I should have turned around after the bird .....
    A long while back I got an email with the photograph attached in it, and I thought it was hilarious ...... until today .......

Everyday, I make almost an hour commute to work which isn't a big deal. A lot of people do it, but days like today make me question whether I should just turn around and call in sick.

My commute takes me on 5 miles of back country roads, 20 miles of state highways, 13 miles of one interstate and 1 or so of another interstate.

I woke up this morning to a severe thunderstorm, pouring down rain .... and you guessed it ... the one night I DIDN'T park my car in the garage!! So not only did I have to run and take all my stuff out to my car, I had to run back inside, get my 11 month old son and stand out in the rain while I got him fastened into his carseat .... not so bad right ... okay .. there's plenty more ...

I had to run through the rain again to take my son inside to the sitter, and when I came back out, I leaped off the porch so I could quickly make it back to my car ..... right into a massive puddle, soaking my jeans almost to my knees .....

I then took off down the back country road that takes me to the highway, jamming to music ..... having a good ole time, eventhough I was cold and wet, and all the sudden *thud* I hit ANOTHER damn bird ... I don't know what it is but it doesn't seem like a day goes by that I don't hit a bird .... or a bat (once). I once backed over one going ONE mile per hour back when I worked at a car lot ...... stupid birds ......

I get out to the highway, still thinking about the stupid bird, and it was smooth sailing until I was about 5 miles from the interstate. grrrrr.... Backed clear the up and me behind some guy that felt the need to let every person cut in front of him no matter what ....

I finally make it on the interstate and 2 miles up it again .... I make it up a bit and there is one accident ... I look ahead maybe 200 feet, there is another accident, and about half a mile up from there, there is ANOTHER accident. Why does rain make people forget how to drive .... It's like when the first snow comes, and one flake sticks to the grown without melting the whole damn city stops like they have never driven in it before ... ridiculous

Needless to say, I was thinking of this damn picture the whole way to work, looking at the sky ..... waiting for the clouds to flip me off too. I did finally make it, eventhough I left 20 minutes earlier than I normally do and still got here 10 mintes late, soaking wet, and hair frizzing everywhere, but I am here.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by loxly; July 27th, 2006 at 01:01 PM. Reason: edited to show the pic in the post :) ... priceless!
    KK

You need a commute like mine. From the bedroom, down the stairs to my office. Oh, little detour to the coffee pot and to let the dogs out, but much less stressful.

Sorry to hear you had a rough one. Maybe tomorrow the accident in front of you will be an armoured truck and money will be hitting the windshield instead of birds.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Sorry to hear you had a rough one. Maybe tomorrow the accident in front of you will be an armoured truck and money will be hitting the windshield instead of birds.
    I would definately call in sick that day ......

The stupid birds don't even fly into my windshield ... I either just straight run over them or they start to fly away and get sucked up under my car .... I don't know why ... I am becoming known as the bird murderer at work, lol ....
    KK

Internet Cowboy
    Sorry your day got off to a rough start K. At least you weren't involved in one of the accidents.

You are right. Rain makes people stupid. Down here in Florida, for some reason every time it rains people drive with their hazard lights (they named those after me) on. I find that highly amusing.....and silly.

I hope your dat gets better!!!

Outsourced Program Manager
    Kristin,

Sorry to hear about your bad morning. I hope the rest of the day goes better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Down here in Florida, for some reason every time it rains people drive with their hazard lights (they named those after me) on. I find that highly amusing.....and silly.
    I do that! lol. If it's pouring bad enough (like someone is standing on the roof of my car with a fire hose pointed at my windshield), I put on the hazards. Next time, I'll dedicate it to you Scoot.

Maybe the road you travel is "for the birds". What kind are they?

That cloud image had me laughing. Thanks I needed that.

http and a telephoto
    Sorry about your bad start to the day, maybe it is a sign that the day can only get better!!!!

I edited your post to show the pic, that is too cool
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Maybe it's the name...

I'm a Collier and I've hit 4 birds. I've never hit any other animal but I hit birds

CDC
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do...

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by CDC
    Maybe it's the name...

I'm a Collier and I've hit 4 birds. I've never hit any other animal but I hit birds

CDC
    LOL.

You know, this reminds me of a trip I took to Tampa from Orlando. I was driving down I-4, the largest highway in Central Florida, when I hit a chicken. How the hek did a chicken get on I-4?

Quote Originally Posted by CDC
    Maybe it's the name...
    Same here, I have never hit anything else but birds and a bat.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpaw
    What kind are they?
    All diffent kinds, this more it was a pigeon, the one at the car lot was a crow, and a bat.

I have almost hit 2 turkeys too, one on the country road and the other on the highway ..... lol ...
    KK

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    I edited your post to show the pic, that is too cool
    Thanks! Today has been okay though, nothing else major has happened, but I do have to drive home in a bit ...... DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNN!
    KK

The first bird I hit was a goose!
    I was leaving my brothers house in Tahoe and it flew right in front of me. I thought it was coming through the windshield...

CDC
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do...

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Thanks for reminding me of one of the reasons I'm in this biz: No rushing, no commuting, and no need to ever be driving in the "rush"(nowhere) traffic-jam hours either!

I left 20 minutes earlier than I normally do and still got here 10 mintes late,
    That you have to put up with the silly concept of "lateness" is one of the suckiest parts of the entire chain of events. If it wasn't for that, nothing after the bird would have been a problem for you. In fact, you wouldn't have had any problems at all; with no deadlines you could have just waited out the storm, and it wouldn't have been nervewracking to encounter those traffic jams. And the bird would have been hit by some other person who was trying to rush!

Try the other side of affiliate marketing! Just reading your post puts Goofle's nonsense into better perspective. G's antics seem trivial compared to the thought of a daily dose of playing along with worthless artificial deadlines!

I was stopped at a stop sign once and had a bird hit me

A blue jay just dropped out of the sky an onto my hood.

I couldn't believe it. It was like a Monty Python bit...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Funny pic. I have to watch for squirrels. It's like they wait for me and throw themselves in my car's path and do a Freeze, Which Way Should I Go Now Dance. And they pick and I try to swerve and it just doesn't work out sometimes.

edited to add, forgot to mention loose pets. Not so much now but months ago when I lived in a house in a very rural area. It's actually against the law to let them run loose but it's not actually enforced. And just driving down the 2.5 mile road to the main street and you would have to watch out. There are certain sections that if you went off the road, your car would flip down the hill and if you make it will be pretty messed up. But people would let their dogs run all over the place. If they get hit, probably will lose a pet and can also lead to some serious car accidents.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    I have to watch for squirrels. It's like they wait for me and throw themselves in my car's path and do a Freeze, Which Way Should I Go Now Dance. And they pick and I try to swerve and it just doesn't work out sometimes.
    This will make you :-):

There's a man trying to cross the street. As he steps
    off the curb a car comes screaming around the corner
    and heads straight for him. The man walks faster,
    trying to hurry across the street, but the car changes
    lanes and is still coming at him.

So the guy turns around to go back, but the car changes
    lanes again and is still coming at him.

By now, the car is so close and the man so scared that
    he just freezes and stops in the middle of the road.

The car gets real close, then swerves at the last
    possible moment and screeches to a halt right next him.

The driver rolls down the window.

The driver is a squirrel.

The squirrel says to the man says, "See, it's not as
    easy as it looks, is it?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    lol Mama squirrels need to teach them to look both ways first.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Nunez
    LOL.

You know, this reminds me of a trip I took to Tampa from Orlando. I was driving down I-4, the largest highway in Central Florida, when I hit a chicken. How the heck did a chicken get on I-4?
    It jumped off a truck to escape going to the meat market... not the chicken's lucky day...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I smell photoshop's "magic wand" tool...you and that guy from Reuters would get along I think

Quote Originally Posted by IronChef253
    I smell photoshop's "magic wand" tool...you and that guy from Reuters would get along I think
    I did not create or take this photo, it was emailed a long time ago in a chain email ...
    KK

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread