Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Account deactivated
    Hi everyone,

I am frm india. New to this forum. Been in cj for 2months. Just got a an email from client servies saying my account will be deactivated within 15 days for inflating traffic. I have got $134 in my account. All $134 have been closed.

CJ terms and condition says, (publisher agreement)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (f) Post-termination. Upon termination of this Agreement, any outstanding payments shall be paid by CJ to You within 90 days of the termination date, and any outstanding debit balance shall be paid by You to CJ within 30 days of termination of this Agreement. All payments are subject to recovery for Charge-backs. Upon termination of this Agreement, any permissions granted under this Agreement will terminate, and You must immediately remove all Links to Advertiser(s). Provisions of this Agreement that by their nature and context are intended to survive the termination of this Agreement shall survive the termination of this Agreement to the extent that and as long as is necessary to preserve a party's rights under this Agreement that accrued prior to termination.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

My question is,

Should i want to forfeit my $134 to cj or do CJ pay me that $134 after deactivating the account(within 90 days). According to the aggrement (i coloured it in red) which is most important.

So Experience CJers here, please clarify my doubt.

Will i get my cheque for $134 or not?

Thanks in advance for your answers,
    Sri.

Did they say what they would do with the account balance in the email?

Quote Originally Posted by fg20878
    Did they say what they would do with the account balance in the email?

Hello,

They said nothing about that in email. Emailed them but no response. Can you please guess and say what would be the result?

Sri.

What does "inflating traffic" mean?
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

If they have proof that you were using fraudulant tactics, then I'm sure that there is a clause in their T&C's that will say that you forfieit your earnings. But, before I gave up on my money, if I wasn't doing anything "Black Hat", I would make them prove their case.

From CJ's T&C's

CJ may terminate You, one of Your Web sites, or Your use of a promotional method, from an Advertiser's Program, at any time in CJ's sole discretion. Breach of any Section of this Agreement is cause for immediate termination from an Advertiser's Program and/or termination of this Agreement, and may result in Chargeback of one or more Payouts.

Sheri

I wouldn't hold my breath for the payment.

Quote Originally Posted by sri
    Hello,

They said nothing about that in email. Emailed them but no response. Can you please guess and say what would be the result?

Sri.

If you are new to the affiliate world, it might also benefit you to find out from them what the problem was that they have with your tactics. It won't bring back the money or your relationship with CJ, but maybe there is something that you are doing that you don't realize is considered fraudulent. It will get you into trouble eventually.

Of course there could be the fact that you were intentionally doing something wrong, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here.

Sheri

Quote Originally Posted by La_Valette
    What does "inflating traffic" mean?

Driving worthless traffic i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Sheri
    If they have proof that you were using fraudulant tactics, then I'm sure that there is a clause in their T&C's that will say that you forfieit your earnings. But, before I gave up on my money, if I wasn't doing anything "Black Hat", I would make them prove their case.

From CJ's T&C's

CJ may terminate You, one of Your Web sites, or Your use of a promotional method, from an Advertiser's Program, at any time in CJ's sole discretion. Breach of any Section of this Agreement is cause for immediate termination from an Advertiser's Program and/or termination of this Agreement, and may result in Chargeback of one or more Payouts.

Sheri

Sheri,

I understand about "charge back". One thing i still dont understand is that, in what case, they will "charge back"?

In my case, what would be the result? They said i am inflating traffic to one or more of my advertisers.

In this case, do i want to forfeit my commisions, or they will send my money?

Sri

Quote Originally Posted by fg20878
    I wouldn't hold my breath for the payment.

What you mean by this? Am not much fluent in English. But i can manage with mine. Not like you guys, i am not that fluent. What you mean by "I wouldn't hold my breath for the payment"?

Can you explain me a bit well?

Sri

If you are new to the affiliate world, it might also benefit you to find out from them what the problem was that they have with your tactics. It won't bring back the money or your relationship with CJ, but maybe there is something that you are doing that you don't realize is considered fraudulent. It will get you into trouble eventually.

Of course there could be the fact that you were intentionally doing something wrong, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here.

Sheri

Yes am new to the affiliate world and am in CJ for only 2 months. I havent done any fraud intentionally. Dont wanna do that. May be i was wrong in my way in promoting the adverdisers banners, inadvertently. Whatever it would be, i just wanna know, in my case, for inflating traffic, or driving traffic of no value, as per CJ reasons for terminating my account, will i get my cheque or do i want to forfeit my earnings? Please tell me.

Sri

what is inflating the traffic ?

Quote Originally Posted by sri
    Driving worthless traffic i guess
    Why would your account be terminated for that? It will give you a low epc if your clicks are never converting (something you obviously want to fix soon) but that's hardly evil, is it? Sounds like you should stand up and fight this, unless I'm missing something here...
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

What it sounds like to me is that CJ sees that you are driving traffic to your site but that the methods that you are using are not correct. They wouldn't just deactivate your account for a low EPC, especially not right away.

They think you are doing something fraudulent.

Now, I would pursue it with them if only to get an explaination of what they think you are doing. This will help you learn about the right and wrong way to do things with your site.

I doubt that you will receive your payment. It is pretty clear that if they terminate your account for reasons that they see as fraudulent, they will not pay.

If you are able to get ahold of a live person and find out what they think is going on, you may be able to work something out with them. Maybe they are wrong. But, I would imagine that your money is gone and that your relationship with CJ is over.

As for the "don't hold your breath" comment. It is just a saying that means if your were to hold your breath and wait for your money to come, you would pass out from lack of air before you would ever see your money. I don't know what your native lanquage is, so I'm sure that it just got lost in the translation.

Bottom line: Try to find out what they thought was so bad so that you can either explain yourself, or learn from it for future use.

Sheri

What it sounds like to me is that CJ sees that you are driving traffic to your site but that the methods that you are using are not correct. They wouldn't just deactivate your account for a low EPC, especially not right away.

They think you are doing something fraudulent.

Now, I would pursue it with them if only to get an explaination of what they think you are doing. This will help you learn about the right and wrong way to do things with your site.

I doubt that you will receive your payment. It is pretty clear that if they terminate your account for reasons that they see as fraudulent, they will not pay.

If you are able to get ahold of a live person and find out what they think is going on, you may be able to work something out with them. Maybe they are wrong. But, I would imagine that your money is gone and that your relationship with CJ is over.

As for the "don't hold your breath" comment. It is just a saying that means if your were to hold your breath and wait for your money to come, you would pass out from lack of air before you would ever see your money. I don't know what your native lanquage is, so I'm sure that it just got lost in the translation.

Bottom line: Try to find out what they thought was so bad so that you can either explain yourself, or learn from it for future use.

Sheri
    Many thanks sherri for taking your time to understand me better. My native language is Tamil and not english. I am not so fluent in english but i can manage well enough.

One thing i was still lacking is that, you said that

"I doubt that you will receive your payment."

What you mean by this?

You doubt on what? Are you saying that i wont receive my payment? Or is it that, are you saying that i will receive my payment? I am not sure on what you mean by "I doubt". Please make me clear as you always.

Sri

When I say that I doubt that you will receive payment, I am saying that I do not think you will receive it. BUT, you need to get information from CJ that tells you what you did wrong, so that you can see if there is any way that you can work with them to receive payment.

If you do not communicate with them further, then I do not think they will pay you. It is up to you to follow up and make sure. Or see if there is some way that you can get paid.

I have a nephew that was adopted from Bangalore, and I believe he speaks Tamil. He was four when he was adopted, so he had his basic lanquage skills in place. I have never heard him just speak Tamil. He has learned english very quickly. Sometimes if he get's excited he talks sort of gibberish, but I'm not sure if he is just making stuff up or if he is speaking Tamil. So, I don't know, speak, or understand the lanquage. He also has an adopted sister that was adopted from Calcutta.

Sheri

I test my CJ links all the time - both on my live affiliate site and on my local machine.

This causes a high rise in page impressions and CTR , but ZERO conversion obviously.

How come CJ hasn't deactivated MY account then?

But I never spam my links or ask anyone to involuntarily click on them and I dont maintain any sort of mailing lists.

ABW Ambassador
    There's no way to tell because we don't know your site or how you operate. Most of the time they get it right but they have been known to be wrong. there have been some instances posted here when they have. I've always said they should give the exact reason why they terminate somebody so they have a chance to defend themselves. I am wondering what you meant by:

"May be i was wrong in my way in promoting the adverdisers banners, inadvertently."

Quote Originally Posted by best123
    I test my CJ links all the time - both on my live affiliate site and on my local machine.

This causes a high rise in page impressions and CTR , but ZERO conversion obviously.

How come CJ hasn't deactivated MY account then?

But I never spam my links or ask anyone to involuntarily click on them and I dont maintain any sort of mailing lists.
    I use XENU to test my links all the time. CJ has not had an issue with it. Unless you use programs such as Xenu to inflate click to an unreasonable level (thus you might be affecting the advertisers EPC).

Clicking on your own links is not against CJ's TOS as far as I know unless it's a CPC (which there are few if any on CJ).

If you feel that CJ is wrong, then talk to them about it. They, unlike Google, are willing to listen to your side of the story. Since all you earned is $134.00 that is certainly not enough to get anyone in an uproar.

It's rare that I ever hear of anyone getting deactivated on CJ for "inflating traffic". Most of the time it's because they were doing it by other means that is against TOS such as adware, spyware, etc type of programs.

IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    Unless you use programs such as Xenu to inflate click to an unreasonable level (thus you might be affecting the advertisers EPC).

Clicking on your own links is not against CJ's TOS as far as I know unless it's a CPC (which there are few if any on CJ).
    What happens if a merchant's EPC gets inflated?

Do they have to pay CJ more?

What happens if a merchant's EPC gets inflated?
    The EPC would decrease, not increase. That makes the merchant look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by KirkMcD
    The EPC would decrease, not increase. That makes the merchant look bad.
    you mean that a low score on the green bar in CJ, makes the merchant look bad to other affiliates?

you mean that a low score on the green bar in CJ, makes the merchant look bad to other affiliates?
    Yes. Would you want a merchant that doesn't convert or pay well?

EPC, for those who don't know stands for Earnings Per One Hundred clicks. (The C is the latin abbreviation of one hundred, not for clicks.)
    For every one hundred people who click on the ad, you should expect to earn, on average, that much money.

i sometimes choose merchants with a low EPC, just to avoid the crowd.

But i'm doing aff marketing as a hobby, I really don't care about the various parameters involved - I work around what's available.

From this forum I have learnt a few things about how to avoid certain merchants - leaks, etc.

Sri, is it because you are based in India ?
    Maybe cj will be more critical to publishers based in India ?
    i cannot say this a discrimination ??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast