely be quite happy to purchase small static text links. I've bought and sold text ads and have been happy from both sides of the transaction. They can work really well for content sites where a single link might not monetize well otherwise.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

American Express is on Linkshare. I would think that credit cards would convert for a travel related site.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Jim,

Batteries.com is wtih CJ and SAS. For photography section you may want to consider us. We offer tons of batteries and chargers for cameras, digital cameras, and camcorders. PM me if you would like to speak more about this.

My Best,
    KK

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Rhia7, you forgot to mention that Eric is in a travel / timeshare program but you mention Amex
    We hvae a good presence in the West, Central and East.

JimH009 and Eathan, I would love to chat with you...

*although timeshare is a taboo word cos of the bad rap in the 1980-1990, we have been growing by 15-20% each year even when the economy took a nose dive.
    I run a clean program via LS and my affiliates can attest to that.

Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    Rhia7, you forgot to mention that Eric is in a travel / timeshare program but you mention Amex
    We hvae a good presence in the West, Central and East.

JimH009 and Eathan, I would love to chat with you...

*although timeshare is a taboo word cos of the bad rap in the 1980-1990, we have been growing by 15-20% each year even when the economy took a nose dive.
    I run a clean program via LS and my affiliates can attest to that.
    Btw, I think timesharing is a good way, an affordable way for people to guarantee that they will have the vacation of their choice each year -- whether it is their favorite spot or whether they "bank and match" their time to get a different experience somewhere else.

Do people put 20% down over the computer or do you sell leads to the timeshare resorts? I would think people would need to "take the tour" with the rep and then talk to the T.O.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Eric, I'd be open to talking. No guarantees, but I do have a couple travel related sites and am always interested in taking a look at another aspect of the industry. So long as it doesn't approach me in the airport with glossy brochures...

Maybe sometime next week I'll take a look at your LS profile and drop you a note.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Btw, I think timesharing is a good way, an affordable way for people to guarantee that they will have the vacation of their choice each year -- whether it is their favorite spot or whether they "bank and match" their time to get a different experience somewhere else.

Do people put 20% down over the computer or do you sell leads to the timeshare resorts? I would think people would need to "take the tour" with the rep and then talk to the T.O.
    Thanks Rhia for the vote of confidence
    It makes sense if you travel a lot and i went to a presentation by our competitor, the breakdown the presented made sense as a layment.

As for my program, FairfieldGetaway is the program but I work for Fairfield Resorts / Trendwest - the largest vacation ownership in U.S. Our leads are not sold as they are used internally. Nobody makes a purchase online as I would be afraid to fork out $x,xxx - $xx,xxx if i was presented with this proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eathan
    Eric, I'd be open to talking. No guarantees, but I do have a couple travel related sites and am always interested in taking a look at another aspect of the industry. So long as it doesn't approach me in the airport with glossy brochures...

Maybe sometime next week I'll take a look at your LS profile and drop you a note.
    Give me a buzz. Always like to have good affiliates onboard. Met 2 really nice a affiliates recently and they are just great!

Hi Jim,

Our made-to-order puzzles do quite well with photographers who want to turn their pictures into puzzles either for themselves or to give as gifts. We have just launched our program on SAS. If you think we are a good fit, give us a try.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=76225

Colin
    Jigsaw2order.com

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread