Angry dropped from google
    hey there,

my site is 9 month old. all this while only the index was in google. this inspite of submitting a sitemap about 2 weeks ago. now i check and even the index is no longer in google.

have i been dropped? anyone else experience this?

I would have mentioned my site but i guess it is a violation of policy. my site has all affiliate links.

Thanks
    Storm

ABW Ambassador
    You can mention your own affiliate site, just not others. And you can't post stuff with an affiliate id in them. But posting of your own site is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    But posting of your own site is ok.
    As long as it's a legitimate mention and not just spam or keyword stuffing.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ok supplementboss.com

would appreciate a response. for this entire week it shows up and sometime it doesnt.
    but now when i check in the sitemaps account i get a message that the site is no longer in the index.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; July 27th, 2006 at 08:39 PM.

Outsourced Program Manager tmartini's Avatar
    Hi Storm,

Google did a data refresh last night (7/27) and lots of sites, including my own, dropped like a stone in the rankings. Welcome to the Google Rollercoaster. Over the last 15 months we've been up for 4 months, down for 3 weeks, up for 3 months, down for 6 months, up for 1 month and now back down. Between Google's instability and the Adwords controversy I'm starting to think I should get into a more stable line of work like Professional Poker Player!

-- Todd
    Todd Martini
    Digital Marketing Manager
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    First thing I notice is a PR 0 and 0 backlinks. Did you ever get links to your site?

Yes i have just started to work on it. as a matter of fact it will look very different in a few days and that why i am worried that it has been dropped.

on another note: what is the best way to build back links? i hear that link farms do more good than harm. are articles and ezines the best option?

Quote Originally Posted by gingercindy
    hey there,

my site is 9 month old. all this while only the index was in google. this inspite of submitting a sitemap about 2 weeks ago. now i check and even the index is no longer in google.

have i been dropped? anyone else experience this?

I would have mentioned my site but i guess it is a violation of policy. my site has all affiliate links.

Thanks
    Storm
    I created 2 or 3 threads on this same subject, and no one was believing me.

Don't worry, you'll get buyers from MSN and Yahoo - they are not as strict or unpredictable as Google.

Now with SE consolidators like Gravee and Dogpile and others, people will use a combination of search engines not just Google.

Try to add some links combined with text from affiliate networks like CJ, LS and SAS and others - this might improve your chances - although I can't tell for sure - because this is what I have been doing and Google just doesnt respect my work - I'll just have to wait and see since my site is new.
    with some text content,

ABW Ambassador
    "on another note: what is the best way to build back links? i hear that link farms do more good than harm. are articles and ezines the best option?"

That's probably the problem if you've never had any links in. As far as getting links it's a little harder for sites just starting out. You can try some link exchanges or maybe you know someone with a site and ask them to link to you.

best123 you need some links in too and 3 months and 0 links isn't going to get you traffic from Google. It helps with the indexing and ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    best123 you need some links in too and 3 months and 0 links isn't going to get you traffic from Google. It helps with the indexing and ranking.
    Yeah, I've put a few links in , but it's hard to get a link in on every single page.

I'll just focus on completing the site now and then start sowing the links.

Ginger:

Check your site with this tool... http://www.seochat.com/googledance/

See if you see it in any of them.

Here's my personal favorite:

Google Datacenter Watch Tool
    http://www.mcdar.net/dance/index.php
    Todd Martini
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

Hey Todd,

I searched for www.supplementboss.com on http://www.mcdar.net/dance/index.php and selected the first button i.e datacenter. on the 3rd and 6th column it showed my site. what does that mean?

i tried on http://www.seochat.com/googledance/ and got a not found message

ABW Ambassador
    I just see they got your index page:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...om&btnG=Search

It's pretty much going to be like that until you get some other sites linking to yours.

wow...now its back and the title and description is OLD....i dont have that text on the index anymore....

Quote Originally Posted by gingercindy
    Hey Todd,

I searched for www.supplementboss.com on http://www.mcdar.net/dance/index.php and selected the first button i.e datacenter. on the 3rd and 6th column it showed my site. what does that mean?

i tried on http://www.seochat.com/googledance/ and got a not found message
    It means your site is in the index of 2 of the 6 datacenters that were queried. I just re-ran the search and found that you were in 4 of the 6 datacenters, so there's obviously some movement still going on. I ran it on the 64.233 block of servers and you were in the index of 6 of the 9 servers that were queried. You have to remember that Google has multiple datacenters/servers. When an update is in progress you can get radically different results across the datacenters. Hopefully things will stabilize for the better in the next few days. Right now the results at Google are crap.

-- Todd
    Todd Martini
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

thanks Todd! appreciate your help

almost sounds like google has changed away from the "Big Daddy" kind of update, gone back to the original method.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    also he only thing I see basical on your home page is your goldencan code. Bear inmind that the search engines can't see this. Try to add more text t the page and get the html version of the goldencan code up.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread