Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thumbs up Building Sites: Dreamweaver
    Dreamwaver it's the best option right?

399 dolares hurts,...

So any tip on where to get it at a lower price? Other than Ebay?

What about a course for it?

What other software do I need? Photoshop?

Again people, Thank you very very much !!!

ABW Ambassador
    SeaBiscuiT,

I use Dreamweaver Ultra Dev - and I love it. I also use Macromedia Fireworks and Photoshop for graphics. One more application that I use is ColorSchemer. It is a color palette tool that takes the guess work out of creating color schemes.

There are plenty of ways around paying for a licensed copy of most software but considering the topic of ABW, I urge you to buy a real copy of your core software. Not to sound preachy but I run my sites like a business and as a business I would not want to be breaking any laws - no matter what the general population may say.

CanadianDave

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    Are you a student in college? IF so there might be a educational copy at a reduced price.

Craigslist in your area, not mailed...

Buy a used computer with it and a license and CD. Take the software, move it,delete old copy, and resell the computer... Sounds strange but I have done it and still made money and free software.

Talk to friends maybe somone changed software or went to MAC.

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    Cool
    Yeah I got my copy when I bought an old computer that had it installed and had the disks (it is an older version but then I bought an upgrade and still saved mega bucks) I only paid 10 bucks for the computer got it from a "school sale" they hold them at the end of the school year here when they are getting rid of older computers.
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

399 dolares hurts,...
    If you are just starting out think free. There's HTML-kit , notepad, and searching image editor at downloads.com shows a bunch. Try sorting by total downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpaw
    If you are just starting out think free. There's HTML-kit , notepad, and searching image editor at downloads.com shows a bunch. Try sorting by total downloads.
    Nice suggestions, bumpaw
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Here is a really nice free image software I couldn't find right away called Paint.net.

Here is a really nice free image software I couldn't find right away called Paint.net.
    Thanks for sharing the image software suggestion, perhaps you'd like to post in in http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=75021
    I'd really like to see ABW have some type of a graphics workshop type of subforum -- something like that would be cool in the ABestWeb Affiliate Academy.

Anyway, thanks for anywhere you share in ABW
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I took a one hour seminar from adobe.com about the new features of DW8. At the end of the interesting hour, I was given a coupon code for 10% off my purchase. One person (out of a couple thousand of us) won a free copy.

It's not much, but every little bit counts. I got the software for $169.

I just googled "dreamweaver"

the first sponsor link has it for $249

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    Cool
    That Paint.net is a great little tool I use it to make all my CP products.
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianDave
    SeaBiscuiT,

I use Dreamweaver Ultra Dev - and I love it. I also use Macromedia Fireworks and Photoshop for graphics. One more application that I use is ColorSchemer. It is a color palette tool that takes the guess work out of creating color schemes.

There are plenty of ways around paying for a licensed copy of most software but considering the topic of ABW, I urge you to buy a real copy of your core software. Not to sound preachy but I run my sites like a business and as a business I would not want to be breaking any laws - no matter what the general population may say.

CanadianDave

Hello CanadianDave, I like your name because my car's names is Dave,... I named him after Dave Mustaine

Thanks for your advise, I agree, last thing I want is getting a copy. I just want the original, and I want to pay for it,... but not 399 !!!

Thanks much!

Quote Originally Posted by andbeyond
    Are you a student in college? IF so there might be a educational copy at a reduced price.

Craigslist in your area, not mailed...

Buy a used computer with it and a license and CD. Take the software, move it,delete old copy, and resell the computer... Sounds strange but I have done it and still made money and free software.

Talk to friends maybe somone changed software or went to MAC.
    No, sadly I am not an studend

But that's a really good idea, I didn't think of it

Thanks !!! I like look on some yard sales around my town,... Windsor, VT

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by GethsemeneRose
    Yeah I got my copy when I bought an old computer that had it installed and had the disks (it is an older version but then I bought an upgrade and still saved mega bucks) I only paid 10 bucks for the computer got it from a "school sale" they hold them at the end of the school year here when they are getting rid of older computers.
    Good one,... I will ask my wife, she is a custodian on a college,... Thanks guy

Thumbs up

Yes I agree, thank you for this freeware,... I really apreciate it !!!!!!!!!

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by T2VSonya
    I took a one hour seminar from adobe.com about the new features of DW8. At the end of the interesting hour, I was given a coupon code for 10% off my purchase. One person (out of a couple thousand of us) won a free copy.

It's not much, but every little bit counts. I got the software for $169.
    Ok,... cool,... I just tried and I have to put my company info,... I do not have a business and that's one of the required fields,... Next seminar will be Tuesday 15,...

Thanks anyway

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursal
    I just googled "dreamweaver"

the first sponsor link has it for $249

Thanks guy,... Im working on it,... I will get some deal, hopefully soon

Question Academic version?
    I've got a good deal at Ebay, but,... that guy sold 2 flash academic versions and those people did send the software back and got refunded,...

Why? What it is an academic version?
    I am not an student, that means if I get one and it's academic version I won't be able to use it?

THANKS YOU GUYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBiscuiT
    I've got a good deal at Ebay, but,... that guy sold 2 flash academic versions and those people did send the software back and got refunded,...

Why? What it is an academic version?
    I am not an student, that means if I get one and it's academic version I won't be able to use it?

THANKS YOU GUYS!
    Technically, and legally, speaking, an academic version cannot be used for professional business use. At that point, it must be converted to a full version. Just an FYI if you're going the full legal route.

Anyway, you'll find that the academic version is a full version of the software (most companies are like that). All this means is that you must prove you are a current student, teacher (or some other educational-like requirement) before you are allowed to purchase the software. This is as simple as sending a current student id.

However, I don't think academic versions are upgadable. Check with the manufacturer regarding their specific rules.

One thing to note, is that if you do buy the full version at the full price (even discounted if you can find it), you might be more apt to achieve your affiliate goals even if the times get tough at first. As CanadianDave outlined, it's smart to run your business like a business because doing so, you will treat it as such in a serious fashion. This is a serious business. But it's fun, too!

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by ABCMonkey
    Technically, and legally, speaking, an academic version cannot be used for professional business use. At that point, it must be converted to a full version. Just an FYI if you're going the full legal route.

Anyway, you'll find that the academic version is a full version of the software (most companies are like that). All this means is that you must prove you are a current student, teacher (or some other educational-like requirement) before you are allowed to purchase the software. This is as simple as sending a current student id.

However, I don't think academic versions are upgadable. Check with the manufacturer regarding their specific rules.

One thing to note, is that if you do buy the full version at the full price (even discounted if you can find it), you might be more apt to achieve your affiliate goals even if the times get tough at first. As CanadianDave outlined, it's smart to run your business like a business because doing so, you will treat it as such in a serious fashion. This is a serious business. But it's fun, too!

ABCMonkey,... when did you start with this business?

It is work for you?

Are you making decent money?

How many sites do you have?

Do you manage them with the same hosting?

Do you spend so much money a month on hosting?
    THNX

ABCMonkey,... when did you start with this business?

It is work for you?

Are you making decent money?

How many sites do you have?

Do you manage them with the same hosting?

Do you spend so much money a month on hosting?
    THNX

I'm not the person to ask regarding this end of the business. I'm new to installing affiliate actions to my existing and new sites. I've been producing, managing and administering media sites, communities and executing conventional marketing/advertising campaigns since 1994. Affiliate marketing and learning what resources are available is a new gig for me. Once I figure out the key elements of integrating affiliate efforts into existing content sites, I will be happy to share them with you.

In the meantime, there are incredible affiliates here in the forum who have so much valuable information they have contributed. There comments are a great resource.

I can answer a few of those questions, however. I'm 'assuming' that affiliates here have too many sites to count, and that's one element I'm trying to figure out. Do I need a lot of sites. For me, I have four content based sites. Two have been around for a while and are bringing in a fantastic amount of traffic. However, I suspect that more sites will be created for promotional purposes.

No, I don't manage them on the same host, but that's simply because they were all started at different times with different partners. A few I'm going to place on one host, however. Ideally, if you find a dependable host who will offer great support, having all your sites on one would be advantageous. As long as they have backup systems in place, you're good in case a server goes down. Of course, lots to talk about in the hosting realm to cover here.

Nope. Don't necessarily spend a LOT of money on hosting. It's all relative to how much you are earning since bandwidth becomes the biggest cost factor when it comes to visitors.

I can't answer the money thing since this question has much to do with affiliate draws. We have not instilled much in the way of merchant promotions on our sites. That's why I'm here.

Cool
    I'm not the person to ask regarding this end of the business. I'm new to installing affiliate actions to my existing and new sites. I've been producing, managing and administering media sites, communities and executing conventional marketing/advertising campaigns since 1994. Affiliate marketing and learning what resources are available is a new gig for me. Once I figure out the key elements of integrating affiliate efforts into existing content sites, I will be happy to share them with you.

In the meantime, there are incredible affiliates here in the forum who have so much valuable information they have contributed. There comments are a great resource.

I can answer a few of those questions, however. I'm 'assuming' that affiliates here have too many sites to count, and that's one element I'm trying to figure out. Do I need a lot of sites. For me, I have four content based sites. Two have been around for a while and are bringing in a fantastic amount of traffic. However, I suspect that more sites will be created for promotional purposes.

No, I don't manage them on the same host, but that's simply because they were all started at different times with different partners. A few I'm going to place on one host, however. Ideally, if you find a dependable host who will offer great support, having all your sites on one would be advantageous. As long as they have backup systems in place, you're good in case a server goes down. Of course, lots to talk about in the hosting realm to cover here.

Nope. Don't necessarily spend a LOT of money on hosting. It's all relative to how much you are earning since bandwidth becomes the biggest cost factor when it comes to visitors.

I can't answer the money thing since this question has much to do with affiliate draws. We have not instilled much in the way of merchant promotions on our sites. That's why I'm here.
    Wow,... thank you very much for your answers !,...

Now, my first step will be to buy a Dreamweaver and start lerning it,...

Wish me good luck

THNX AGAiN

Now, my first step will be to buy a Dreamweaver and start lerning it,...
    Great choice. I have it and have been using it for years. Great robust program. You may want to buy a tutorial book to help you along.

Also, you might want to check out the Don't Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability. It's the best book I've found that gives a beginner, and a well seasoned pro, comprehensive coverage of user interface and usuability design. An easy well laid out book, and one you won't regret picking up.

Of course, you can always check your local libraries first to see if they have copies. That's where I found the latter one I referenced, but I enjoyed it so much, I bought several copies for myself and my colleagues.

Thumbs up
    Great choice. I have it and have been using it for years. Great robust program. You may want to buy a tutorial book to help you along.

Also, you might want to check out the Don't Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability. It's the best book I've found that gives a beginner, and a well seasoned pro, comprehensive coverage of user interface and usuability design. An easy well laid out book, and one you won't regret picking up.

Of course, you can always check your local libraries first to see if they have copies. That's where I found the latter one I referenced, but I enjoyed it so much, I bought several copies for myself and my colleagues.
    Thanks again!

Now, I am trying to decide between Dreamweaver 8 or Studio 8. I want Studio 8, I will love to get the test and get certification and probably even get a job at my company building websites,... Of coures I will be able to do that, aproximally next year. There is too much to learn,...

But Studio 8 is of course much more expensive.

Anyway, do you know what? I couldn't find any clear information about Academic Version. I mean in order to buy it from their site, you have to prove them you are an student or profesor, but they didn't say about once you intall it an register it. I mean, what if my wife is an student (just for example), she buys it, and then I use it and I register it under my name,... Because at Ebay you can find Academic Versions but I am not sure If you can actually install it and use is for yourself,... Do you know what I mean?

Thanks ABCMonkey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The basic reason why academic versions exist is to give a break to those in the educational field (students included) a chance to use and 'learn' their product prior to professionally acquiring and utilizing the program in business. I figure that once a student learns the program, their more apt to use it from then on before any other product.

However, if you are gonna use the program for professional purposes, then I think the legal jargon indicates that you must buy, convert, upgrade, or whatever the program to the full version. This is not to say that people aren't using the academic, blackmarket or stolen versions of the program. But for legal purposes, using the academic for purposes of profit intent is not condoned by Macromedia.

I'm sure you can contact them directly regarding limitations IF this is a concern of yours.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast