sizeappeal.com Microbar in CJ is linking to a TYPOSQUATTING MFA Domain
    I was testing out the
    88x31 Microbar from SizeAppeal.com.

It takes me to a Made for AdSense page:

http://www.sizeapeal.com/SizeAppeal/

?AID=xxxxxxx&PID=xxxxxxx&y=xx&x=x

Notice the missing 'p' , obviously someone forgot to add the extra p in the JS link in CJ ,

Now i'm stuck , until someone in CJ fixes this mistake.

Its like for every broken link we have to contact CJ's customer service and ask them to fix it. Earlier we could fix them ourselves.

What a waste of time! these JS links!
    Last edited by best123; July 29th, 2006 at 01:10 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Don't use them, I'm not. Either 2 things are going to happen at least with my top merchants. CJ will either leave html and if they don't, then I'll be using html with my top merchants elsewhere.

k,

I was just trying to put together all plus size clothing merchants.

I will not use sizeappeal for now. such a headache to ask cj to fix each broken link.

It would be much easier if each merchant in CJ took full responsibility for their links and make sure that they work properly before posting them for affiliates.

ABW Ambassador
    I just use the html text links to them which are fine. Not using js links is just what I'm doing, it's up to everybody what's best for them. They're just not going to work on my site so I'm not going to even bother with them. Plus a part of me thinks they will change their mind and leave html, so I'm not going to change to js and then back to html again. Then the other part of me thinks they're going to go ahead with the plan and if so, I'll just wait for my merchants to go and then change the links out then. To other networks links.

Or CJ might finally might give the merchants to choose - if they want to give us affiliates just plain html and totally turn off JS.

I think merchants should demand this from CJ especially because they are paying CJ.

But the non-technology savvy merchants might not properly understand what the technical difficulties we affiliates are facing and might just buy into to the sales/ marketing statements about the goodness of JS links.

I'm giving JS links the lowest priority now, first I add links from other networks once i'm done with the others I add the JS links...

From what the sales reps keep adding to each email I send them, CJ is more inclined to sticking to the JS links.

Quote Originally Posted by best123
    Now i'm stuck , until someone in CJ fixes this mistake.

Its like for every broken link we have to contact CJ's customer service and ask them to fix it. Earlier we could fix them ourselves.
    I'm fairly certain the merchant is the one that made the mistake by inputting the wrong web address and they can fix this link. Have you tried contacting them?

As for contacting CJ, I find that useless now as I've been waiting 2 weeks for them to do a simple add to my datafeed download list.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

I contacted CJ regarding this issue. I will contact the merchant directly.

But I still want to say that Merchants/ Affiliate Managers should make it part of their job or responsibility to make sure that their links are going to the correct landing pages and that the links are working properly.

Not many AMs do this, the ones that do are good AMs that I like working with.

From what the sales reps keep adding to each email I send them, CJ is more inclined to sticking to the JS links.
    Did you ever have any question about it? They have never considered changing their mind. What affiliates want or how impossible affiliates find the JS links to work with is not even on their list of things to consider.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Talking to CJ is like talking to a wall.

But, time will tell...

Only thing though is that, CJ and any other affiliate network don't care what we affs say, experience or feel cuz, they already got paid, they are not waiting for nothing.

The ones that do care get the higher priority from affs.

All aff networks are providing us free service, and this is why we cannot enforce anything on the networks.

The ones who pay the networks have the power to enforce anything they want.

The ones who pay the networks have the power to enforce anything they want.
    No they don't! Brian at SAS would kick their asses to the curb if they even tried to tell him how to run his program. But, then, he has integrity, a thing CJ has thrown out with the trash.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Or CJ might finally might give the merchants to choose - if they want to give us affiliates just plain html and totally turn off JS.

I think merchants should demand this from CJ especially because they are paying CJ.

But the non-technology savvy merchants might not properly understand what the technical difficulties we affiliates are facing and might just buy into to the sales/ marketing statements about the goodness of JS links.

I'm giving JS links the lowest priority now, first I add links from other networks once i'm done with the others I add the JS links...

Well I took 2 hours today to try updating my showcase links to the Levano IBM Thinkpad program. Seems the old HTML links don't land where they used to display product categories and the closeout sections. It was impossible to choose anything but some generic and incentive banners.( most all discountinued incentive campaigns) All the text links were for the coupon spammers, without one link to specific sections of the IBM sites. No way to write up reviews and recommendations for the lightweight x-Series Thinkpads and then tie them into proper landing pages for my shoppers. Even the individual product links display NOTHING on common keyword searches.

If I don't see fresh banners and landing pages on those LMI or outdated HTML links IBM will cease to get more then a few banner exposures on my pages since the 90's. Is this merchnat manageged by the sleazebag loving Adwhore interns rife throughout the CJ in-house AM operation??
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread