JC Whitney su**s
    I'm so mad at JCW. They had a great thing goin' for a number of years. I had sales with them every month. Then they decided to change their motorcycle section, and their links have been bad for over a year. I can't believe someone could be so incompetent!!!!

I'll put a link up for all CB models (that catogory:example) then when you click into a catogory you get "no results", then they'll work. Later on, go check on it, "no results". Back and forth, works, then doesn't.

Same with their prduct links....put a link up for a particular item for a paticular motorcycle......then it doesn't work, then it works, then it doesn't.

What the heck is wrong with them?!! Don't they actually want to sell stuff. This has been going on for a year. I've had to remove their links....ok, this is about the 9th time I've removed their links. I tried to put them back up today, same thing.

I just can't put them up anymore...can't reach anybody that'll help the situation either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin-1752[url="http://www.salocal.com/goldwing/goldwing_tech.htm"][/url]

Internet Cowboy
    They are a classic example of how neglect can kill a program.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    At opne point I was sending them like 60K hits a year, but it is just not worth it. I still get some sales from them, but I've let my pages for them go. Such a shame, too, it was a great program when Rick McGrath was running it.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

15 years and counting
    Elbowcreek - it was a great program when Rick McGrath was running it
    I did great with them but like you said it was when Rick McGrath was running it. I quit that vertical soon after and I'm glad I did. It's a waste of time, now.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elbowcreek
    At opne point I was sending them like 60K hits a year, but it is just not worth it. I still get some sales from them, but I've let my pages for them go. Such a shame, too, it was a great program when Rick McGrath was running it.
    Yeah, ditto.

I've still got pages up with them on, but the sales stopped a bit before Rick left. I quit updating them, though--no point in wasting time and effort on a place that no longer converts.

I did notice what SALLocalCom did at one point. But I also detected a lack of upper-management support for the program at the time Rick moved on, so I hold no hopes of improvement from this one. Personally I think their head honchos sabotaged the program.

I think I've had 3 sales from them this month, actually, all from old pages/sites.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Unfotunately they are obably the most well known automotive place online.

I also noticed the drop in conversions when Rick left. Two weeks ago I got an email from PFX rep asking why I wasn't promoting them more and posting their new creatives. I explained my lack of trust and their low conversions due to finding JCW on many of the parasites' list of merchants. "Why should I get excited about sending them targeted traffic when a good percentage of sales will be hijacked at checkout."

No response in two weeks. Pulled all their links and found a replacement program at SAS.
    ~Ernie

In 2005, without even trying I sent them 32,941 clickthroughs, resulting in 73 sales, or 1/451 conversions. I've been cutting down on their links this year, resulting in 6,840 clicks so far, 18 sales or 1/380 conversions. I've got a ways to go to finish removing their links, but I'll get there in time for Xmas.

You know, if Rick would start up a small auto supply store, I bet we'd send him hundreds of thousands of visitors, between us. Someone suggest that to him, heh.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread