Multiple Merchants in Make-a-Page
    When will the multiple merchants search in the Make-a-Page tool function?
    It hasn't functioned for quite a while

I went to the Make-a-Page tool and under "Primary Search Criteria" I selected "All Merchants" as Merchant ID, "Fashion" as a Shareasale Category and "Womens" as a Shareasale Subcategory.

I shouldn't be getting "Invalid MerchantID - You need to select a merchant program to search."

The fact that the multiple merchants search isn't working makes me turn from Shareasale merchants altogether because (that was the tool that I really liked and I still want to use, but if the tool is not working it's causing frustration) I want a lot of links, I don't use feeds, and if the capability that could give me the fast quantity of links I desire is not working, I'll probably head over to Linkshare (not that they give me the quantity I desire all at once, but their Advanced search is excellent).

Fall is a very important time for me: women are reading all the Fall fashion magazine issues and they're spending money. This is Back-to-School time and Halloween is around the corner.

Please fix the multiple merchant capability of the Make-a-Page tool ASAP.

Thank you
    Last edited by Rhia7; July 28th, 2006 at 11:13 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I would like to use this feature also. Can a SAS rep give us an idea when this feature will start working again?

Didn't know it was broken but this is an essential feature. It must be fixed!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Any other affiliates care about this?

Please voice your opinion.

The Make-a-Page tool with the multiple merchant capabillity is a great asset to Shareasale.

To the Shareasale Engineering Coordinator:

Please fix this feature ASAP -- it is in your merchants best interests that the multiple merchant capability is functioning because items will appear from merchants that the webmaster might not have included otherwise.

The multiple merchant feature gives depth and breadth to the item selection and it reminds the webmaster about merchants that may have multiple items of interest that can add value to the web page being created.

Thank you in advance.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Yeah, to the SAS Engineer while your at it try to do this as well.

Also include the custom columns in it, its useless if we merchants put in the effort to have custom columns in our datafeed and u dont give the affiliates the opportunity to use it in your make a page feature.

Thank You!
    [B][URL=http://ablogfullofgames.blogspot.com/]Blog Games[/URL]
    [URL="http://fractalenlightenment.blogspot.com"][COLOR="Red"]Our Blog[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I also would like to see this feature fixed. It was very valuable to me to be able to pull data for multiple merchants.

I would like to see it fixed too!

Also, maybe I missed it, but once you create a page, is there a way to "continue" instead of hitting the back button. It can be quite time consuming to repeatedly type in the settings over and over each time you produce a page.

mel

I would think that merchants would be enthusiastic about the prosepect of fixing the multiple merchant feature in Shareasale's make-a-page because the multiple merchant feature gives the various merchants additional exposure.

I presently affiliate with 197 affiliate programs on Shareasale (I also affiliate with hundreds of programs on CJ and LS) and at the moment I create each page manually, one at a time -- so there's a chance that merchants might be skipped (this is not intentional, it's just difficult to get to every single merchant during a given time frame).

When the multiple merchant feature of the make-a-page tool is working I can specify the "Primary Search Criteria," the Shareasale Category, the Shareasale Subcategory, and a term such as widget or purple widget -- you'd be surprised at the related products that could be worked into the site from a variety of affiliate merchants instantaneously: that's the beauty of the multiple merchant feature.

Sometimes when an affiliate has joined multiple affiliate programs across networks it is not always easy for the affiliate to remember the names of who is selling what.

An example of one niche I promote is lingerie.
    I promote Fredericks of Hollywood on LS, and I consider that program to be my leader in lingerie (one of the reasons besides quality is that I can remember the name), but Shareasale has lots of lingerie merchants that I am willing to promote equally as well (but the names of some of them are not as memorable).

The Shareasale lingerie merchants offer fine lingerie, but sometimes I open the make-a-page tool and I look at my long list of merchants and I say to myself "what does this merchant sell?" If I can only use the make-a-page feature for one merchant at a time, the process is slowed down for me.

If the make-a-page tool has a multiple merchant feature, my results are diversified in less time and a variety of merchants get additional exposure.

I hope people from the Engineering Coordinating Department of Shareasale are reading this or at least I hope someone who can communicate with the individual or the group who can make it happen will take the time to consider the points I have raised and the points others in this thread have raised.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Personally, I could care less about the multiply merchant thingy. I don't want product links from multiple merchants on the same page. What needs to be fixed is the back button thingy.

"once you create a page, is there a way to "continue" instead of hitting the back button. It can be quite time consuming to repeatedly type in the settings over and over each time you produce a page."

This feature just recently became broken. Now each time you hit the back button, you have to reset the page parameters. Very aggrevating!

Please expedite this fix or explain why.

Gene
    TCS

Quote Originally Posted by thecool
    Personally, I could care less about the multiply merchant thingy. I don't want product links from multiple merchants on the same page. What needs to be fixed is the back button thingy.

Gene
    TCS
    Well, Gene, I would like a fix on the "multiple merchant thingy" but it looks as if a couple of "thingies" need to be fixed
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    "Any other affiliates care about this? "

Me too. Hopefully soon, I have some holiday pages i need to get working on.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Yes - we are working on this necessary upgrade... I know it is a well liked feature and will have it as soon as I can - this will likely be in the next couple of weeks.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by thecool

"once you create a page, is there a way to "continue" instead of hitting the back button. It can be quite time consuming to repeatedly type in the settings over and over each time you produce a page."

This feature just recently became broken. Now each time you hit the back button, you have to reset the page parameters. Very aggrevating!

Gene
    TCS
    I was about to post a new thread asking the exactly same question. Looks like the problem you guys been discussed a month ago still haven't been fixed.

I just started to use "make a page" feature, so I don't know what it was like before. It kills me when I have to click "back" button and reset the exactly same page parameters to make a new page. That is really a huge time consuming and waste of energy.

Gotta add my "amen" on this one. A huge waste of time and effort to keep re-entering the same settings over and over. Ugh!

Gary Speer

Yeah, I think that would be a good feature.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread