Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Has Affiliate Marketing reached its Critical Mass?
    As a newbie ,

It seems like everyone in USA and the world is now an affiliate, and

everything that can be accomplished has already been done to death and

there's nothing more left to be done.

Not even close

When you are thinking like that take a trip to the mall and see what people are carrying out of the stores. This is sure to get the ideas flowing.

Just yesterday I made a change to my business plan, There are ideas out there and yes affiliate marketing as some have come to know it is dead, They are just not good adapters to change. Think outside the box my friend
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Nahh.. there are still too many companies that are not on there. There are smaller niche market that nobody tapped into...

ABW Ambassador
    Not even close...

Every 3 or 4 months we get someone asking the same question. There are a few sites that have the Henny Penny "The sky is falling" when it comes to AM. Only a few will survive, it is funny but it really is propaganda at reducing the competion for the people in AM that are paranoid or want to sell books on the subject or whatever.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I'm a newbie and haven't seen any results after working night and day , weeks after weeks.

its like working for free for nothing.

and any new idea i think of, has been done by 1000s of others already

naturally I'll think this whole aff marketing thingy is saturated.

even niche sectors are taken

Find a way to do it BETTER than the rest. Offer your visitors something they can't find elsewhere
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Im doing some of it already - whatever is in my capacity.

ABW Ambassador
    It would appear that your SEO/SEM methodology is wacko - change your attitude and traffic may come.

Oh I alredy have traffic coming from Non-google SEs

It's my website, I'll do anything I want to make it rise to the top.

I just dont have the time to plant inbound links to my website to make google see it

you merchants with a free seo campain have it easy

your intimidations wont work on me

Internet Cowboy
    best123,
    Maybe you need to shift gears and move in a different direction. Without knowing your model or seeing your sites, it is hard for me or anyone else to give you advice.
    The one piece of advice I can give you is to lose the defeatist attitude. We are nowhere near even the halfway point to critical mass. This industry is in its infancy and there is TONS of growth ahead, but times are changing and we must be more inventive and creative to capture the growth.

If you like, go to the site review forum and post your site and a little on your marketing plan. I am sure you will get some positive feedback.

Best of luck!

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    MC - sound advice! Attitude is probably THE most important virtue in business, especially where two parties rely on one another for mutual gain.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Bravo Scooter - excellent advice.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    best123,
    Maybe you need to shift gears and move in a different direction. Without knowing your model or seeing your sites, it is hard for me or anyone else to give you advice.
    The one piece of advice I can give you is to lose the defeatist attitude. We are nowhere near even the halfway point to critical mass. This industry is in its infancy and there is TONS of growth ahead, but times are changing and we must be more inventive and creative to capture the growth.

If you like, go to the site review forum and post your site and a little on your marketing plan. I am sure you will get some positive feedback.

Best of luck!
    i will my site for review one of these days , when i feel disappointed again.

I will probably donate my site to one of you so you can take it from there.

Unfortunately many people get in this business thinking its a get rich quick kind of deal. Many websites, infomercials, ebooks make it sound that way.

But most of us who have been in this business for any length of time have worked our butts off to get where we are. I know for me personally I used to work 16 hour days 7 days a week.

Do I work those long hours now? Sometimes but not as often - and its not all about building pages but the time taken to read and learn various new things that I need to to continually expand and improve my business.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi
    Unfortunately many people get in this business thinking its a get rich quick kind of deal. Many websites, infomercials, ebooks make it sound that way.

But most of us who have been in this business for any length of time have worked our butts off to get where we are. I know for me personally I used to work 16 hour days 7 days a week.

Do I work those long hours now? Sometimes but not as often - and its not all about building pages but the time taken to read and learn various new things that I need to to continually expand and improve my business.
    I know it's not get-rich-quick and I dont expect it to be.

I have a career, I can go back to, if this aff marketing doesnt work for me.

I just want to make my FIRST sale (to someone I have no connection with) to see if this really works.

Anyway, I guess my original question on this thread was dumb, it just happened out of another disappointing day.

15 years and counting
    best123 - I just want to make my FIRST sale (to someone I have no connection with) to see if this really works. Anyway, I guess my original question on this thread was dumb, it just happened out of another disappointing day.
    I'll like to give you hope, best123. Affiliate marketing works. I'm quite dissapointed too, from time to time, and I'm not waiting for my first sale. We all have our ups and downs. The secret is to be diversified.
    Forget everything about what you're reading. If it's published, it's too late. You will not make money on old ideas.

Don't worry about sales just yet. Figure out how to provide something of value to people. Then figure out how to monetize it.

When was the last time you said "There's gotta be an easier way to do this?" or "Someone should do this?" or something similar? Whatever you were saying that about is a perfect idea for a site.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Even ex politicans are making money with Google. I read an interesting article in our local newspaper written by Yuki Noguichi of the Washington Post. Andrew Leyden former US House commerce committee counsel started http://www.podcastdirectory.com/.
    In short he earns $40,000 dollars a year from Google ads, the same as a entry level government employee salary. I guess he found the right niche. I looked but I couldn't the article on the Posts site.

No, affiliate marketing is just evolving and in order to make money in this business you need to evolve also.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I think everyone here is missing a critical point. This is just like any business, one has to invest some kind of start up capital and owning a computer and a web-site just isn't enough today. We are all competing against some pretty big players here and now even Google. It still comes down to getting the word out about your site. The keyword here is ADVERTISE! even if you cultivate customers in your own city on a local level.

Been down that road once or twice Best123. It's the nature of people to question whether it's all worth it, when no benefits are immediately seen.

I think this is even more so for those who concentrate strictly on search engines to get their traffic/sales. If you want to at least see some money come in soon, consider doing a bit of PPC with your current work (not saying switch it all over, but you can at least test the waters). This has been wonderful for my morale, as I continue work to get seeded into the search engines.

Good luck!
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

Quote Originally Posted by best123
    As a newbie ,

It seems like everyone in USA and the world is now an affiliate, and

everything that can be accomplished has already been done to death and

there's nothing more left to be done.
    Do it for enjoyment and let the money follow.

If the money doesn't follow, well at least you are enjoying the process

Have a day job or something to use as a back-up.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    "I'm a newbie and haven't seen any results after working night and day , weeks after weeks. "

Yes but all that equals 3 months. You're just getting started. You have the desire but it's going to take patience too. I know how it is just starting out wondering if it'll work, if you'll get any traffic etc. I started with a coupon/deal site and I would update it every day even tho I wasn't getting any traffic. And at times I thought why the hell am I updating the deals on my site if I'm the only one that's seeing it, or the family and friends I told about my site. But I'm very stubborn so I kept at it. After time I notice some visitors here and there from the SE's, and it grew. I realize the frustration and it drives alot to quit. This isn't for everyone and it takes more than desire. Some people are never going to make money at this but there are also some who gave up too early. It takes a lot of things, time, hard work, patience, ability to learn and adapt, stubborness, learning the different ways to get traffic etc.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by best123
    Oh I alredy have traffic coming from Non-google SEs
    Oh, you have traffic, but it isn't converting? Then there's a 95% chance the problem is one of two things:

Your site design sucks
    Or
    It's some kind of a content site.

Or both.

Keeping in mind that anything under 1k human-generated hits/day is going to result in sketchy performance no matter what you do (short of opening a gajillion sites so the aggregate amount of traffic is better).

Site design (the basic look-and-feel) can be kind of tricky. The best design depends on what you're trying to sell. The design that'll sell lots of auto parts or printer ink, for instance, will not sell tulips, and vice-versa.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast